It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opposition Leader Mousavi leader flees Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Irans opposition leader Mousavi has fled Iran according to Sky news.

Links and article comming soon.

this to fill space
and this

updates soon

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Did you see them]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Did you see them
Irans opposition leader has fled Iran according to Sky news.

Musavi has fled - looks like the plane on stand by was him !!

Links and article comming soon.

this to fill space
and this

updates soon

on 30-12-2009 by Did you see them]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
watching, thank you. Have been following this from the earlier thread about the plane being on standby. i know little about the situation, so if anyone can fill in those who have been under a rock since the protests earlier this week, will be much obliged.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I wonder what mi5 will do now.

Well done to the real peoples of iran, that stood by there country if true.

The news media in usa and uk, want us to see the opposite.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cjcord

This is the opposition leader not the leader of iran.

If he really has gone, shows the iranian people do not want the anglo american coup.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is the first reliable verification I can find so far ..

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Looks like they got the plane all fuelled up and got everyone thinking they were about to flee and then said to Mousavi " go or the rest of your family get it" !

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This was probably not due to his not being wanted, but due to his nephew having been targetted and murdered by the regime. There were stories just last week the regime was going to arrest him and his family, and he has been in hiding.

The regime is so discombobulated by the protests, that, as the article in your links states, they arranged for pro-regime rallys today, giving state workers the day off and arranging buses to the rallys.

This is a direct attempt to downplay the government opposed rallys that are the ones overtaking the news. If this coup continues, and gains momentum, Khomeni and Achmadinejad will be the next ones out of town on a fast plane.

Add together the rallys and the claims from Iran that the US and Britain are causing the opposition. Achmadinejad is trying to CYA.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Most people do not want what you want, in iran. You see far more people in support of the iranian leaders than the ones protesting.

The west use the media so well to con people that people get into thinking that there was no support for the government. We do not know who won the election, and we just know that majority of iranians do not want the anglo american empire and there ideals there at this time.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I disagree, as I stated in another thread. i feel the lack of opposition supporters is directly related to the number of opposition supporters being threatened by the government. I am a bit stunned by Mousavi fleeing, but if his family is being systematically taken out, i understand his action.

I do not feel this has ANYTHING to do with US at all, but rather what we are seeing is a very real desire for radical change by the Iranian people. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one, not all is a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cjcord

I think most definitely is to do with the west. I agree that people in opposition like in all countries, that go against the ptb are in an awkard position. Thats life.

But ask yourself, if the majority want the status quo in iran, why should a minority dictate to the majority. Thats not democracy.

Though the western media like to project that iran wants this and that of anglo american ideals, do they really?

[edit on 12/30/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Quite simply, because I do NOT believe the majority want the staus quo. I believe they feel pressured to go along with the government or they will end up like Mousavi's nephew. I think the few hundred with balls enough to not be threatened are proving the point - there are VERY few compared to the majority. Human nature dictates that opposition is for the brave, and most humans aren't brave. And I am not basing my opinions on the media reports, i am basing them off those few hundred who circumvented a media blackout and MADE their desires known. Many of whom are now dead. All of this proves my stance.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
might be a pretty good idea what with the way things are quickly falling apart over there.... even the cops are trying anything to get out chaos

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cjcord

You do not know that other than the media really do you?

We are all entitled to our opinions, but i agree with the masses of iran to want teh status quo.

I say to the rest be careful what you wish for, look what happened to there neighbours, that asked for america to come in.

Iranian people for me choose the right way. But we know the anglo americans will not stop, and iranian government should know this.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjcord
Sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one, not all is a conspiracy.

I agree. So if hundreds of thousands are protesting in favour of their current government, the simplest explanation is that most people are in favour of their current government.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Of course I concede you could be correct. But what would that make the opposition? Crazy? A mass hallucination? They are wanting a non dictatorial government, many people would call that the "correct" one. And when dealing with a tyrannical, violent government, such as in Iran--- the MOST likely explanation is that those who oppose are threatened and hurt, thus, there are tons of "government supporters". You can make a blanket statement, but one needs to consider the circumstances.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The thing that gets me is that right or wrong over what ever is going on in Iran - but the leader of an opposition party of a counrty should not have to flee when he opposes the current government just because they don't like it.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Most people do not want what you want, in iran. You see far more people in support of the iranian leaders than the ones protesting.

I don't want anything in Iran, except for them to stop blaming the West for their political problems.

I see far more people terribly afraid if they dissent they will be murdered.
That much was stated and announced just today at the state run rally, followed by chants of "Death to America!" and "Death to Britain!"

I see people told to leave work to go to the rally, I see schoolchildren taken from schools and sent to the rally, and I see "free" transportation to outlying areas provided to bus people to the rally. Would you dare speak out and oppose? I doubt it.

The west use the media so well to con people that people get into thinking that there was no support for the government. We do not know who won the election, and we just know that majority of iranians do not want the anglo american empire and there ideals there at this time.

I see Iran using the media to con people that there *is* regime support. This whole rally was staged to try to prove that Achamdinejad is not afraid of the opposition, and that he has support. If the people were allowed to speak openly and truthfully, I have no doubts they would ask him (Achmadinejad) to leave. Right along with Khomeni.

I haven't seen any media from the West about the opposition. In fact, I have seen direct images from Iran itself, from people filming the protests. Seems an awful lot of people want something other than the current dictatorship, though.

"Wall to wall sound in Tehran's night as nobody sleeps and adds their voice to the shouts of "Allah Akbar and Marg bar Diktator (death to the dictator)". The custom was started in opposition of the late Shah back in 1979. The repeat performance bodes ill for the Mullah regime."

2009 Iranian Revolution - Victorious, high energy Night protest ! Dec 27
www.youtube.com...

"This army is against you Khamenei. "Death to You" - "this is the army against you"
The army against Khamenei,27decاین همه لشگر آمده بر ضده رهبر آمده
www.youtube.com...

That stuff may fly in Iran for the terrified and oppressed, but here, it is clear to see by these leaked videos you have nothing but state sponsored propoganda, which I won't buy. Oh, and no Western media there.

Have a blessed day.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Libertygal]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

AFP - The two senior leaders of Iran's political opposition, Mir Hossein Mousavi and Mehdi Karroubi, have fled Tehran, state news agency IRNA said on Wednesday, while a website said they were in custody for their own protection.

"Two of the chiefs of the sedition left Tehran for the north of Iran after learning that the population was increasingly angry and demanding their punishment," IRNA said.

www.france24.com...

I was surprised Iran didn't force him out or make him disappear a long time ago.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

You still have a viewpoint that seems very biased, if i may so. If you think the anglo americans where not behind the protests than we most of us think you are wrong.

We agree to disagree.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Libertygal pretty much summed up all that I feel and think in a much more coherent way. Again, I think we, as outsiders, need to consider the circumstances when making opinions on anything.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join