It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar cycle 24 and 'strange yellow object'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Solar cycle 24 it's been very slow. At just three years to reach its maximun, the month of December was one of the most active of this cycle. A "strange yellow object" appeared in the sky in December. It's brighter than the brighter objects and the color is not yellow but red.

Appears at 4.26.

I can't really add much discussion wise, becuasei have little knowledge of space.

Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
i think mars will get brighter and brighter until march as it will be as close to earth as possible
some nice sighting to be expected.

so it'd be nice if this video would start with "this is not mars, mars is there so what's that red dot here?"

until further more precise details are given, me, i'll stick to mars

[edit on 30-12-2009 by ::.mika.::]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
mars was my first guess as well...its pretty high in the sky at this time.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Interesting. Red Kachina, like in Hopi's predictions?

EDIT coordinates are:
RA: 17h48m45s
Dec: -27:10:00
Alt: -25:51:13
Az: 102:49:28

[edit on 30-12-2009 by twilightzone]

[edit on 30-12-2009 by twilightzone]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by twilightzone

I keep hearing that around the net, maybe it could be , all there prophecies have come true so far.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by twilightzone

so we don't know what this is...
i'm getting curious

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Very interesting video. I enjoyed it greatly, especially how much work you put into the last few minutes. I was convinced that yellow, reddish light was Mars. Your zoomed out view made the light seem, as if it’s not as bright as Mars is at the moment. But then having played a little with the same type of setup, I understood, or made the excuse, why that Planet (first thought), looked the way it did. But when you pointed out the distortions, I was like hmm... Mars don't have five anything. So, now I feel at least a little naked because I have zero idea, outside of the obvious ancient belief, what that thing could be.

Great video, and great job pointing those distortions out!

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 31-12-2009 by littlebunny]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
up !

this thread deserve more attention

astronomers,enlighten us about this, thx

happy new year & fack PTB

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

Hey just to add in, this video wasn't created by me, so all credit towards the youtube maker

*BUMP*

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
reply to post by littlebunny

Hey just to add in, this video wasn't created by me, so all credit towards the youtube maker

*BUMP*

Hmm, how embarrassing... Maybe next time I make a comment I might actually pay attention to what the heck is really going around here

To get back on point. I star gaze just about every night, and right now the skies are clear here in Southern Oregon and I believe I can actually see with the naked eye this "new" star. Currently its about 20 degrees N/NE in the night sky. I have never seen that star before, ever. Now that don't mean anything really, because, even though I stare into the night sky almost every night, that doesn't mean I always know what I'm looking at.
...Plus, after looking in Stellarium, I'm not sure if that star isn’t Capella. Gonna need some experts to chime in so we can start to figure this one out.

Because this is a conspiracy website, and because this is a somewhat end of the world forum. As I stare at this “new” star, guess what… It looks red! How freaky would that be if the last part of Hopi prophesy happens in 2010… Things could get real interesting if someone who does this stuff for a living comes on ATS screaming, WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE… or most likely… Come on guys its blah blah and its fifty light years away.

--Charles Marcello

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Are you sure you're not looking at Jupiter?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Are you sure you're not looking at Jupiter?

Yes I'm sure... The best way to help people find it... Go outside and find Orion’s Belt, then look further north, or up from it, and you will see another area that now looks just like Orion‘s Belt. I was outside a little while ago, and I was like, wow, that looks almost exactly like Orion’s Belt now.

Its not Jupiter. Mars is close, but, and this is what makes it cool, that "new" star looks a lot like Mars. Now I could mistake one for Mars, but not two

--Charles Marcello

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Hi Haydn_17. I'm Is2012TheDate and I post this video in my channel in Youtube
www.youtube.com...
And thanks to all of you with concern about the "strange orange object" . I can confirm that this object is NOT MARS OR JUPITER. When I took the pictures was DEC 17 2009 1;15 am facing North. The object was next to Big diper almost near Phecda. The next 5 days there was bad weather and finally on Dec22 I tried to take more pictures and the object was not there anymore. The next day Dec 23 at 9:00 I saw Mars and took the pictures of my location. But the strange orange object was more than twice brighter than Mars. Two person confirm my pictures of Dec 23 as Mars but up to date they havent confirm the location of ths object near Big Diper. I have reports from five different places of the object moving North East. My last report came from Canada at 6:30 am.
Once more thanks for your interest. I'm following the path of the object and will have a new video very soon. You can email at [email protected]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
As being an amateur astronomer, this is really nothing.
No strange bright objects in the sky!
Only Mars, stars, and other planets.

Otherwise, all of us would be amazed about it!
It could be that there is a distant body only visible from observatories and hidden, but not visible to naked eye!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It appears to be Mars..

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Bumped *
this is very interesting, any word on more pics or video?

it is the 14 of January and it should be a clear night here in Canada. I borrowed a telescope. could some one tell me where in the sky to look.

I am in Southwestern Ontario, 25 km west of Toronto

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Hi Joseph . One week ago I had a report from a friend in Montreal seeing the object at 6:30 am Still dark I presume.
I would like to get info from someone to upload pictures and videos as I've been trying but not results. I have pictures from Australia very impressive.
Thanks,

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Anyone has noted the extremely cold weather and the absence of sunspots in solar cycle 24?

Add to that the magnetic activity is record low and the milky way is overheated...

Checking the Scandinavian weather development in the last 13 months really makes one think about Ragnarok where first summers were shortened and then three eternal winters preceded the end.

new topics

top topics

join