It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Michio Kaku "We will make contact with Alien Life...get use to it!"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

One aspect of SETI that always bothered me was precisely what MK is talking about here. If you look at how a signal looks after it is compressed for transmission, the signal starts to look more like noise. When you look at how we broadcast signals today, (versus say, 40 years ago) we tend to prefer methods that spread frequencies over a wide spectrum because of robustness, difficulty in jamming the signal, and a whole lot of other advantages.

So, the ultimate signal just looks like noise to anybody but the one who knows how to decode it. This has strategic advantages as well, but even without the strategic advantage, it is just a better, more efficient signal.

Given that, we would only stand a chance of picking signals up from civilizations similar to ours for the period of time of perhaps a couple of hundred years or so (we are beginning to use more of these noiselike signals today, so you could imagine, without much of a stretch, that in another 100 years all of our transmissions will be more like our 3G internet signals than our analog TV signals from the last decade.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

Exactly. Going on record that he doesn't think people should know doesn't really impress me with his ability to think outside the box. This is not the 30's we are not our Grandparents. We can handle the truth.

I think there would still be a few groups that can't handle it, fundamentalist groups for example. Oh well, I guess it's not like groups like that will ever be able to handle any change.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by shasta9600
Something about this guy gives me the feeling that he's a disinfo agent. I get the sense that he's going to be used for a big role.

I don't know why you say that.... but the strangest thing is that I also feel a little like... why? why is he talking about all that on TV and why is he getting airtime? Lot's of other people with similar claims don't get to talk about that on TV uninterrupted by laughter.

Also, noteworthy is his association with Edward Teller. Guess who was also associated with him? Bob Lazar, who allegedly got into the job he had from Edward Teller....

These associations among people are kind of profound IMHO. How many degrees of separation between MK and John Lear? one? Two? I am not able to say if he is a disinfo agent or an info agent or what... but I can't help but feel like he may be part of an acclimation process one way or another, wittingly or unwittingly.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

Exactly. Going on record that he doesn't think people should know doesn't really impress me with his ability to think outside the box. This is not the 30's we are not our Grandparents. We can handle the truth.

I wasn't impressed that he'd say that either. In fact, I thought he'd be for telling the world. Then I got to thinking, and you know what? He's right.

We on ATS and the other truth outlets are among a very small fraction of people who can handle the truth. For everyone else: as long as the sky is blue, the sun is yellow and the sun rises and sets where and when it's supposed to, they don't care. If alien's came, they'd swear it was the end of the world and would be completely ignorant to the entire thing.

We are the minority and we need to not take sites like this for granted. We need to trust each other, learn from each other, and not try to deceive one another. We are awakened and they are not. To quote Morpheus from The Matrix: "You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

Oh, and to stay on topic...Dr. Kaku is my hero. I love his theories and respect them all. Thanks for posting this OP.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by digifanatic]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Dr. Michio Kaku rocks, I have all of his books and all the interviews he did with Art Bell over the years, one of the things that is so great about him is that he writes his books and speaks in layman's terms.

mkaku.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Haha, that poor lady interviewer. She looked like she was totally out of her depth talking to Michio.

They should give him his own talk-show, where they could have intelligent and down-to-earth people such as himself, discussing the possible future, and peoples expectations. I'd so watch that.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
dont miss this........

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
yes there is life out there but aliens visiting earth now? please! we're like ants to them why would they care?! there's never going to be any kind of "disclosure" regarding alien life contact because there will be none and there was never. besides there are other powerful nations which could want to slap the US in the face and disclose first. why couldn't Russia or china or India do it? because there's nothing to disclose. all "alien/ufo" tech is just secret military stuff and the military of these powerful nations is grateful they can hide behind that!

oh and by the way, comparing the solar system with the atom is junior high thinking. in reality electrons move around almost randomly (there is a wave formula to describe their movement). nothing to hint to a fractal or holographic universe.

but one can always dream and hope. science is constantly evolving after all!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
If aliens and such was truly visiting us and such, I believe this guy and a couple of his buddies would be the first place the U.S goverment would run too. Thats just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

Who is this referring to? Michio, or someones post?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alesanjin
reply to post by DarkSecret

Who is this referring to? Michio, or someones post?

partly to this next quote but generally to the whole topic. Michio pretty much agrees we're like ants to them so aliens won't even bother with us.

Originally posted by JunoJive

Originally posted by Wertdagf
If reality is a fractal... then type 0, 1, 2 and 3 civilisations could be within your very atoms. Its strange to think about your entire body as a massive coagulation of cosmic forces that in one scale is a person and on another....

"My god. Its full of stars."

In reality that's probably exactly it. Think of atomic movement compared to solar and even galactic movement, simply a ratio of the fundamental laws.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
this guy is amazing really

I just cannot agree about global warming ... because really there is too much controversy, too much money to be made on, too much REAL conspiracies on the issue, and now, we dont have the information to analyse it .. so, you just cannot talk about GW because we dont know !#@%$

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

Something about this guy gives me the feeling that he's a disinfo agent. I get the sense that he's going to be used for a big role.

I don't know why you say that.... but the strangest thing is that I also feel a little like... why? why is he talking about all that on TV and why is he getting airtime? Lot's of other people with similar claims don't get to talk about that on TV uninterrupted by laughter.

-rrr

I don't know, but he's been all over the mainstream news lately, and for me at least...these days......that's always a big red flag.

I can't put my finger on exactly what it is. Just a hunch and feeling.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
reply to post by shasta9600

Dude, he's not a "disinfo agent", lol. I don't know if you have noticed this or not yet, but this subject doesn't require disinfo agents to keep people from taking it seriously, lol.

Just because someone says something you don't agree with or don't understand doesn't mean they are a "disinfo agent". Come on.

I get the feeling he will be used as a disinfo agent. Whether has up untill this point or not. Like I said, it's just a hunch.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deny Arrogance
I don't think a scientist of his caliber and reputation would make such emphatic claims without any solid basis.

I hear "We made contact with alien life but I am not at liberty to disclose this yet...get ready for it!"

Great point...

However I really don't think Dr. Kaku or any other academics would have made contact with ET's. If the government were in contact with ET's, they wouldn't go to people like him who are smart and good-willed- they go to the people who will keep their mouths shut. Look at what Bob Lazar said about being hired to area 51. Whether or not you believe his story or not, the story itself gives a pretty realistic glimpse of how you would get hired to some black ops/secret government program.

He said their decision to hire him didn't rest at all in his scientific ability and credentials- but his willingness to keep quiet.

Think of the Nazi's/Communists and their treatment of academics and certain scientists in the 30's and 40's.

However, it is true that him saying that it's gonna happen carries a lot of weight. Out of all the scientists, futurists, philosophers ect. that I have read about and listened too, Michio Kaku probably has the best vision for what we are and what we can become. Anything that he says certainly is worthy of taking note; his theories and ideas are firmly grounded in scientific reasoning and decent skepticism.

That bit about the gamma ray burst he talks about does make me a little bit nervous though...

"We are litteraly looking down the barrel of a gun"

Yikes!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Starrad and flagod.

Aliens have better things to do than to make intercorse with us. Reptilionz are the ones that need to come on their ship, and enslave us all. I'd obey my alien overlords.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Haha.

ET Skeptics are morons, ET has been here for some time, he doesn't admit to that because he doesn't want it to be taken out of context, and him made to be a lunatic in Western Society.

Scientist smarter than ANYONE on ATS: 1

Skeptics: 0

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
He sure is awsome to listen to,,,,I luvvv the old classics when he was on art bell.

great post

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I am replying to others through you:

If he is a disinfo agent, it would mean he i s a hypocrite of the greatest level and gave a slap into the face of his own parents. Because your "beloved" goverment interned his parents and seized permanently their property because of president Roswell´s execution order on japanesse emigrant spies and their detention into concentration camps "on US soil" after the declaration of war against Japan after Pearl Harbor.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Yep...exactly what I was thinking...he would fit the discription of a scientist that would be asked to research alien technology or at least to make any sense of it.

Further more, in one of the interviews he is talking about the 1% of unexplanable UFO sightings. And he talked about it in such a way that he would consider those are real. But if 1% is real it will open up a whole can of worms for those other 99%......something doesn't add up here. I am for 99% sure that Dr Kaku knows more than he is making public.

EDIT: Thanks for this thread..it is always interesting to hear what Dr Kaku has to say.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by zatara]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join