It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAIG document outlining proposed non-ban gun ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It's a 50+ page PDF.

Larger PDF that is searchable and with text selection. It's 30 megs.

Havent read through the whole thing yet here at work but in the summary is enough to get me freaked out.

The coalition has identified 40 opportunities in six areas where the Administration could enhance enforcement of existing laws without Congressional action.

Most of these things seem to fall under the "it's already their job anyway" category which isnt much of a surprise. Why politicians continue to pass laws and regulations that just enforce the same things over and over rather than enforce the original regulation or law is beyond me.

Some are downright ridiculous like requiring "hidden" serial numbers or "tamper proof" serial numbers as if such a thing is even possible.

Others are just outright bans under different names such as banning "non-sporting" firearms and banning sales of multiple guns at a time.

Lots of Clinton-esque AWB crap in there too.

Edited to add better PDF.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
How aobut this gem - "Multiple purchases of long guns commonly used in crimes"

Gotta stop those damn Beretta shotgun toting crack dealers! There's one with a Holland and Holland!
Gotta love those big city mayors, anti 2nd amendment every one of them.
And did I mention douchebags?
S&F.

It also mentions banning importation of non-sporting guns since mexican drug gangs like to use them. Goodbye AK. farewell SKS.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Asktheanimals]

join