It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2000 Sea lions Disappear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
www.postchronicle.com...

2000 Sea Lions Disappear www.youtube.com...

Below is entirely pasted from the following link to the Pittsburg Post Gazette Nat'l Briefs ... www.post-gazette.com...

[Baffled by sea lions SAN FRANCISCO-- Last month, marine scientists counted more than 1,500 sea lions on fabled Pier 39, a record number that delighted tourists and baffled experts.

But now, almost all are gone, leaving the experts guessing where they went -- and why.

Yesterday, 10 sea lions lounged and dove from the docks where the animals were stacked three and four deep just a month ago. The bulk of the herd probably followed their favorite foods, sardines and anchovies, said Jeff Boehm, executive director of the Marine Mammal Center in Sausalito. Read more: www.post-gazette.com...] Pittsburg Gazette

So... Do we think they are following a food source? and in that case is anyone tracking them? I am sure we tagged and released some of them but why do you suppose they left so abruptly? Pending earthquake? Alien abduction? Polluted waters? Homophobia? Why do you think?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
That is so strange. I've been there a million times and there are so many of them.

I am on the Central Coast near Santa Cruz, I will check today to see if ours are still around. Could be that earthquake we've been anticipating for so long....

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
My first question would be have they disappeared before in the past? If so, was it before a major earthquake (like in 1989)?

Other than that, maybe they found someplace better to hang out.

Or maybe, just maybe, they have left the planet and were last heard saying, "So long, and thanks for all the fish...."

[edit on 30-12-2009 by harrytuttle]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well thanks for the info but someone should clue in the search engine for the site because I looked for sea lions disappearing in San Fransisco and then anything about sea lions san fransisco and nothing.

My sincerest apologies and permission to remove or move the post, of course.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Sometimes it gets confusing i know but instead of a large phrase for search just try the keyword SEALIONS thats the best way i have found

[edit on 30-12-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Thank you, I appreciate the heads up and I'll try that next time.

new topics

top topics

join