It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inuit Knowledge and Climate Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Inuit Knowledge and Climate Change

www.youtube.com

The Inuit Eskimo elders from Canada and Greenland, the sun in a different place today than a few years ago and it is higher in the sky than usual.

They do not just talk about change on the Sun, the position of the moon and the stars are in different positions. Even the way the wind is different than before, say the Eskimos.

They are now agreed on the cause: the earth is tilted towards the north.

Climate Scientist Dr.. Ian J. Mauro and filmmaker Zacharias Kunuk, who together climate research,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.isuma.tv

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The Inuit Eskimo elders from Canada and Greenland, the sun in a different place today than a few years ago and it is higher in the sky than usual.

They do not just talk about change on the Sun, the position of the moon and the stars are in different positions. Even the way the wind is different than before, say the Eskimos.

They are now agreed on the cause: the earth is tilted towards the north.

Climate Scientist Dr.. Ian J. Mauro and filmmaker Zacharias Kunuk, who together climate research, saying that overturning an essential part of global climate change should be.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I translated it with google translater, origanal story was in Dutch.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I have a hard time believing that a ppl that are on top of unstable ice, can say things such as this and not take the snow and ice they reside on into account.

I have a pole in the ground with an optical piece on top the makes a dot of light on the ground, it has not changed nor is it in any measurable or detectably moved from years past, unless the steel rod in the ground that is on the solstice has been moved by a joker, and that joker got the placement right on the$$$.

The peep hole in my door also does this same thing and it was right on the same mark on my wall as 3 years ago...

I'm not saying it has not changed, but if it has, it is only very minute and not noticable to my eyes.

ETA I had to change equinox to soltice hoping not to get flamed, mostly due to the idea that day had/has special meaning to me.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Can someone answer this question for me please...

Is the overall mean temperature of the earth warming or cooling?

Don't attack anyone, just answer the question is all, ok

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Solofront

I DONT KNOW. It only seems that our galactic klock begins to have an invluense on this planet.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solofront
Can someone answer this question for me please...

Is the overall mean temperature of the earth warming or cooling?

Don't attack anyone, just answer the question is all, ok

Where I am, record rainfalls and record cold temperatures for the past three years has been normal. We keep ion either breaking or getting in second place in the record books for this area for temperatures and rain.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is weird to me because when I got up this morning and went out on the deck to smoke my cigarette like usual I thought to myself, why is the sun coming up so far south?

I chalked it up to just not noticing. But less than a month ago it would start directly behind this pine tree which is almost due east. This morning it was more ESE, almost exactly ESE to be exact. It was only 8 or 830 am and to me it usually takes until 1030 or so to be that far over.

Theres probably a logical explanation but I thought it was weird I didnt notice the transition.

Maybe just because Im extra tired today.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MrOrange82

i seem to remember a story by the hopi indians relating a tale of a time when the night lasted for three nights and when the sun did rise it rose in a different place .
if i am wrong i am sure one of you will correct me .

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
We have had geese flying in the wrong direction lately too.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So no one can answer the...

"Is the overall mean temperature of the earth warming or cooling?"

Then why the "global fuss" over climate change if the climate hasn't changed?

Not you guys at ats, but the overall average joe and jane and congress men and women...why the fuss, who gives a ****? Just be happy and go for swim, ride a bike, play a game, etc...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solofront
So no one can answer the...

"Is the overall mean temperature of the earth warming or cooling?"

Then why the "global fuss" over climate change if the climate hasn't changed?

Not you guys at ats, but the overall average joe and jane and congress men and women...why the fuss, who gives a ****? Just be happy and go for swim, ride a bike, play a game, etc...

Hey, I tried to help you out.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

Very interesting indeed! I was up for yesterday’s sunrise and I thought the exact same thing, that the sun was rising more southerly than I can ever remember. I’m in Australia, for geographic reference.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Hey, I tried to help you out.

I know, aprecciated!

I guessed that I wouldn't recieve a direct answer from one side or the other.

The last thing on my mind when I get up in the morning is...

"OMG, the earth is cooling/heating, I need to @$#% do something!!!"

lmao, who cares, f-that %$!# I'm gonna go walk the dog, then play the wii, then fix lunch.

Why worry about something, why worry about anything, if your gonna do something then do it, don't say your gonna do it, just do it.

Wouldn't it be marvelous if happiness was the dominate way of thinking, I know, its a fantastical thought, but wouldn't it...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Could the apparent change in the Earth's position in relation to the Sun be caused by Precession? The Earth wobbles like a spinning top does. The "wobble" is a very slow movement and takes about 26,000 years to complete one cycle.

Solofront - After a quick search on the G**gle... Plenty of data here:

NASA GISS

Interesting story....

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Anamnesis]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
From what i have seen the earth is cooling since 1989. I can find the graphs is that helps, but all the scientific evidence is out there. I to have noticed the sun being different, not really knowing what, just an instinct thing i guess, but then i say this post, and well sort of prompted the search, and i will look deeper in to it, for personal gain if nothing else. the Hopi Indians do have a prophesy in fact they have a number of them, the one i believe referring to this is the Blue star prophesy

just another thought, The Earth wobbles would go some way to explaining the colder weather we have been seeing of late, if the earth is tilting more to the north, wouldn't that make the northern hemisphere colder? and one other thing, the other day i saw a post about how the earth's magnetic north pole is moving towards Russia, i am wondering it that could be having more of an affect on the earths tilt than we realise, Just some thoughts.

new topics

top topics

join