It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul suggests 'agenda' to expand terror war, attack American liberty

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Ron Paul suggests 'agenda' to expand terror war, attack American liberty

rawstory.com

"I am concerned what they are going to do to the American people," he said. And by "they," he meant U.S. leaders.

"They’ll add some more security on to us," Paul explained. "First they make us take off our shoes and then our belts and then small bottles of water and put our computers in a tray and on and on so something else is going to happen, they won’t let us get out of our seats or look at our bags, thinking that’s going to make us a lot safer."

"The bigger the problem and the more the fear is built up, the more they take away our personal liberties and turn us all into zombies and the American people go along with it and say, ' as long as it makes us safer I guess it's okay to go along'
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-12-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Sheesh.

Dr. Paul would fit right in here with us at ATS. The man actually comes right out and exposes the disgusting conspirational and treasonous activities that these nefarious 'elitists' are up to!

He is flat out telling the populace to WAKE UP to the programming and brainwashing that these groups are implementing against us to keep us in constant fear and "going along with the program."

Dr. Paul has to be considered the most dangerous man currently standing in our gov to the illuminati's scemes and plans. haha

Keep up the great work in the awakening Dr. Paul, we're behind you!!!

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Good stuff here is a video attached to the statement

Ron Paul on Terrorism

[edit on 30-12-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
flagged of course as it was my duty to do so!

The above video is the one he made right before the video above my post.
He also references this video in that video!

Thanks DD, how come your not around so often anymore?

peace

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Another excellent comment by Ron Paul, Man to bad we slept on this guy in 08, he could be the President.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Although I generally agree with him on almost everything I don't really agree here.

Flying is not a right so if people don't like security measures they can just not fly. They have so many other ways they are taking away our freedoms I don't really count this as a way to turn us into zombies.

Will this make us any safer on airlines? Probably not but maybe. I'm all for the scanners that you walk passed and they can see through your clothing. I wouldn't mind shocking some of the security anyway

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Another excellent comment by Ron Paul, Man to bad we slept on this guy in 08, he could be the President.

Too bad the GOP will never let RP get past their primaries. Ever. The GOP and the Dems are two sides of the same coin, and RP does not fit into their plans. If he goes independent he'll end like Nader, just another "kook" sitting on the sidelines.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don't know that he's really making this into a conspiracy. I don't see people as purposely trying to take away our freedoms because of stuff like this, I think it's just poor leadership. Whoever makes decisions to beef up security is just doing so to make themselves look like they are doing something different or the public would get pissed. Could you imagine if they were just like..."well, we don't know how this dude got on the plane, but we're just gonna do things the same way we always have and not take any extra precautions..." the media would have a field day with that....

It's not so conspiratorial, it's just an idiotic knee jerk reaction...nothing more.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Agree. Wake up from your slumber Americans.
Even conspiracies aside, the lazy bureaucrat reponse to anything is ALWAYS CYA="more". More money, more regulation, more tyranny thrown in lieu of examining and fixing the problem.
Here's a new article re body scanners on order for O'Hare.
Excerpt:
"The scanners were planned well in advance of the unsuccessful Christmas Day bombing attempt on board a Detroit-bound plane."

www.nbcchicago.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
this guy should of been president...

he has been right all this time, yet he is still an unknown to most people.

this man, is the man. ron paul 2012!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I think it is INTENDED to get worse!

I do not believe Barack Obama has the necessary motivation to take ANY substantive actions. He wants the US to have more internal police power. The more threatened and victimized we become, the greater his ability to impose more domestic control.

What better way to impose the ultimate "nanny state" than to assert, "This is for your own good," and back it up with proof of the threats and danger that only Washington can address?

"Swine flu," "global warming." "housing crisis," and "economic collapse," haven't worked so far.

Take it one step farther. Our health, environment, finances and homes weren't enough.

Now, people must die.

Recall that he, Clinton, Emmanuel and others in the administration chant the same mantra:

Rahm Emmanuel: “You never want a serious crisis to go to waste.”
Hillary Clinton: “Never waste a good crisis.”
Obama: “Time of crisis can be 'great opportunity'”
Obama Social Agenda Moving Forward by Crisis

Cheney" Obama Wants Massive Expansion of Federal Government

(Saw this coming back in March)

I really believe that Obama has absolutely NO motivation to take any concrete FOREIGN action in these regards. The worse things get, the better for his agenda.

His administration needs help. He needs this.

jw

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

It's funny because many obama bashers will go 1 of 2 ways. They say he won't act because he is a wuss or that he is a war monger worse then bush and plans on overtaking the world with more wars.

Isn't it nuts how far perceptions can be of the same person? I'm not saying you are in either of these camps but it made me think of it.

I would agree that things will probably get worse and the US will spin it because they need a good real war right now.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This guy is a complete idiot ..

He doesn't want freaking airport security ??

For god sake .. if you don't have security check ups people may/and WILL --

Smuggle drugs
Bring Guns/and weapons to the plane..
And the million other stuff criminals can do WITHOUT airport security ..

I can't believe this guy is appealing to you ..

WITHOUT SECURITY criminals WILL TAKE Advantage ..

Ron Paul .. the biggest Idiot in dc

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Polynomial C]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The really scary thing is that so many people have already been conditioned towards living in this fearful state and giving up there precious liberties that even if someone like Ron Paul got into the White House I fear the majority of the American people will still demands these draconian measures.

The Powers that Be sure have done a great job at brainwashing the masses. America will have to go to one of those cult rehabilitation centers to rid itself of all these unpatriotic and liberty robbing dogmas I fear.

Thankfully there are still some politicians that speak the truth. It’s so sad that the few that do seem like nuts in comparison to all the dishonest ones.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

So do you think we should have no security measures in place for planes then? Maybe we don't need police also? We could start really young and just let our kids do w/e they please also.

I also didn't realize that being able to ride a plane was a civil liberty.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ron Paul is using people's FEAR and PARANOIA of BIG BROTHER to achieve his own dirty agenda ..

and all of you sheep are falling for it ..

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

#1 Your lying what he fights for is truth and freedom which can be seen with your own eyes.

#2 If we are taking notice of this we are not sheep.

#3 Your a dis-info tard

Cry and say what else you like its the truth and you cannot defeat it.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
Although I generally agree with him on almost everything I don't really agree here.

Flying is not a right so if people don't like security measures they can just not fly. They have so many other ways they are taking away our freedoms I don't really count this as a way to turn us into zombies.

Will this make us any safer on airlines? Probably not but maybe. I'm all for the scanners that you walk passed and they can see through your clothing. I wouldn't mind shocking some of the security anyway

You're forgetting one thing -- it only starts at the airport. What happens when they blow up a building in LA or NYC by simply walking into it with a bomb attached? What happens when they blow up a cruise ship or sneak in through our ports? What about the subway?

The problem with the start of taking away our rights, is it only gets worse from here. So, OK....flying is a privelege. Is taking the subway to work? Is riding on the bus?

How long do you really think it's going to be before something else blows up? People in the US are getting a little wacky due to the stresses and pressures of the recession. From there, it doesn't take a lot to gather momentum of the crazy kind.

If someone wants to murder someone else, and is willing to kill themselves in the process, there is really very little you can do to prevent it altogether. Delay it? Yes. Expose it? Yes. Prevent it forever? Unlikely.

How many of our freedoms are we going to give away before realizing that there is no way to make the United States 100% safe? Then what -- you think we'll just get them back????

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Ron Paul is one of the few that one could consider a good guy…and he should run for President.

What shocks me is how many on this site and others like it…conspiracy sites…have fallen for this, hook line and sinker. They believe that even with supposedly heightened security since 9/11...excuse me while I laugh hysterically….that one lone, simple, mentally challenged Nigerian, with or without a passport (allegedly), whose father had told the authorities about him (allegedly), who was on a extremist list (allegedly)…managed to get onto a plane with no luggage(allegedly), paying for his ticket by cash etc, (allegedly). It is so laughable that one wonders who makes this stuff up. The disgusting hatred that I have seen of Moslems since this ‘event’ is shocking. Wake the hell up, people.

Rather than attacking Yemen and placing intrusive and possibly unconstitutional full body scanners to take shots of people’s genitals…the first thing that would or should be done if this were for real, if it wasn’t conveniently filmed, and if there wasn’t an apparent ‘handler’ around, would be to fire every single person who allowed this kid through the airport and onto a plane. There should be dozens of sackings…anyone heard anything about that? Of course not…they all played their parts admirably and will probably be promoted before the year end…lol

And to those who are squealing about how it is not a ‘right’ to fly…what sort of drugs are you on? Flying is not a damn privilege. The airlines are a business who provide a service to paying customers, without whom (and therein lies a clue to how to tackle infringement of liberties) they would go bust. If the paying customers do not like the way they are acting they can and should vote with their feet.

Whichever airline allowed this charade to take place on its flight should now be boycotted (if there was any justice in this world) so that they go out of business, as they have clearly shown that they are incapable of securing their flights with the most BASIC of security checks…an incident easily averted by maybe simply checking lists…lol…if any of this were remotely real of course. Mind you none of the 9/11 supposed hijackers seem to have appeared on any passenger lists…things that make you go hmmm.

Every single flyer should refuse to go through one of these full body scanners…unless of course they get to see any one of the staff that they wish to see naked first. That could while away a few hours while waiting for a flight. All flyers should insist on decent security carried out by airport staff and not infringing their own liberties.
But all these fools…especially the gutless young it seems, will queue up and beg to be shackled, constrained and spied on, so brainwashed are they. It must be the food and the video games.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I like Ron Paul. Something about him that makes me actually want to listen to what he has to say, and its usually sound, logical conclusions.

If only he was twenty years younger, where is the next Ron Paul going to come from?

I just want to cuddle him until he stops breathing, momentarily.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join