It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danish paper claims Obama greater than Jesus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The Danish newspaper Politiken. in an editorial yesterday, claim that Obama is "of course" greater than Jesus Christ.

politiken.dk...

The U.S. president - the practical saviour of our times

He is provocative in insisting on an outstretched hand, where others only see animosity.

His tangible results in the short time that he has been active – are few and far between. His greatest results have been created with words and speeches – words that remain in the consciousness of their audience and have long-term effects.

He comes from humble beginnings and defends the weak and vulnerable, because he can identify himself with their conditions.

And no we are not thinking of Jesus Christ, whose birthday has just been celebrated - - but rather the President of the United States Barack Hussein Obama.

For some time now, comparisons between the two have been a tool of cynical opinion that quickly became fatigued of the rapture that Obama instilled prior to and after the presidential election last year.

From the start, Obama’s critics have claimed that his supporters have idolised him as a saviour, thus attempting to dismantle the concrete hope that Obama has represented for most Americans.

The idea was naturally that the comparison between Jesus and Obama – which is something that the critics developed themselves – would be comical, blasphemous, or both.

If such a comparison were to be made, it would, of course, inevitably be to Obama’s advantage.

Today, his historic Health Reform is being passed through the American Senate – a welfare policy breakthrough that several of his predecessors have been unable to manage.

Despite all the compromises, it has finally been possible to ensure something so fundamental, as the right of every American not to be financially shipwrecked when their health fails them. Add to that the biggest ever financial support package in America’s history, a major disarmament agreement and the quickest-ever re-establishment of American reputation.

On the other hand, we have Jesus’ miracles that everyone still remembers, but which only benefitted a few. At the same time, we have the wonderful parables about his life and deeds that we know from the New Testament, but which have been interpreted so differently over the past 2000 years that it is impossible to give an unequivocal result of his work.

Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus – if we have to play that absurd Christmas game. But it is probably more meaningful to insist that with today’s domestic triumph, that he has already assured himself a place in the history books – a space he has good chances of expanding considerably in coming years.

This just confirms what most of us already knew, namely that the left-wing media truly believes that Obama is the messiah.
I do however, agree with the last statement, that he has assured himself a place in the history books........alongside Stalin, Hitler, Genghis Khan and Nero.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Jesus played a massive role in humanity for 2000 years, i doubt obama is the same. No one remembers murderers, like bush and obama, like jesus.

So let them build people up, as long as we see real truths.

Obama is here to do his job, like bush and clinton did. I doubt that job is as important as jesus christs life.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Aw come on. Out of the entire freakin world, some goofball Danish paper publishes this silly editorial. SO WHAT?
From this you conclude that Obama is Stalin, Mao, the left wing..and BLAH BLA BLAH! Grasping at straws much? This is JUST RIDICULOUS!

So what do I conclude from this!
Rep. Wilson deliver Gods Judgement
How about some people are idiots? SO WHAT?

[edit on 30-12-2009 by OldDragger]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
The idea was naturally that the comparison between Jesus and Obama – which is something that the critics developed themselves...

What the hell is wrong with Europeans? It wasn't the opposition that developed this messiah comparison it was the stiff legged MSM that took the sappy photoshopped pictures. And this is another line from the story that makes me laugh, and it shows how uninformed the guy writing it is.

– a space he has good chances of expanding considerably in coming years.

They have a surprise coming in 2012 when the worst president in history is voted off the island and his dumbass health reform is dismantled!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

According to the Gospels, Jesus made miracles happen. He walked on water, fed thousands with a few fish, healed the sick...etc.

That makes Jesus entirely more important than anyone in the world. Ever.

Anyone who compares the two, even remotely close, are secular.

I laugh at those who actually call this guy "Messiah".
Religious beliefs aside, he hasn't done one single thing to help this country.
Oh wait....spend entirely too much money! Thats right! That helps! [/sarcarm]

Oh this thread is gonna be a rough one...

Good find!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

From this you conclude that Obama is Stalin, Mao

No, I didn't conclude that from the editorial at all. Your logic is quite flawed.
I concluded that from his ACTIONS, such as all of the broken promises that have occurred. Need I name them?

Obama is truly a tyrant who has been put into office by a left-wing media that has an agenda of the destruction of the American way of life.
Americans, under Obama continue to lose jobs at a alarming rate, more than double the rate under Bush.
In addition, Americans are losing their homes in record numbers.
Americans still have two wars to deal with, along with Obama's threat of a THIRD WAR in Yemen, even though, Obama, the "Nobel Peace Prize" winner, promised to END the wars, not start a new one.
Obama promised bipartisanship, and instead decided to go ahead with a disastrous health care bill which will further BANKRUPT America and AMERICANS.
Obama continues to push his "Cap and Trade" agenda, even though GW has been shown to be a hoax, perpetrated by people who manipulated data.
Why go on? You will just deny everything anyway.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

The only people I have heard call Obama the messiah are right wing wing pundits and mostly rightie message board posters. If you guys think this is significant, I reall feel sorry for you.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Since there is no real proof of Jesus' Miracles and Antics (or of his existence) ..

I would call Obama greater than Jesus .. just for the single FACT that Jesus is a Character and Obama is a real guy ..

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Too right, jesus brought the world out of the occult religion, and gave us a decent society to live in.

These people should goto africa or india, and see what the world would of been like still without jesus coming here at that time.

No one will change the world in such a way again.

the thing that gets me, is that liberals do not see what christianity did. I do not care about your reps or dems.

But this blogger should think.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
OMG (or should that be OMO- Oh My Obama), this is the MOST rediculous thing I've ever seen.

Jesus redeemed mankind through His death & resurection, so that all men could achieve heaven. He transformed society from pagan brutality to one of charity and enlightenment, teaching all men to, not just love thy neighbor but, love thy enemy as well.

Obama has divided this nation into opposing ideological camps ready to break with each other. Never before his reign have I heard serious talk of succession or armed opposition. All his promises have been lies and he has achieved all he has done, not through compromise and open mindedness but, through brute force by right of his Democrat controlled congress.

He is leading this country to bankruptcy and destruction.

Obama better enjoy the praise now for history will surely not have the same view of his presidency in hindsight.

Rant over. For now....

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

This is pretty close to worship from Andrea Mitchell.

“What a day it was. It may take days or years to really absorb the significance of what happened to America today....When he [Barack Obama] finally emerged, he seemed, even in this throng, so solitary, somber, perhaps already feeling the weight of the world, even before he was transformed into the leader of the free world....The mass flickering of cell phone cameras on the Mall seemed like stars shining back at him.”
— NBC’s Andrea Mitchell

Just a little fawning from a national news celebrity.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Rather than the "JC" of Jesus Christ we should use those initials in this case to represent another JC:

Jimmy Carter.

That comparison is a lot closer.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Clark Savage Jr.]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I just hope that "O" will take such positive criticism as a global complement and not get an EGO, if he can pass this test and remain sound and sturdy in his steps then that's a cool sign we have a good leader. If he takes it and runs with A SWELLED EGO then the test has revealed valuable personal information about him and his soul potential.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by havok

The only people I have heard call Obama the messiah are right wing wing pundits and mostly rightie message board posters. If you guys think this is significant, I reall feel sorry for you.

I don't think this is significant. For one.
Also, I am not a "rightie message board poster".
Thanks for the comment though.

What's significant is the fact that there are live recordings of people calling him "greater than God" before this.

So we know that people think of him as a greater human.

I, for one, will never consider any human greater than Jesus.
No matter what people believe about Jesus or Obama.

I knew this thread would explode into fierce discussion.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by havok]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
In Obama's own words, he hints at being in touch with.....well, you decide:

"... a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany ... and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama" - Barack Obama Lebanon, New Hampshire. January 7, 2008.

obamamessiah.blogspot.com...

Then, of course, we have Newsweek's Evan Thomas::

Saturday, June 06, 2009 "Obama is standing above the country, above the world. He's sort of GOD."

from this:

If anyone STILL believes that it is the right that is calling Obama the Messiah, please visit the link:
obamamessiah.blogspot.com...

where there are hundreds of pictures and quotes from the LEFT comparing Obama to God, Jesus, the Messiah, and the Savior of the world.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

If he takes it and runs with A SWELLED EGO

I think you're WAY too late to hope for no swelled ego. He's had that, as soon as that inexperienced Chicago politician decided that he had the experience and knowledge to become president. His record to date show how wrong he was.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I do however, agree with the last statement, that he has assured himself a place in the history books........alongside Stalin, Hitler, Genghis Khan and Nero.

I agree with Dragger, what does this mans opinion have to do with anything relevant?
Does this make the author an apostle? If so I hope their are only 11 left to go...

On the other hand you are equating Obama with men who MURDERED millions of people.

I suggest your hate has become as delusional as the Danes love, just as fantastic and
just as fanatical. Both of you have Exalted this modern politician to a mythic level...
The walking embodiment of the savior and satan, born in four lands at once, of two faiths, the weak and bowing authoritarian communist corporatist.

I am sure you and your Danish counter part will add to this legend -

I can't wait for the final consensus or the future artistic renditions

(might I suggest wings, a horn or two and sequins
)

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I

"... a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany ... and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama" - Barack Obama Lebanon, New Hampshire. January 7, 2008.

Ya
, he was making fun of people like you and the Dane

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I'm reading a tongue-in-cheek article from a highly secular nation known for its religious satire. What are you reading?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.
Rather than the "JC" of Jesus Christ we should use those initials in this case to represent another JC:

Jimmy Carter.

That comparison is a lot closer.

THAT'S IT, You've nailed it!

At first I didn't know which Jesus he was being compared to, the flesh and blood Jesus that got crucified, or the Messianic Jesus.

After reading your post it's obvious that Obama is indeed
the Second Coming of Jimmy Carter.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join