It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracles in Medicine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Kiwifoot recently posted a thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...and it was another great story about something unusual, uplifting and some would say, miraculous.

I find these stories fascinating, a deep seated hope I suppose of something special happening in an otherwise sad and mechanical world. I think most of us are here for this reason, the search for the mysterious and wondrous. To quote Albert Einstein, "The most beautiful and deepest experience a man can have is the sense of the mysterious." Very well put.

Miracles or not, these stories and accounts are exceptional. I have collated a few of my favourites and presented them below.

First, the story of Kirsty Collier. In summary, born with a heart condition, she underwent an operation where the surgeon removed a third of her heart and had no expectation of success. She is now a normal healthy girl and following a scan of the heart, no scarring was found on the now normal and healthy heart.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Second, the fascinating story of Demi-Lee Brennan, another teenage girl, this time somehow managed to change bloodgroups following a liver transplant, something never before documented.

www.reuters.com...

Third, and more medical science than miracle but still an interesting case, is  D'Zhana Simmons, kept alive by a custom built machine for four months. This isn't as miraculous as the others but is a great story of hope.

www.reuters.com...

Miracle, culmination of millions of variables or pure chance, all these stories have one common theme, hope, and it is this that seems to be so lacking in today's world. But that's another story in itself.

Happy reading.

Sendran.

new topics

join