It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is still playing the blame game

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
In response to recent criticism from Dick Cheney, the White House just released an official statement on the matter.

In this statement the communications director is accusing Cheney of pointing fingers and criticizing Obama's administration.

There has been a lot of discussion online and in the mainstream media about our response to various critics of the President, specifically former Vice President Cheney, who have been coming out of the woodwork since the incident on Christmas Day. I think we all agree that there should be honest debate about these issues, but it is telling that Vice President Cheney and others seem to be more focused on criticizing the Administration than condemning the attackers. Unfortunately too many are engaged in the typical Washington game of pointing fingers and making political hay, instead of working together to find solutions to make our country safer.

And yet we have these profound words coming from the White House. Yes, they are pointing the finger back at the Bush Administration after chastising Cheney for criticizing them. I guess Bush is responsible for this recent attack even though he kept this nation safe in the years following 9/11.

To put it simply: this President is not interested in bellicose rhetoric, he is focused on action. Seven years of bellicose rhetoric failed to reduce the threat from al Qaeda and succeeded in dividing this country. And it seems strangely off-key now, at a time when our country is under attack, for the architect of those policies to be attacking the President.

I suppose I will wait for more direct words from Obama himself. I am sure he will contradict Pfeiffer just like he contradicted Gibbs and Napolitano.

You OWN IT OBAMA. Time to grow a set and deal with it. Your worldwide enemies are out to make you look like a fool.

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You know that is OK to blame Bush. That's a given. But Obama is never to be blamed for anything.

To put it simply: this President is not interested in bellicose rhetoric, he is focused on action.

After he gets back from his Hawaiian vacation.

Originally posted by jibeho
You OWN IT OBAMA. Time to grow a set and deal with it. Your worldwide enemies are out to make you look like a fool.

He's doing a fine job of making himself look like a fool all by himself.

Good post, dude!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Great post!

Goes well with my post about Cheney doing the criticizing!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Glad to see the WH is worrying about whats being posted online, and rebutting Cheney, rather than finding sollutions, too.

You know that old saying, when you point the finger at someone else, you have 4 more pointing back at you!

Believe that Obama, you are on the worlds stage now, not Bush. It's you they are staring at, watching to see how you wish to defend this country.

Or.. not.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

You know, the White House responded quicker to Cheney's statements than they responded to the events on Christmas Day. Makes me wonder...

When will they learn to just suck up the criticism and move on with more important business. Kudos to Cheney for sticking it where it belongs. He must be laughing his tail off right now.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I know right! It makes one quite aware where the priorities lie.

Here, this might make ya feeel better

Barack Obama has received considerable criticism for waiting three days to address the attempted Christmas Day bombing of Northwest Flight 253. In the holiday spirit of giving, I would like to offer Obama ... the Top 10 excuses Obama can use for why it took him so long to speak up.

10. My teleprompter was on vacation last week.

9. Polishing a Nobel Prize takes longer than you think.

8. It was Bush's fault. (Hey, it worked last year.)

7. The waves here in Hawaii are bitchen, dude.

6. Janet Napolitano said the system worked great, even if I couldn't get email on my Blackberry for a while there.

5. This sort of thing just ain't supposed to happen on my watch.

4. It was Bush's fault.

3. Axelrod never told me I'd have to work holidays.

2. I was busy celebrating Festivus.

And the Number One excuse Obama can give for taking so long to respond to the attempted attack on Northwest Flight 253:

I was busy looking for my birth certificate.

December 30, 2009
Top Ten reasons it took Obama 3 days to respond to terror attempt
William Tate

www.resistnet.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This is nothing.........he'll blame President Bush everyday of his term for something. Hell, it'll be President Bush's fault when his sorry butt doesn't get re elected. Good point on the reaction time as well.....Hey B, someone tried to blow up an airliner B: not now, I'm on vacation. Hey B....Cheney just dissed you B: Get on that right now, damage control damnit.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You think the continued criticism of the last 8years of Bush-cheney politics is playing the "blame game"? Is this what that entire administration was to you? A game? I suppose that $6 trillion debt Bush dumped onto all of us is just a blame game to you right? I suppose the fact Bush and his corporate buddies who played us for fools into supporting is oil war in Iraq is just another blame game?? $600 billion down the tube for this oil war and its a blame game for you?? over 4000 troops gone after this oil war in Iraq and yet its just a game to you?

For all the criticism you put towards Obama over his spending and policies, you simply wish to have us brush criticism of the Bush years as some kind of a game?? You want me to take your issues with Obama seriously while brushing any criticism of the Bush years as some game? Must we be as partisan as you Jibeho?

Must I really believe you care about government spending and our soldiers when you wish to downplay any reminder of the Bush years as some blame game? Did you only recently take your head out of the sand the minute Obama got elected?

Yes Obama is president now and yes he should be criticized when needed. But to use this excuse of "here and now" to brush off the administration of "then" that led us to this mess sounds to me like nothing more than partisanship. If you really gave a damn about the issues you would have us believe you oppose Obama, you wouldnt be playing off the last administration as some game.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Basically I am tired of the blame game.

We are where we are and IMO, there is plenty of blame to go around.

What we need is action and if possible unity to figure out what we need to do to solve this problem once and for all.

The blame game just further distracts and ultimately leaves us more vulnerable.

Really doesn't matter who is President, incidents like these are going to continue unless we are willing to put all BS aside and find some real solutions.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

For the record, I got the the "blame game" directly from the White House Press release. "The Same Old Washington Blame Game" was the title of the release. The White House thinks this a game. I think it is just Bull Dung. Obama needs to move on and own whatever comes his way. Problem is that he can't tolerate criticism in any way. If the terrorists really want to get his goat they should just release a public "Slam Book" on Obama that is full of jabs and funny little drawings.

I by no means give Bush a free ride. My support for him waned in his later years in office. However, the premise of this press release was based on Cheney's criticisms and finger pointing and yet in the same release the White House comm. director proceeded to place blame and point fingers at Bush's administration in regards to its policies that apparently did nothing to stop Al qaeda according to Obama's admin.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

look sport, Bush sucked and Obama sucks. But when you start spouting all about how it's Bushes fault we are in a war for oil, and all that, we are still there. Your boy has been in office for a year now. At some point, you have to either fix it, or accept a little responsibility. When all the troops come home, and we no longer have war, we can all sing kom-by-ya and put flowers in our hair. Until then, I guess whomever is in office is the scapegoat.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Lets see how much in denial they are.
Lets see a Gallup poll.
Is there a "war on terrorism"?
Yes / No
---------------------------------------------
It's clear to me that AQ is at war with us.
Obama is in denial.
I guess he is waiting for a United Airlines jet to explode over
Washington D.C.!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I'd really enjoy this if it was the top ten list from David Letterman. I guess this wasn't from David Letterman? It sure seems like it could have been, that is, if he was truly a comedian and not obviously partisan.

I enjoy jokes. I enjoy satire. I even enjoy jokes at my own expense.

What I don't enjoy is those folks that love to point out the weaknesses of their foes, yet, when their friends show the same weaknesses, they suddenly have no jokes. That's just plain crap.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
You know that is OK to blame Bush. That's a given. But Obama is never to be blamed for anything.

what do you mean really? You are on ATS enough, everyday Obama is blamed here, consistently. Either you are not conscious or you are a big liar

Don't be a liar, you have enough ammo and do not have to resort to that

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
what do you mean really? You are on ATS enough, everyday Obama is blamed here, consistently.

Yeah, kinda like Bush was blamed for everything. The war, the economy, meteors striking the earth.

Yeah, I do have enough ammo. Sucks, huh?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

For the record, I got the the "blame game" directly from the White House Press release. "The Same Old Washington Blame Game" was the title of the release. The White House thinks this a game. I think it is just Bull Dung. Obama needs to move on and own whatever comes his way. Problem is that he can't tolerate criticism in any way.

Well I know I cannot tolerate a bunch of politically motivated fairytales, Obama seems to holding up fine.

You guys flood these boards with some truth, some ridiculous and much fantasy. Then consistently mix them all up as one - I still blame the neocon revolution for the war and the econo-mess mess, tell me, how is that unreasonable on my behalf? Conservatives
were the block who pushed this war and conservatives gutted Sarbanes, stood by until
we lost damn near half the market.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

what do you mean really? You are on ATS enough, everyday Obama is blamed here, consistently.

Yeah, kinda like Bush was blamed for everything. The war, the economy, meteors striking the earth.

Yeah, I do have enough ammo. Sucks, huh?

So Bush did not Start two wars, have his crew falsify intel, lie to the public to gain support. Or sit around HIDING like a rich little bitch while the dow dropped 400 a day
took a fine economy and turned it into the worst losses in history, have fun denying that. The books will read mighty poor on your boy and YOUR judgement

it appears we both have ammo

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Yea too bad that the state department is filled with mid-level appointees from the Clinton administration! All those lovely appointees are still in the game. Not too mention the state dept, which is run by Hilary. The problem is not the last administration, but all the left over appointees.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

So Bush did not Start two wars, have his crew falsify intel, lie to the public to gain support. Or sit around HIDING like a rich little bitch while the dow dropped 400 a day
took a fine economy and turned it into the worst losses in history, have fun denying that.

And Obama didn't bury us in debt (What is it up to now? And what do we have to show for it? ), hasn't done anything to draw either war to a close (except send more guys to A-stan), and hid like a rich bitch in the White House after having a terrorist murder 13 people at Fort Hood, and hid like a rich bitch in Hawaii after another terrorist attempted to blow up an airliner over Christmas. Push thru his plans for Obamacare (higher taxes) and Cap and Trade (higher taxes).

The books will read mighty poor on your boy and YOUR judgement

Well, I'm certain that Obama won't be reading too well, either.

By the way, Obama has been in office for less than a year and has those "achievements" to brag about.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Excellent points......like your signature as well.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

took a fine economy and turned it into the worst losses in history, have fun denying that.

And Obama didn't bury us in debt (What is it up to now? And what do we have to show for it? ), hasn't done anything to draw either war to a close (except send more guys to A-stan), and hid like a rich bitch in the White House after having a terrorist murder 13 people at Fort Hood, and hid like a rich bitch in Hawaii after another terrorist attempted to blow up an airliner over Christmas. Push thru his plans for Obamacare (higher taxes) and Cap and Trade (higher taxes).

The books will read mighty poor on your boy and YOUR judgement

Well, I'm certain that Obama won't be reading too well, either.

By the way, Obama has been in office for less than a year and has those "achievements" to brag about.

If you like what reactionary policies lead to, I guess you are disappointed.
I personally did not enjoy the rush to either war or the rush to expand US surveillance.
Or use the death of people to achieve NEO political objectives, or FEAR caused by these deaths. I actually appreciate that the Hussein Obama is not using terror to further his agenda, but thats just me. He should end both wars now and invest in more security here.

Mean while Big Dick Chenny is about the biggest hypocrite in the history of the world.
By protesting the war, we were undermining the troops, the government and the mission and now he is doing the same
a class act!

At least Bush is not a hypocrite, I give him that

We will see how history views this maybe - Bush hand Obama a fantastic economy
and Obama tanks it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join