It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New marketing weapon causing frustration amongst ATS members

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I couldn't find a Rant section but I just gotta say ATS, these new ads that enlarge and force you to close them every couple seconds are ANNOYING!! I promise you I've been on ATS a lot less lately simply because of those ads.

Of course move this or delete it or whatever you do.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Relax, the ads are not all bad, without them you'd probably have to pay to use this site, besides it only takes the flick of a wrist and a click on the mouse to make the "marketing weapon" go away

A weapon is a tool used to apply force for the purpose of causing harm or damage. Weapons are used in hunting, attack, self-defense, or defense in combat.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

I'm not saying or implying there should be no ads, I just personally find the forced interaction ones I need to click every 4-5 seconds very annoying and disruptive.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Sorry, but, get over it, it's a window you need to click an X on, big deal

lines

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I use Google Chrome browser & Avast....no pop-ups or clicking on anything whatsoever!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Firefox with APB

no probs here :-p

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

I don't find it "Right honorable" to misinterpret what someone says and then to totally discount his feelings...

I was annoyed; what's your point, to try and make it worse? Ultimately you're right, it's NOT a big deal and I wasn't making it such. My point was to communicate how I feel to the people who purchase annoying ads.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Thanks Signals and KyoZero. I've never had any problem with pop-ups except on ATS this last month. Maybe I'll check out what you said. =)

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

I don't see how I misinterpreted what you said

I even offered a solution to your problem

it's a window you need to click an X on, big deal

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
Thanks Signals and KyoZero. I've never had any problem with pop-ups except on ATS this last month. Maybe I'll check out what you said. =)

sorry it is firefox and ABP...not APB

-Kyo

top topics

join