It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Top-Ten Most Popular Conspiracy Topics of 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The Top-Ten Most Popular Conspiracy Topics of 2009

We had a busy year here at AboveTopSecret.com, with more than 38 million visits and an astounding level of pages viewed at nearly 164 million. The top-ten most popular "conspiracy theory" topics (as ranked by replies) account for nearly 2.4 percent of all pages viewed, and some of them became very popular indeed.

These top-ten popular topics run the gamut from the contentious 9/11 conspiracies, through politics and beyond. The most popular topic in both views and replies deals with a possible cover-up that has dominated conspiracy speculation for years. While three of our most-replied topics cover 9/11 conspiracies, the fact that those topics have a low amount of views indicate there may be very little interest in the topic outside conspiracy websites like ATS.

Missing ship may have secret cargo
991 replies

I'd like to chalk the above article up to just drug dealer's, or benign international smugglers. The original story came out a few days ago, but now to actually announce the possibility of secret mysterious cargo?? I think we could be looking at a very public false flag from the secret cargo, or we all have been privy to the shadow war going on right now. Yes, I said it, shadow war of the Elites.

The story gets stranger, and stranger. It's a Russian registered ship; with Russian crew, but whatever loaded with left port out of Finland.

They were attacked/boarded by masked men in a speed boat, reporting to be International(interpol) drug police. Somehow the ship was able to radio this, and said the men had left the ship. The ship never made it to port; it disappeared after that.

Does anyone else see the deception??? All the articles talk about precise details in the siege by masked men, and the ship radioing it in EXACTLY, but then the articles say the ships disappeared do to not having COMMUNICATIONS... So how does a ship with no communications say, or radio anything?

NASA STS-114 UFO Footage - Can it be debunked?
1,331 replies

I realise this is an old video however, to me it has significance importance to the understanding that UFO's are indeed real and around us on a daily basis.

Please take a look at this video and tell me otherwise. In it you will see a UFO shoot in to the frame going in one direction then decelerate and shoot off in the opposite direction. This footage was recorded by Nasa STS-114 Whilst it was orbiting the Earth.

Please note that the shuttle was travelling at 18000 mph.

Yep, It's Thermite! So Much for the Oxygen Excuse
1,382 replies

Unlike our anonymous GL's, I took it upon myself to contact Dr. Jones and ask
about the reasoning for the presence of oxygen during the DSC testing.

It turns out that our GL's know nothing about this DSC testing and are simply
blowing smoke. 24 knot smoke at that

THis is my message to and from Dr. Jones received only minutes ago...

New FDR (flight data recorder) Decode
1,914 replies

As I mentioned in another thread an Australian has decoded AA77's FDR raw data and read 5 more frames of data than the pffft decode.

It was partial frames, but the most important data was there to include Radar Altitude. This shows the actual height above what's beneath the aircraft (normally terrain), or to the layman the height above the ground.

This data also showed that the time of impact was later than initially published by the NTSB and ASSumed by pffft as many of us have said after the RADES and area radar data was released.

I'm just an ATP rated pilot, so I'll allow the "technologist" Turbofan to reveal what the data from the FDR shows in this new decode. After all, he believes it was perfect as has been touting all over the Internet for over a year.

Explain this data to everyone here, Mr. "Technologist". Remember now, you told everyone that Stutt was "on your side".

Pssst: AA77 impacted the Pentagon as we've known all along.

The ID on Operation Blackjack has a secret message
2,042 replies

Here is the code on the ID

74686973206973206e6i742073696d70
6c7920658e7465727461696e6d656e74
Here is the string converter
www.string-functions.com

It says "this is n?t simply eŽtertainment", if you can't get the video working.

So is it safe to say that whomever made "Operation Blackjack" might know something?

In my opinion this is pretty scary. The TV series 'Jericho" was very similar to this operation Blackjack and in my opinion there has to be ties between the two.

I believe that the code of the TPTB is to warn people before acting. The "Lone Gunman" was a pilot that aired in the summer of 01' in which terrorists crashed passenger jets into the twin towers.

Photo - Obama's Kenyan Birth Certificate (political fraud)
2,559 replies
NOTE: This is a highly controversial topic, that initially appeared to cover a plausible Kenyan birth certificate, later revealed to be a hoax. The thread then evolved into a discussion as to the motivations behind those creating the hoax.

New Analysis Video of the STS-75 Tether Incident
2,569 replies

check out this new video that LunaCognita has made about the tether incident. this new analysis shows the objects are clearly changing direction. is there an invisible force present causing debri particles to act like this or are they controlled objects ?

I have built a series of flightpath tracking animations that were constructed from "stable sequences" of the original raw STS75 tether footage. For the purposes of this presentation, the term "stable sequence" refers to a segment of footage in which the camera platform remains perfectly stable - with no movement, shaking, or zoom interference that would serve to compromise the accuracy of the object flightpath tracks.

Independent Investigation Into Pentagon Attack Yields Alarming Information
2,733 replies

"To put it as concisely as possible, the plane had to have flown on a very specific flight path in the final seconds before it reached the Pentagon in order to have caused the observed damage, starting with the light poles that were photographed on the ground and ending with the directional damage to the building itself which was outlined in detail by the American Society of Civil Engineers," explains Ranke. "The government claims the plane flew on this flight path and hit the building. The eyewitnesses in all of the most critical vantage points, on the other hand, independently, unanimously, and unequivocally report a drastically different flight path, proving that the plane absolutely could not have hit the light poles or the building. It is a non-controversial scientific fact that a strike from this trajectory would have caused a very different damage path."

Live Cam From Gaza
2,772 replies

Livecam from Gaza. Right now atmosphere is haunting.

What's going on at yellowstone?
9,502 replies

This afternoon and evening there has been 14 quakes at the park. While this may somewhat normal, I dont understand as to why all of these quakes are centered in Yellowstone Lake. Alot of red squares from USGS. Any seismic activity there raises red flags, but this seems to weird.

(While this thread technically was authored in late 2008, more than 99% of the posts in this 476-page monster thread occurred in 2009.)

While these aren't necessarily the top-ten most-replied threads started in 2009, they represent the top threads that deal with conspiracy theory subject matter. For a more in-depth look at the topics of the past year, visit: The Past Twelve Months on ATS.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I think those are some very important topics, so I am glad they got the attention they deserved. I had a part in all of those save 2. I look forward to all the stories, and awesome threads that will be authored in 2010. WHOOOOOOOO, Go ATS!!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Astounding statistics in the OP. Fairly new to ATS myself, I had no idea ATS generated that kind of readership.

Congratulations to all for such a successful website. Despite all the complaining at times, it becomes clear that much more is being done right, than wrong.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Wow, what a crazy year we've had. Looking at these amazing threads makes up for all the complaining that was happening in December, when it seemed as if ATS was having her period.

top topics

join