It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Corp. Likely to Pull Fox From Time Warner Cable

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Thank greedy ass Rupert

And thank him for pulling the trigger on the wars with his "NEWS"

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have an easy fix for TIME WARNER.
Dump MSNBC and give FOX what they want.

Its a win win, thye dump a looser and open up more air time for
FOX BUSINESS!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The same thing happened with TW and our local Fox affiliate station. They didn't settle anything and Fox just went away from local cable stations. You could still get it with rabbit ears until the digital switch, but that wouldn't be possible with Fox news, since it's a cable station.

Personally, I don't even understand why this is news. It's just business being business. Either Fox will cave and accept less money, or Time Warner will cave and give Fox more. Fox is in the position to haggle, so they're haggling, and Time Warner is calling a bluff.

When I opened this thread, I was expecting to see something like "Fox is being shut down by a new fairness doctrine". That would be news.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yeah, I hope Bill O'Reilly bursts a blood vessel over it.

They need to cut ALL mainstream news channels and leave it to local stations.

I know for a fact, our local news station here puts all the MSM channels to shame with its journalists' integrity and impartiality to issues.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but the contract has nothing to do with FOX news, it will air as normal, it is various other fox networks that may be effected.

The contracts for six Fox cable channels -- FX, Speed, Fuel TV, Fox Reality, Fox Soccer and Fox Sports en Español -- as well as certain regional sports networks are also slated to expire. But Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network are not affected.
money.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

It does not include fox news channels or national geographic.

WHY DO YOU CARE?

ATS brings the important news much faster and will both sides of the story after a few hours of debate.

I tuned into several news stations last night and they were all talking about the failed plane bombing...Old unimportant crap.

Our gov is raping us, our leaders are criminals and all the news stations are talking about nonsense over and over and over.

Not a one of them are jounalist, they are though propoganda.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Ya beat me to it.

Sometimes you have to read the entire article huh?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by budro

right, lol

About ATS bringing the truth first, you are also right. I can't even count the times that an event has already been exposed here and discussed to death before anything airs on the msm

too bad it took three pages before it clarified

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Where do you think ATS'ers get their news???
DRUDGEREPORT.COM !!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Now if only Drudge reported news.....
Point has been made though in this thread. The article says nothing about Fox News or Fox Business being dropped, and yet again, people will go off the title of the thread to show their ignorance

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
Where do you think ATS'ers get their news???
DRUDGEREPORT.COM !!!!

Wrong, in my opinion the most enlightening, entertaining news source ATS'ers often use is Sorcha Faal.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but the contract has nothing to do with FOX news, it will air as normal, it is various other fox networks that may be effected.

The contracts for six Fox cable channels -- FX, Speed, Fuel TV, Fox Reality, Fox Soccer and Fox Sports en Español -- as well as certain regional sports networks are also slated to expire. But Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network are not affected.
money.cnn.com...

There you go the truth stands FOX NEWS will continue to air and I know the left

would love to see FOX disappear but where else can you get the truth. ATS

does have the jump on the news networks in many cases because of the up

to the minute worldwide ATS member network. ^Y^

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

money.cnn.com...

Dammit man, you ruined the fun.

It's the .line that always gets us.

I thought they had a rule on that here?

It should read: News Corp. Likely to Pull Fox From Time Warner Cable

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Indeed the fun has been ruined.

Now when will ATS implement a policy to either close down threads or change the .lines to better reflect there content, especially in regards to news stories?

My guess...never....ATS enjoys the discourse

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Waiting for the HOAX tag!

Should be up any minute..........

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The main reason I'll actually watch FOX News is that they are really the only cable news outlet left that actually presents a live news program on the weekends. Outside of the primetime slot, (AKA during the day), if you're interested in catching a quick rundown of what's happening in the world, "America's News Headquarters" is generally playing live on Fox whereas CNN/MSNBC are almost always playing some sort of Global Warming or Historical programming. I "get it" that all of them are unreliable and propaganda driven... but still, the little crawler they play on the bottom of the screen is really just a synopsis of what's happening in the world and, if something newsworthy is occuring (ie: a natural disaster, attack, etc) they're presenting it.

Another thing about Fox, for the most part, I like their hosts. I find them personable and entertaining. Woolf Blitzer, Anderson Cooper, Olbermann, and Matthews are examples of boring or overbearing jackasses who I do not care to watch. Yeah, Shep Smith may be an arrogant dingus in real life, but he presents himself as a friendly and good natured individual on air. By and large, CNN and MSNBC's on air personalities do not come off as either.(The exception to this is CNN's Campbell Brown, who also seems like a nice person.)

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

I wouldn't hold your breath...ATS (in general, not actually ATS) hates Fox News, thus a thread like this plays into the hands and generates massive amounts of hits for them.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Will it be missed, not by me, that's for sure. I've been thinking of cutting off cable all together. I watch the history channel, and maybe the discovery. What can one do with $100 more dollars a month? Digital cable is a waste of money in my opinion, especially when you have Netflix, the internet, and a good brain to keep you entertained.

Everyone talks about the bs fox news spews, what about MSNBC, and CNN? Do you ever notice how the same news stories get reported in the same or similar fashion? Where is the objectivity? Why is it that for the most part certain news stories are never reported? I have an idea, it's because the "news" is what they want to report, not what is important to you necessarily.

It's pretty fair to say the mainstream media is controlled and manipulated. To make it worse, we pay for it!

[edit on 30-12-2009 by oconnection]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
1 channel down
several 100 to go

Dont look so glum...we will eventually be able to get back on track to reality

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Yeah, I think they reserve the HOAX tags for Birth Certificate Issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join