It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Corp. Likely to Pull Fox From Time Warner Cable

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
this is actually part of the rollover or get tough campaign that TW has been running for awhile now. i cast my vote as i'm a TW customer and said get tough. and by the sound of it so did the majority of TW customers who replied to their ads. if these channel owners can't make enough money with ads and merchandising then they are doing something wrong. us cable customers shouldn't have to pay more to watch something we can get for free on the internet.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Ahhhhhhhhhh - - time to dust off the book shelf.

Do these ad run corporations really think they can manipulate me?

Is TV that important to me? NO

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
All you people who think Fox News has anymore of an agenda than all the other networks needs a serious check up from the neck up.

Fox news provides sometimes the other viewpoint. This is healthy for examining a situation from all sides and not just listening to one side. That would be stupid.

If all you had was one sided news, all you would have is one type of puppet people running around all believing the same thing. Then how would you know when your being lied to?

Fox News may not be right on everything, but neither is CNN NBC MSNBC ABC or CBS! They ALL twist the news to suit their own viewpoint. Not one of them is innocent.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C
That settles it ..

I am switching to Time Warner Cable

.. Seriously . this is good news .. now millions of costumers will not be brainwashed by the Right-conservative propaganda machine ..

True, but it is not just fox news, it's also 24, Simpsons, house, and other fox programs.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr
True, but it is not just fox news, it's also 24, Simpsons, house, and other fox programs.

-rrr

Actually FOX NEWS will not be affected at all. But NFC Football playoffs, American Idol in addition to the ones you mentioned will be.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
ATTN Ignorance Deniers:

FOX News Channel and FOX Network are 2 seperate entities.

Do not let your hate get in the way of the facts!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
No worries.....I'll stick with the Colbert report.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

All you people who think Fox News has anymore of an agenda than all the other networks needs a serious check up from the neck up.

great quote!

Fox news provides sometimes the other viewpoint. This is healthy for examining a situation from all sides and not just listening to one side. That would be stupid.

If all you had was one sided news, all you would have is one type of puppet people running around all believing the same thing. Then how would you know when your being lied to?

Fox News may not be right on everything, but neither is CNN NBC MSNBC ABC or CBS! They ALL twist the news to suit their own viewpoint. Not one of them is innocent.

While I do agree with you to a certain extent, I think it is VERY important to be aware that FOX offers an extreme version of what you're describing. For someone, like you, who is capable of analyzing data and forming an opinion based on an accurate understanding of a topic, FOX News is not bad at all. The problem comes into play when you consider the uneducated population of this country who form their opinions without intelligent understanding of facts because they receive radical view points from people like Rush Limbaugh.

I use his name because I think educated, informed right-wingers should have no problem considering him a radical. It is similar to how educated, informed liberals should consider Michael Moore a radical. The views from these people can be dangerous in the hands of the uneducated and misinformed. They preach stupidity and contribute to the growing distance between the left and the right at a time when they should be coming together.

Essentially, what I'm trying to say is, I think FOX news is EXTREMELY important. The right side needs to have their views available to those that follow them. Conservatism should hold an important position in American politics.

But, I also think that FOX needs to be more responsible with the power they have. I feel the same way about CNN from the opposite position. However, there is a real potential for danger with FOX. This is not because they are an evil corporation. It is because conservative ideals appeal to those with the least education (and therefore least ability to sperate senationalism from fact). I do not mean to imply all conservatives are uneducated. But studies show more uneducated people hold conservative values. This can be dangerous because the end result is a lot of people with voting power making choices for a country based on extremism.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Does this mean that only Time Warner Customers will be without?
I have DirectTV, so it seems like those not using TW will still see it.

Or am I missunderstanding?

You are fine. If you recall (or maybe you won't) DirecTV went through this at the end of last year. We were without Fox for like 2 days. I have TW now and could frankly give a crud if I get Fox or not. They want to raise their rates too much. They think that because they have shows like Idol, Dance and so on that the fans will be in an uproar and blackmail TW into signing a higher priced contract. TW shouldn't do it and Fox will find out soon that they're programming isn't the most important thing to people during a recession like this. Money is a bit more important.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

Originally posted by Polynomial C
That settles it ..

I am switching to Time Warner Cable

.. Seriously . this is good news .. now millions of costumers will not be brainwashed by the Right-conservative propaganda machine ..

-rrr

All of which can be viewed online at Fox or on sites like Hulu. I'm thinking that Fox isn't understanding exactly that people have other ways to get their shows.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted before, but being a cable customer that pays online, I've been getting many e-mails from them explaining the disagreement. TWC has a website where customers can vote on whether to pay more for Fox or not.

rolloverorgettough.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
All of which can be viewed online at Fox or on sites like Hulu. I'm thinking that Fox isn't understanding exactly that people have other ways to get their shows.

That's true, but Fox only puts *most* of their shows online. To my knowledge, they don't offer American Idol online anywhere. The NFC playoffs are put online by the NFL through their subscription service, but it may be a week later when people have long since seen the final score. Those are the two heavy hitters in Fox's early year lineup, and without those, Time Warner has a much bigger problem on its hands than Fox does.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Now the administration will have full control of what news gets dispersed. No more Right wing opinions or ideals to spread to the public. This is full on BullS&^%, and exactly what GB had warned about. Its only getting worse day after day after day. When will it all end?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is the best news I've heard from fox so far. Thank you for cheering me up.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by SuperSlovak]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
this is actually part of the rollover or get tough campaign that TW has been running for awhile now. i cast my vote as i'm a TW customer and said get tough. and by the sound of it so did the majority of TW customers who replied to their ads. if these channel owners can't make enough money with ads and merchandising then they are doing something wrong. us cable customers shouldn't have to pay more to watch something we can get for free on the internet.

I'm not sure why people are thinking Time Warner isn't doing exactly the same sleazy money-grubbing things Fox is. They've done this before, and won. When was the last time your cable bill went down because of it?

They'll still charge the same prices for everything, even when they're not paying Fox.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
time warner goes though this bull sh11t evarly jan 1 last year it vas all the channels from vh1 and nickelodeon threating to go off time warner unless they coughed up millions more they will come to a compromise they always do

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Sorry to say it but this will not happen. Fox needs Time Warner just as much as Time Warner needs Fox. I have family who work for Time Warner and this exact same thing went down last year.

People went without Fox for a day before a deal was settled and this time it will be more of the same.

Do you realize how much advertising revenue fox would lose if they dumped the second largest cable provider in the country?

This is nothing but posturing from fox in order to get as much out of Time Warner as possible and both parties know it.

Time Warner has a public opinion forum called Get Tough or Roll Over. They ask their customers if they should stand their ground or give into Fox thus driving up the going rate of cable.

People may be without fox for a few hours to a few days but there is no way in hell they won't come to an agreement.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I was kind of shocked to see Glenn Beck talking about NWO:

I wonder if that has anything to do w/ the decision to drop Fox News?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

It is sad that even a super moderator has fallen for a false thread headline.

Guess what, you will still have to have Glen and Bill and Sean on your TWC because the FOX NEWS and FOX BUSINESS are not EVEN mentioned in this news nor are they even part of the group of channels being considered to get cut.

Good god...how did you ever become moderator if you yourself cannot investigate the truth in a post????

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Fox has more problems than that as they tell viewers to
use DTV signals which seem the worst reception in New York.
It can't be the station now can it, it must be the weather.
TV signals blown around by the wind, the exact opposite of
Tesla waves that can push the air around.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join