It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama considering military strikes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Source

The Pentagon is drawing up urgent plans for increased military co-operation with Yemen, including possible retaliatory strikes against al-Qaeda targets, according to US officials engaged in a high-stakes bid to neutralise Islamist militants without enraging the Arab world.

The Obama Administration, caught out by the Christmas Day attempt to blow up a Northwest Airlines aircraft, is reviewing every possible response and has not ruled out military strikes if targets linked directly to the failed attack by Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab can be identified.

In line with the terms of a secret military assistance pact agreed last year, Abu Bakr al-Qirbi, the Yemeni Foreign Minister, insisted yesterday that any attacks on al-Qaeda targets in Yemen would be by Yemeni government forces.

Looks like the war is officially expanded.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Do I detect another replay of previous administrations in anti-terrorist strategies?
Seems a lot like the Clinton administration's use of missile strikes to try and make it look like they're doing something about problems. We all know about how that ended up. It does nothing more than like a game of Whack-A-Mole, you bop it on the head but it comes back up again like last time.
Fire and forget isn't quite the right strategy for this stuff.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

There is no war on terrorism.
These are just criminal acts. Right???

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Not according to where I get my info... Wikipedia

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hmmm.....Al Qaeda. Aren't they located in the south of Yemen? It's another group that is "terrorizing" the northern Yemeni countryside and trespassing upon the Saudi soil? I can't remember it's name right now. Here we go folks!! Yee haw!

And it's one, two, three,
What are we fighting for?
Don't ask me I don't give a damn!
Next stop is Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yeh-man, any other a$$istan!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Yadda Yadda Terrorism YaddaYadda 9/11 YaddaYadda Al Queda Yadda Yadda planes blowing up Yadda Yadda more "protective measures & preemtive strikes"

Is anybody really taking this crap seriously anymore?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
What a wonderful idea.

I have long maintained that the military should strike. En masse.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think the most important word in this story is "Considering." As long as Zerobama is "considering" military action there is nothing to fear. Come back in three months and see if he has decided yet - but don't hold your breath.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by itguysrule

The Pentagon is drawing up urgent plans for increased military co-operation with Yemen, including possible retaliatory strikes against al-Qaeda targets, according to US officials engaged in a high-stakes bid to neutralise Islamist militants without enraging the Arab world.

There is defently going to be some sort of action taken. If not direct Us military attacks from the us, there will be aid from America to Yemen regardless. Undoubtedly there will be covert ops.

top topics

join