It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO falling off of the main land ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
this is the sec big earthquake swarm this year maybe more if i failed to keep track.

here is the recent list of quakes .

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
eh..i believe it would take far more than a wave of small earthquakes to have significant impact on Calif. But 2012 could bring surprises as the solar activity is actually catching up from the minimum of the last 2 years. Why i say this - because the earthquake activity can and is influenced by the solar activity .

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yes I believe it is going away from the mainland.

However this process is extremely slow, no more than a few inches a year. Even with the swarms of seismic activity I would guesstimate that this speed of separation is only barely faster.

It may have increased from 3 inches a year to 4inches.

Point being that this is a extremely slow process, however of course events of great calamity can greatly speed up this process.

Not only is Baja separating but so is parts of California itself.

A good place to study this phenomena I believe is Iceland, and there is tons of info on the net about it.

Good topic though. Would like to read other people's replies on it.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
this is the sec big earthquake swarm this year maybe more if i failed to keep track.

here is the recent list of quakes .

earthquake.usgs.gov...

I believe that is what is happening. Well, not "falling off"; rather, it is a rift zone. The same thing is happening in Africa. Check out this thread to see what the Baja rift may have looked like millions of years ago, before water filled in the void. Cool stuff!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
eh..i believe it would take far more than a wave of small earthquakes to have significant impact on Calif.

Well, small swarms of seismic activity over a period of thousands of years creates vast changes in the landscape.

Over the period of a decade you may not notice any obvious differences.

And over a million years or more, it is completely unrecognizable. Granted that activity takes place on a regular basis or a cataclysm occurred at some point. With no activity at all, there would be little to no differentiation.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Wow you were right! Breaking news coming in right now with a live picture of the aftermath!

Live feed

[edit on 30-12-2009 by whoshotJR]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
Wow you were right! Breaking news coming in right now with a live picture of the aftermath!

Live feed

[edit on 30-12-2009 by whoshotJR]

thank you.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I just believed that the OP expects significant changes in a small period of time, but i agree change do happen all the time. Unfortunately I will not be around to see it haha

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
my opinion, as a new member and ATS follower, is that with this full blue moon, and Earth at perihelion to our Sun, there may be extra ordinary gravitational tugging on tectonic plates! in fact, put me down as predicting a very large Earthquake somewhere on the planet over then next week or so...
thoughts anyone?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You all do realize that there is a volcano right there in the Baja active seismic zone.

Look around on Google Earth and you will see it.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Sun-Moon Alignment Trigger Tremors
www.laboratoryequipment.com...

www.spaceweather.com...

"It's the second full Moon in a calendar month."
science.nasa.gov...

new topics

top topics

join