It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Developing: Suspicious Vehicle Shuts Down Times Square ~ All Clear/No Bomb

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
aw man, i was about to do some ATS freelance reporting on scene, guess there is nothing to see here folks.

carry on, and don't forget to remove any vans of yours before you leave.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
West coaster here -- I just woke up.

What time did this van get discovered?? Is the event resolved yet?

I pray that this situation is nothing sinister at all, but I have a gut feeling another false flag is around the corner... And next time it will probably be nuclear (to give us justification to nuke Iran, which is the only way we could win a war there). However, considering the fact that Wall street owns and controls Washington, I highly doubt that they would plan a nuclear false flag to blow up New York. The only reason they would do that is if every major corporation was so close to bankruptcy they needed a way out, to destroy all the evidence.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I don't see this as paranoia.

It's been there for two days and has a temp plate, tinted windows, in a place where one of the worlds biggest events is getting ready to take place. I'd want it checked out too.

Yeah, but don't you think that if it was being used for some nefarious deed, it'd be, oh, I don't know...less conspicuous?
White van, tinted windows with tarps and temp plates...?
Perhaps it's the jaded NY'er in me, but that just screams 'set up!'

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
They are going to open the doors to the vehicle... and loud techno music plays with two homeless men eating cabbage. Laser lights will shoot out the doors and strobe lights will be on full blast. What a seen that would be!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

My first thought was also that it was a little too obvious...that kind of vehicle would get attention first, I'm sure. But then...it sat there for two days, so maybe not. Something as attention grabbing as this would have me looking in every other direction for clues to something else actually. But that might just be my paranoia showing.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I'm not exactly sure how many of you have actually been to NYC, but after having spent the bulk of my teenage years there, I can honestly say, that people are abandoning cars all over the place there, all the time. Not to mention that in all seriousness, some people will find a parking space, take it, and just leave their cars there in the hopes of preventing obscene parking rates. I mean, honestly, do you have any idea how much it actually costs to park your car in NYC? It's ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

It's actually cheaper, in the long run, to pay parking fines than it is to pay for a parking facility.
(I know I should've included that fact in my last post, but I post as I think, which is quite non-linear.)

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I see what you mean. Is it normal for a van like this to be left for a few days tho, with no one paying any attention? Just sounds like a massive security issue right there....there is no way I'm assuming, that they could keep an eye on all of them, if this is the case.

I live near a small city. If someone parks in the wrong place for 5 minutes, phone calls are made....

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

your correct, parking in a lot is a lot more expensive, than the fines from leaving your cars on the street.

when i went to Chelsea peirs last year, parking was 40 bucks for 3 hours, not to mention tolls getting into NYC, and dealing with traffic.

parking on the street is 1$ an hour or something like that, and only a max of 3 hours.

its ridiculous bringing your car into NYC, unless your loaded, or know someone who knows someone with a parking spot on a side street away from meters.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Maybe this is a big distraction to get the entire police squad diverted...

Then the real set-up is taking place somewhere closer to Times Square.
Hmm....

I hope not, but maybe I'm looking at this like a movie plot.

Diversion Tactic #1:
Create a distraction in one area, gain all police attention, and then set the plan in another area, closer to the objective area.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
your correct, parking in a lot is a lot more expensive, than the fines from leaving your cars on the street.

a monthly lot runs anywhere for about $250 to $650, depending on the location, the type of garage (indoor/outdoor), vehicle size and usage (discounts for car "storage" with limited movement of said car).

Originally posted by ugie1028
when i went to Chelsea peirs last year, parking was 40 bucks for 3 hours, not to mention tolls getting into NYC, and dealing with traffic.

you park in a garage such as that, or, say, near the theater district or madison square garden and you will pay thru the nose for a few hours because that is prime garage space during the shows, concerts etc.

Originally posted by havok
Then the real set-up is taking place somewhere closer to Times Square.
Hmm....

can't get much closer to Times Square. This was, pretty much, in the middle of it.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Mabey its a distraction device from something else going on?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Nothing to see here people.
Everyone go home.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
The all clear has been given and people are now permitted back into the evacuated area. Probably someone just looking for some cheap parking. Sounds like something that George Costanza would do.

Hahaha, I had that exact same thought 1 post before reading yours.

Uncanny

top topics

<< 1   >>

join