It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrology: The Portal of Understanding

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
What is astrology?

According to Suzanne White, a renown astrological author:

"Astrology is neither witchcraft nor magic. No serious astrologer claims to be able to predict exactly what will happen to whom when. And no astrologer worth his salt believes that preparing and interpreting astrological charts is absolutely scientific either. Yet we all know and accept that our individual astrological charts can be basic to learning about what makes us tick."

She goes on to say that "our personal horoscope gives nowhere near the whole story."

"The complete person, our real inner self, our soul, spirit, nature, id, ego, or whatever we call it, is not so easily accessible."

I have long been interested in who I am, as everyone naturally is. People I have met have inquired of my personality, and I didn't know how or what to tell them. I knew my core values, but I couldn't put them to words; I knew what I wanted to do with my life, but I couldn't put it in a way that people would understand my rationale. I have done many things in my young life that I could not explain nor understand why, and I spent countless moments pondering silently to myself of the answers.

What were the answers exactly? To this day, I do not know for certain. Where can I find the answers? The very place I went to, and it wasn't on the worldwide web; no amount of the latest technology would suffice nor satiate my hunger for understanding. No, it was the most basic form of communication to the masses: a book.

One book helped me understand. One book knew how to explain why I did what I have done; furthermore, one book knew me better than I know myself. I am not going to announce the title of the book due to the possibility of infringing on the advertising rules of this site, but I will say that Suzanne White is one amazing individual.

According to Chinese Astrology, an intricate wheel of animals based on philosophy, the calendar, the cosmos and the rhythm of nature, I am a Goat. I originally thought of myself to be a Monkey, and to my disappointment upon researching this topic, I realized I was a Goat. I actually felt depressed when I learned of this. Why? I felt like I knew who I was by thinking I was a Monkey, but then I found out it wasn't actually true. Sure, there were some signs that should have signaled in my head that would have made me realize that it was not true, but I was so trapped in my yearning to understand myself, I didn't attention to one important detail, the Chinese New Year.

I am a Goat, more specifically and related to Western Astrology, I am a Capricorn - Goat. I am very intuitive on good days (which is true, I write a lot when I am having a good day), and I am melancholic when I am having a bad day, which is also true.

I am a dreamer. I find comfort in living a fantasy life, to escape my troubles within reality; however, if you stop me from dreaming, I will snap at you, which I find funny because I am also very passive, but it is all true. To the last detail I read my personality and my life thus far, and with such ease.

I truly wish I could share everything with you fellow astrology enthusiasts, but I don't want to ramble. Thank you for your time.

Also, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this topic, please feel free to post and I, and hopefully others, will reply as soon as possible. Maybe there is another Goat out there that will read this, I sure hope so. I would like to share a few things with him or her.

Note: This topic is not for religion or anything of that sort; nor is it meant to infringe on any one belief or faith. If you are a religious individual, you may post here with your views, I welcome them; however, if you just want to bash on this idea or the ideas of others within this thread, please disregard this topic and go somewhere else.

That would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Just briefly, I have never really subscribed to the astrology that most of us know from our daily newspapers and such. It has become something of a tabloid avenue to small change over the years.

But in the larger sense, astrology has survived in spite of both those main stream religions that condemn it and science, which disavows it.

Example: I liked the '57 Ford Edsel... but despite that, it never sold because even though it was different, it didn't have anything that stayed.

Astrology has stayed in spite of everything against it.

Call it what you like but... the purer form of this pseudoscience has survived and the National Enquirer makes money from it too.

Who knows?

- Redoubt, Pisces '57

EDIT: Typos

[edit on 30-12-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I agree, it has become more commercial, but what hasn't these days? Everywhere you look someone is trying to sell you something, especially in a megamall nation like the United States.

I don't believe the daily horoscopes, but rather the deeper aspects of Chinese Astrology, the ancient aspects of the "pseudoscience." It really helps me understand who I am, and with that comes a form of self-peace that we all search for, yet few of us ever find.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Something that many dont realize is that the position of the Earth to the stars changes, due to our wobble. So over time, the time for the signs, changes. Many people are not the sign they think they are.

Some might want to try this...just for fun...just enter your birth day and check it out.

www.truestarsign.com...

All my life I thought I was Virgo, which fit me well. I found out a few years ago the sun really rose in Leo on my birthday...the impact of this discovery has influenced alot of events in my life.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Wow, that is ground shattering in my mind...
It really makes me rethink everything, again.

Ha, ignorance is bliss in this case. Well, for me at least. Now I will be thinking about this for another few days.

Gee thanks!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

*laughs*

It had me going in circles for a couple years.

The history of astrology and the circle in the sky is long. Going on memory here...Old Babylon was the first to use the circle in the sky divided into 12 equal parts. Another culture later added the animals. The problem today is that the wobble of the Earth changes over time and there is also another sign that the sun rises in, making a total of 13 signs for the rising of the sun.

This change not only changes our birth signs now and then but also is the reason our 'ages' of time changes. For example, we are in the age of Pieces....and await the age of Aquarius. The equal divide of 12 parts does not work well with the change of ages either, for each sign is not equally the same measure. An example of this is Scorpio, a sign that the sun only spends about 8 days in...while other signs it can spend almost a entire month span in.

Jump another couple thousand years, the signs will be different again. A person born of a certain sign now....and a person born in that same month and day a few thousand years from now...will not have the same sign.

I think where astrology went wrong is trying to make a fixed circle for the sky....instead of keeping observance to the changes they tried to fix it like we do our calendars...and its not working out.

A tropical zodiac is what the circle would of shown a couple thousand years ago. The Sidereal zodiac is a little more accurate....but not as precise as a true solar zodiac. Its about impossible to find a true solar zodiac because it is always changing.

Astronomy, the science of the stars, is the best way to study such tings, imo. Sites like 'heavenabove' are good for this and programs like 'Stellarium' are awesome...I use Stellarium myself to find the true position of the stars and our sun. You can look into the past and future with Stellarium. I highly recommend you downloading this, its free and lots of fun to play with!!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm an Ox in chinese astrology, pretty spot on if i'm honest!

The best astrology chart I ever read on myself was a vedic astrology birth chart, was spookily accurate, as in some minor details anyway.

I do believe in astrology but only when you have a personal one done, the daily horroscopes are just pointless imo, page filler and nothing more.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by valiant]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
www.truestarsign.com...

Noooooo, please this thing says i'm a vrgo, I never get along with a virgo they are sly/two faced (in my personal experiences, I do not wish to offend)
I like being libra, it fits me perfectly!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji
I am a dreamer. I find comfort in living a fantasy life, to escape my troubles within reality; however, if you stop me from dreaming, I will snap at you, which I find funny because I am also very passive, but it is all true. To the last detail I read my personality and my life thus far, and with such ease.

This is exactly what i'm like, could of written that myself!

very good

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by valiant

Noooooo, please this thing says i'm a vrgo, I never get along with a virgo they are sly/two faced (in my personal experiences, I do not wish to offend)

Did you feel it when you tried that site out? I felt a complete dullness, like I was dumbfounded or something. I felt like I was going down the wrong path again.

Now I have some thinking to do. I have to attempt to either think away many years of believing I was a Capricorn instead of a Sagittarius, or try to think of the site as false. Either way, something is going to lose out, or I will lose my mind.

Thanks a bunch Virgo!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I will explain very shortly what Astrology really is:

Astrology is the art of determing what planets where in which positions during the exact time and location of a persons birth on Earth.

At birth, a person is immediately charged with the energies, or should I call it the "consciousnes" , of these planets.

Every planet is represented with an archetyptical energy, and this goes for the zodiacs as well which also plays an role.

Thus, knowing what energies entered the person at his birth, one can determine very specific information about that person, such as his personality, most likely outcome of his life and what he should be working on with himself to get the best out of his life, and so on.

This is called a Horoscope, which basically is the "reading", or information, gained from observing what energies entered that person at his birth and thus created a "blueprint" of his life, due to these very energies and how they affect us.

The key and purpose behind Astrology, and the Horoscope, is to work with oneself to balance and harmonize such inner energies that are represented by these heavenly bodies and the zodiacs, and as a final note the Tarot is also connected to Astrology with each of the Major Arcana cards representing a planetary body or zodiac. Thus, Astrology and Tarot goes hand in hand and can be used together for maximum beneficial information retrival.

-Maggador

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji

Did you feel it when you tried that site out? I felt a complete dullness, like I was dumbfounded or something. I felt like I was going down the wrong path again.

Now I have some thinking to do. I have to attempt to either think away many years of believing I was a Capricorn instead of a Sagittarius, or try to think of the site as false. Either way, something is going to lose out, or I will lose my mind.

Thanks a bunch Virgo!

Yes
I don't want to believe it if i'm honest, I wish I had'nt clicked on the site!

I have nothing in common with a virgo

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It is true, that where the sun used to rise during certain signs is not the same today. The wobble of the Earth changes the position we see the sun within the signs, 1 degree every 72 years.

Some astrologist dont mind the fact that the sun does not rise according to the tropical zodiac anymore...well actually most do not acknowledge it.

Since astronomy has to keep actual placements of the cosmos, it is the only way to check what I am saying. Stellarium is an astronomy program that shows the sun rising and setting, shows all the stars and planets and moon and their positions. You can look up your birth day on there and not only see exactly where the sun rose on your birth, but also see the moon and planets positions.

The zodiac can be read by the person better then another person (imo). Only the person knows what they resonate with and not. Instead of looking through horoscopes for meaning...try looking up the names of the stars within your constellation. See if there is a theme that resonates with you in the names of those stars. See if there is a feeling in you when you notice where the moon was or where the planets were when you were born.

Some men might think that Virgo doesnt fit them sense the immediate relation of a 'woman' or 'birth'....but it also represents a seed holder/barer, an ancient soul, and other things as well. The most mysterious sign is the Ophiuchus because there is not any know 'description' for them and their type. I know many Ophiuchus and imo, they are all very very similar types of people.

I think the 2 signs outside of a persons sign also is a part of them. For if that person was born 2000 years earlier or later...then the outside signs would of been their birth sign. Some people think we choose our birth time, as a reminder to ourselves of who we really are when we are ready to seek within.

Me finding out I was a Leo pulled the rug out from under me literally, very strange things happened. It was like it was the start of a time line change for me, I have written about it often.

Edit to add....

Dont ONLY look up the names of the stars...then look up the origin of that word, what language is it from, what is the meaning of that word in its original language.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by LeoVirgo]

Edit to add more notes...

One also might find that it was not really the sign itself they resonate with but yet a position of a planet or the moon that energizes them on that exact day. An example of this would be a conjunction of lets say 2 planets....or a specific moon phase within a certain season. Dont only look at the sign, look at the time of year, the path that the sun is in within that time of year, is there a solstice or equinox near ones birth, was there a comet within the year of ones birth, ect....

sorry I keep adding, I just enjoy this topic and wish others would discuss it more

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IX-777

You got most of that right, I am not biased due to your last thread (by the way check out that last post o your thread).

You forgot to include the geometry of the birth on our planet. Even at that Astrology can not predict anything accurate to an extent where you know what you will be doing on your 40th Birthday. Also, the seed of the Father and the cup of the Mother plays another role in ones "blueprint" (as you put it).

Divination (Taro) does coincide with Astrology, but there are many many laws including the seven chains that make up ones "blueprint".

Another thing is that fact that the world is a random place, where random events happen. You could be told by a person claiming to be enlightened in the arts of divination or astrology, that you will live a long and healthy life. Yet the next day while traveling to work on foot, a bus knocks you down and only those who deal with Thoth can warn you of this bus, even then they are not entirely accurate.

I enjoyed your post, I said you were intelligent, but "that other thing"...needs sorted out.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I for one welcome more of your ramblings, you seem to know what you're talking about

Ok i've been looking at virgo portraits with a different set of eye's since the revelation
and yes, there seems to be quite a bit of what i'm like that libra used to miss out, very interesting!

so what do I do now? call myself a virgo? how do I ever get a chart done if nobody takes this thing into account?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I for one welcome more of your ramblings, you seem to know what you're talking about

Ok i've been looking at virgo portraits with a different set of eye's since the revelation
and yes, there seems to be quite a bit of what i'm like that libra used to miss out, very interesting!

so what do I do now? call myself a virgo? how do I ever get a chart done if nobody takes this thing into account?

Well I can only tell you what I did...I was in those shoes myself. I studied alot. I often wondered if it was all meant to happen like this, to where a person would assume one thing but only find out the deeper part if the really looked closer. To me it was like I was part of my tropical sign and my real solar sign...hence my name....'LeoVirgo'.

Also, pay attention to the sign opposite of you and see if any planets are there or the moon. As I said earlier...Stellarium is the best way to do this. It is a free down loadable program that will show you everything.

What if a horoscope is not so much something another should read for you....but more of a discovery, of yourself, by yourself. As you learn about the positions when you were born....you are gaining insights about who you are that only you could know about. Only the person themselves could know if Jupiter being being in a certain sign resonates with them or if being born under a dark moon resonates with them or if being born in the winter season resonates with them. Its so much more then the signs, imo.

It was the marker for me that allowed my mind to be more open. When I discovered this about myself, I happened to look for Leo in the sky and noticed that Saturn was getting ready to conjunct the heart of Leo (Regulus) and this resonated deeeeeply with me for what ever reason. It just made sense to me that this was happening when I discovered I was a Leo. Even though a part of me was bucking against me being Leo...the cosmos seemed to be saying to me....yes, and its OK... it was like a part of me knew this was happening, in a unconscious way...I cant describe it really. I kinda looked at Saturn being my awakener (not a real word, but anyways..). I noticed the entire time Saturn was in my sign, my world seemed to be a dream with many experiences that reality couldnt explain to me.

Im sure its one of those things that is very personal to the individual, the reasons for being born on a certain day are connected to each of us in different ways for different reasons. Our own little 'cosmic print' if you will.

If you get a chance to download Stellarium and look at the positions of the cosmos when you were born, I would love to hear feelings then on what you think about all of this. There are moon charts online, kinda hard to find, but it can be done...that will show you the phase of the moon on your birth day. Stellarium doesnt really show it but you can tell if you have an idea of what the moon would be in its position relating to the sun.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Thanks, I actually have stellarium in my download folder, I got it a few month ago then uninstalled it, i'm just putting it back on now.

I don't want to sound thick, is this as easy as it sounds? whenever I see people doing horoscopes they have a whole bunch of papers with them and I feel like i'm not gonna know what i'm looking for?

Sorry if I sound a little slow, new waters and all that

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wow, big bright full moon and it is gorgeous, this is weird considering certain dreams I have had about the moon, i've written them down on this site before, it's gorgeous!

27-9-1985 0015

check it out if you like

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Thanks, I actually have stellarium in my download folder, I got it a few month ago then uninstalled it, i'm just putting it back on now.

I don't want to sound thick, is this as easy as it sounds? whenever I see people doing horoscopes they have a whole bunch of papers with them and I feel like i'm not gonna know what i'm looking for?

Sorry if I sound a little slow, new waters and all that

TPTB have kept a secret for so long, there is a possible missing sign of the Zodiac. I have Stellarium too, great software.

Those papers you see them with are mainly there to make them look smarter than what they actually are.

It is hard for one to know when so many celestial bodies have been kept secret. For example, the ancient reference to Vulcan and its present asteroids. It is closer to the Sun than Mercury/Hermes.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

Well it is a matter of interpretation. Which is why I think it is best for the person themselves to discover what was going on at the time of their birth without any biased thoughts of what this means and that means.

I did use general old theories for what some of the planets stood for...I looked up what the ancients thought of each planet until I found a certain cultures view of the planet that resonated with me. For example, the idea of Saturn being the God of of seeds and harvest was something I ran across one time and that felt right with me. When I was studying something called the Law of One I learned some things about Saturn that also resonated with me, these were personal reasons that I discovered that helped me relate to why I felt so strongly twards Saturn when it was in my sign.

The observing on Stellarium is easy...but the study of alot of other things may come into play for you. You might find you feel the need to seek things like the goddess that were related to that sign or the meaning of that sign in many beliefs. For me, I was deeply drawn to the idea that Leo is the Lion mentioned in some beliefs and I also discovered the idea that the Sphinx possible represents the building of the Sphinx in the time of Leo...and possibly that Leo could be the 'start' of the clock for the great age we are about half way through. I cant begin to tell you the things my mind felt deep urges to study and follow to learn about my stars. It was a 2 yr journey....for me.

Your situation interests me personally as well, for the Saturn that gave me so many strange happenings is now in Virgo...and you have just learned, just as I did, that you are not what you think you are, while Saturn has entered your sign. I would even be more interested to know over the next year or more while Saturn was in your sign if you seemed to of had strange happenings or catalysts during that time. I can share more and am willing to share thoughts on things if one asks...but I always will tell another....only take what resonates with you.

I can give a general read from Stellarium for another...but it is their journey to discover what those energies mean to them personally.

I am not surprised that a person here with Saturn in Virgo is just now discovering all of this....because I can relate to that. If someone came on here and said...well I have Jupiter in my sign right now, and what could that mean....I dont know really, for I havent yet had the change to observe the energies for myself knowing Jupiter was in my sign.

I think we would see many cool things come of this thread if others joined in and shared what they find out. Some people are a true sign, my mother is Taurus on the tropical and solar zodiac. She is Taurus through and through.

If you have trouble finding a planet on Stellarium, it might be out of view....you can go to the search tool and type in what ever planet you want to find or even the moon and it will then point out to you where that planet is also. You might find the sun was at a certain position in Virgo that fits with you. Looking forward to what you think about all this after you sift it out more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join