It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The 'I' in I am

page: 1
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I was sleepy last night and a profound thought popped into existence. The 'I' in I am is an identity. There is an identity which separates consciousness from everything else to be unique and or separate. Am I the 'I' in “I am”, or am I something else, something that has no form, no identity, that which may BE nothing? The word ‘be’ strikes another chord. Perhaps all we are is ‘being’, being in the moment, the joy in the exact moment of now.

This may be perceived as anything and so it is difficult to know how it is being understood. Language frustrates me because of its limitation, though I appreciate the limitation for it makes language what it is. Is the 'I' the supposed ego? If the 'I' is the ego, than what is left over?

Is there only consciousness (awareness)?

These are ramblings of the mind; these thoughts struck a (resonation) chord and now interest me. What are your (the reader) opinions?

Are we something that is not limited to identification? And if so then what is our true essence?




posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by awakened sleeper
 


You have to truly understand yourself before that question can be answered for you. The "I" in "I Am" suggests a conscious decision, which would introduce choice stimulating a course of events, leading to a finale outcome.

We understand it in the way of:

I Am going to the store.
I Am watching a movie.
I Am feeling sick.

I Am also alludes to right now.



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion
 


I knew you were going to allude to me getting to know me. I am almost ready to take that step, but it scares me. It is an unknown, an unknown that I have ignored for some time and I suppose it is about time I got to know that which I am completely and whole.



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
www.wingmakers.com...
~you may enjoy~

insight reflects intuition,
that there is divided identity,
within current human instrument (mind, emotion, body),
as we exist in the dimensions of timespace.

perhaps this is because of the inherent structure of such dimension,
in which we physically exist,
that we derive limited 'I'dentity...over 'entity'.

we are a sovereign entity...
integral in universal wholeness.

'identity' = 'id'/ego + 'entity'/soul
meaning in this realm we add the ego,
or what we understand of 'ourselves' in realms of separation from Source,
to our real being, soul, that we do not sense in 5sense realms yet, and yet,
is eternal infinite universal~

We are All One

LOVE



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The ego is something which can be removed. there is something spiritual masters discribe as egolessness...a state of consciousness devoid of the ego...

the say when the ego is removed all that remains is the self....

the loving energy that nurtures all things...

the ego has been the cause of all mans ills...

it is the root of all attachments...
some say it is needed for confidence , personally i say confidence is a week substitute for faith...

spirit



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakened sleeper
Is the 'I' the supposed ego? If the 'I' is the ego, than what is left over?

Is there only consciousness (awareness)?


This is a question that has been on "my" mind for quite some time, and someday hope that question will be answered for "me".

Great thought provoking thread..




posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Who am I?

I'm nothing that can be reached or thouched-
I'm distance-less Awareness.
I'm nothing that can be seen or imagined
I'm image-less Awareness.
I'm nothing that can be measured or compared
I'm infinite Awareness.

SatNam



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake1234
www.wingmakers.com...
~you may enjoy~

insight reflects intuition,
that there is divided identity,
within current human instrument (mind, emotion, body),
as we exist in the dimensions of timespace.

perhaps this is because of the inherent structure of such dimension,
in which we physically exist,
that we derive limited 'I'dentity...over 'entity'.

we are a sovereign entity...
integral in universal wholeness.

'identity' = 'id'/ego + 'entity'/soul
meaning in this realm we add the ego,
or what we understand of 'ourselves' in realms of separation from Source,
to our real being, soul, that we do not sense in 5sense realms yet, and yet,
is eternal infinite universal~

We are All One

LOVE


Very well put. I have been to that website and enjoy it. It seems that the ego was added for one reason or another. It is difficult for me to understand me without the ID but I am getting 'there'. Perhaps I should stare into a mirror until I get a reaction?



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirit777child
The ego is something which can be removed. there is something spiritual masters discribe as egolessness...a state of consciousness devoid of the ego...

the say when the ego is removed all that remains is the self....

the loving energy that nurtures all things...

the ego has been the cause of all mans ills...

it is the root of all attachments...
some say it is needed for confidence , personally i say confidence is a week substitute for faith...

spirit


If the ego can be added, it can also be removed. That is quite an acceptance, to understand such an awareness. I see the light but am afraid of what I might find.



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder

Originally posted by awakened sleeper
Is the 'I' the supposed ego? If the 'I' is the ego, than what is left over?

Is there only consciousness (awareness)?


This is a question that has been on "my" mind for quite some time, and someday hope that question will be answered for "me".

Great thought provoking thread..



It (What is the ‘I’ in I am?) has been on my mind since last night and it is eating at me (in a good way). I feel as if I have been living a lie, or a distortion, illusion and I have finally the curourage to question and seek truth. I understand that I and only I will be able to answer this for me. It will come when the time is right, as everything has been happening in my life.

It is a great thread because it makes me think, and think hard at that. These are heavy topics and I do love me some heavy topics.



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriathwen

Who am I?

I'm nothing that can be reached or thouched-
I'm distance-less Awareness.
I'm nothing that can be seen or imagined
I'm image-less Awareness.
I'm nothing that can be measured or compared
I'm infinite Awareness.

SatNam



That was very interesting. I really enjoyed reading your post eriathwen.

That is how I feel, or rather know within my heart. I sense this, that I am everything and nothing, complete awareness, whole, and not only limited to emotion, thought and human body. If this is the case then it would seem very evident that this existence in all about enjoying the moment, what we feel right now.



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Maybe this world is just a broken mirror

Reality in reverse

Maybe it's just a shadow

Of a parallel universe

-The Everyday Life (Robert miles)

I am quite aware of how amazing and odd this world is to me. I have learned so much, so fast in just not even the last 2 years, and it is one hell of a ride. I do not want to exit the vehicle just yet for who knows what I may learn next.



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by awakened sleeper
 


and, perhaps you stare into creation until you see your'self' as whole

~you may also enjoy~
www.lyricus.org...
[teacher and student share wisdom]



LOVE

[edit on 30-12-2009 by awake1234]



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by awake1234
 


So I have been reading the lyricus site for a while now. It is really amazing. I have come across this before and reading it again brings a smile to my face.

thank you for reminding me of its wherabouts.



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakened sleeper
I was sleepy last night and a profound thought popped into existence. The 'I' in I am is an identity. There is an identity which separates consciousness from everything else to be unique and or separate. Am I the 'I' in “I am”, or am I something else, something that has no form, no identity, that which may BE nothing? The word ‘be’ strikes another chord. Perhaps all we are is ‘being’, being in the moment, the joy in the exact moment of now.

This may be perceived as anything and so it is difficult to know how it is being understood. Language frustrates me because of its limitation, though I appreciate the limitation for it makes language what it is. Is the 'I' the supposed ego? If the 'I' is the ego, than what is left over?

Is there only consciousness (awareness)?

These are ramblings of the mind; these thoughts struck a (resonation) chord and now interest me. What are your (the reader) opinions?

Are we something that is not limited to identification? And if so then what is our true essence?


Yes, there is only consciousness. I too have pondered this, but ultimately I realize that everything is simply one consciousness, including the physical world. For what purpose these things exist, I do not know, but it does and so we are given lives to live. So we live them. What good would awareness be, if all it was was awareness of itself? That is the real mind # of a question.



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I AM is the great Creative force. There is no other statement more powerful. Whatever you think, say and enable comes from the great command I AM. All is set into motion from this, it is the one command the Universe understands and follows always with action.

The Universe responds to the I AM, this is why we must all be careful what we ask for. never say "I want" from the I AM as all you will get is wanting...say I AM happy and not I want to be happy.

The I AM is ALL , the" I" starts the motion of your ability to manifest, follow this with AM and you are saying very powerful creative words. I AM has power to manifest the WORD into the actual physical reality we experience now.

I in I AM is you as a creator being part of the ONE manifesting in order for the Creator to experience itself through you.

Lovely thoughtful thread.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Mr Green]



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by awake1234
 


The structure of the universe as we know it, is fractal by nature. Sometimes I think I am the only one who really noticed that an atom and a solar system are very similar because of the fractal nature. The language of the universe is not mathematics, but rather frequencies. So harmonization of the frequencies between the self and other is the only way to really understand the other. How do you harmonize the frequencies of the self? I do not know yet.



posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by awakened sleeper
 



what is our true essence?
Are we something that is not limited to identification?


When you go to the beach, you might pick up a handful of sand. And you might look at it in your hand, and perceive it as a single handful of sand. Or you might perceive it as a collection of individual grains. Or you might look at the whole of the beach and perceive "beach" as one discreet entity. Regardless of the manner you choose to perceieve, has the essense of "beachsand" changed? When you think "beach" might you not also include the water? The sky? Isn't identification simpy a matter of perspective?

I propose that consciousness is this way. You may perceive your mind as a component, your heart as a component, your body...or you might perceive these things together as a single "you." But you might also perceive "humanity" as a single component. Any perception is valid. There's nothing "wrong" with looking at your mind and your heart and separate entities.

What is the "you" depends entirely on how you choose to perceive yourself.

We can prattle on all day about how "all is one" and that may well be true, but that being true does not diminish the validity of perception of individualized components. It is only the handful of sand in your hand, not the entire beach. It is only your heart that feels joy, not your left earlobe. You may certainly perceive both your heart and your left earlobe as a single entity, just as you may choose to perceive a gender, a race, a species, or any set as a discreet entity. All computer keyboards in the universe is a single thing.

What manner of "I" you choose to identify with is your own concern. Perceive as you choose. If you choose to be in union with all and perceive all that is as one single entity, you don't need my permission. But if you choose to perceive merely a single human, or even merely the ego within that human as "I" who am I to tell you that it's invalid or inappropriate?



The 'I' in I am is an identity.


It is an identity. An identity that is flexible.



posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by awakened sleeper
 


Yeah, I thought about that since I was 5.



posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dave2770
 


We're a new age of human.



new topics

top topics



 
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join