It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you follow A Virtual Leader ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
A question came to me as I was here reading and I would like some feedback and opinion. Basically with all of the technology currently available, and coupled with its rate of development, would it be possible to create a believable Virtual Leader?
The first video below is amazing. She IS the demo of the technology up until the 1:30 mark.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

With all the talk and speculation of TPTB and NWO, wouldnt a possible control scenario be a TRULY false flag broadcast virtual EVENT, coupled with the perfect actor, void of any emotion or moral and ethical risk, used to order and control the population simply by a program.
Totally non human. Fulfilling the religious prophecies, the alien disclosure awaiters, and the NWO seekers?
Due to security reasons "the leader" can not make public appearances?
Geographic areas in question would be locked down?
I believe it could all be staged, all be faked, and the majority would believe it.
And I'm now wondering if it hasnt already been used to some degree.
Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
According to Bill Clinton, by the time you make it to President, you don't make the decisions.

Isn't the President a "virtual leader"?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Thoughts?

Given your scenario, why would it matter if the "world leader" were computer generated or simply a real actor?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I guess it could be "any" world leader, not just the president of the US.
The false flag scenario would be an extreme.
Why couldnt the technology be used in any nation, or for even everyday common contact with the populace?
Taking Clintons statement within context you would still have the threat of reveal should a corrupt leader grow a moral sense. With a truly virtual leader the worst of the worst could be performed to the masses by twisted evil that would never be accepted or popular with the people.
The handsome or pretty cgi generated face and convincing voice, or how about an intelligent alien or savior?
I'm imagining any and all scenarios where the use of this expanding and developing technology could apply.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I dont see why people wouldnt. The idea or ideal is what's important. The face of the cause is just another person in the crowd.

Plenty of "leaders" have killed or warped their own causes by just being human and making all sorts of mistakes or falling to corruption for selfish gain.

Follow a person, piece of furniture or virtual talking head. Makes no difference to me.

Though I'm sure there would be plenty of morons who follow a 'leader' because of appearance or even clothing style. The insane number of adolescent males who will sell themselves out completely to the faint hope of getting to touch a breast is proof of that.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I guess there's something about the possibilty that just troubles me.
The reality of an actual person aiding and abetting and making that choice rather than a digitized creation.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

More frightening would be using the technology to alter or take over a movement that already has a human leader.

Like kidnapping/killing the POTUS and using the tech to broadcast speeches and policies that people would interpret as coming from the POTUS for example.

Would be very useful in orchestrating a bloodless coup or inciting a revolt.

Is following a leader who is virtual from the beginning so bad as following a virtual leader based on an actual leader that already has a following.

Like political Akido. Take that existing force and redirect it to your own end.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Exactly my point on this. Those with the right connections, and the ability to remove a leader, could in theory, using existing footage and the technology, create a continued presence, and as corrupt as things are, why would it not be possible?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

It's definitely possible. I'd go so far as to say it's likely and I expect to see it sometime in my life.

They will still have to do something about public appearances. It would be a dead giveaway if public appearances stopped but broadcasts continued.

Something would have to happen to justify the end of public appearances. Like a widespread 'terrorist attack' or rioting or something like that.

That way so many would be glad the POTUS were still alive that they wouldnt question the authenticity of the broadcast until it was far too late.

Unless of course they use some Brittany Spears tech crew who cant sync the words properly. Or some malfunction leads to Max Headroom style glitching.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
With holographic technology, pretty much anything is possible. This article from 10 yrs ago sheds some light on what is possible:

When Seeing and Hearing Isn't Believing

...What if the U.S. projected a holographic image of Allah floating over Baghdad urging the Iraqi people and Army to rise up against Saddam, a senior Air Force officer asked in 1990?

According to a military physicist given the task of looking into the hologram idea, the feasibility had been established of projecting large, three-dimensional objects that appeared to float in the air...

The Gulf War hologram story might be dismissed were it not the case that washingtonpost.com has learned that a super secret program was established in 1994 to pursue the very technology for PSYOPS application. The "Holographic Projector" is described in a classified Air Force document as a system to "project information power from space ... for special operations deception missions." ...

By William M. Arkin
Special to washingtonpost.com
Monday, Feb. 1, 1999
www.washingtonpost.com...

Sadly, I'm sure some people would follow a virtual leader.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
As far as the US is concerned, if this virtual leader turns out to be the product of some foreign technology, does this mean we would end up with another foreigner as Prez?

Let's think about this scenario for a sec.
Maybe the number of Man is actually describing something that is actually made by Man?
Something developed by Man that is compatible with yet another component also developed by Man and is to be used by Man on such a regular basis that Man can no longer live without. Kind of like what we are currently seeing with the merging of multiple technologies that we can't seem to get enough of.
Now, they build up a dependancy and then introduce a charismatic leader to the world, one that everyone loves and will depend on.
How else would you be able to get the get the most ideal qualities, with extreme charm, the perfect height and weight if not through programming.
The most perfect candidate that is synced up with the information super highway and with all the world databases, always able to give the best answer regadless of the circumstances.

Maybe the Anti-Christ is not only a super-computer but also a super-computerized avatar.

Did I say avatar???

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Try reading "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress" by Robert A. Heinlein. He posits just such a leader, albeit a self-aware computer personality.

Also consider Forrest Gump. If you didn't know better, and saw only "documentary" portions, you might accept him as a real figure.

So yes, I think it would be possible.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by someotherguy

And this is 'ten year old' implied technology! Just imagine what could be available today the way systems are made obsolete from month to month.
Strange projections in the sky? sounds like that Norway spiral experience, just a little bit maybe? How it just faded away at the end. Strange how the reference to the second coming has the event happening from above.

(At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.)

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Many people already do follow a virtual leader. Whether it's their favorite website or a specific forum member. There are just some people out there that want to be a part of something so desperately that they do exactly that...follow a virtual leader. It's quite sickening, but....

BTW, of those of you that fall into this category, remember this: your computer is NOT your friend...it's a machine built to take commands, not give them.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Made BY man but lacking man? Man believing his creation to be an enhancement yet it becoming man's destruction?
Or made FOR man? and used against man?
Imagine simultaneous multiple created "events" using this technology world wide, pitting man against man, race, religion etc etc.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Do you see an age group that is more prone to this behavior that you mention?
I ask that because of the question of conditioning. I cant , (ive tried) imagine following a site or forum member.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
reply to post by Aggie Man

Do you see an age group that is more prone to this behavior that you mention?
I ask that because of the question of conditioning. I cant , (ive tried) imagine following a site or forum member.

Youth...teens and early 20-somethings...THAT MY ASSUMPTION....ATS doesn't give ages; however, one can tell someone's age/education level via their word choice utilized in their posts, their ability to construct a sound position and argue said position. Now, age isn't the end all be all, but youths are certainly more impressionable...and that's why they tend to follow rather than lead.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
Try reading "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress" by Robert A. Heinlein. He posits just such a leader, albeit a self-aware computer personality.

Also consider Forrest Gump. If you didn't know better, and saw only "documentary" portions, you might accept him as a real figure.

So yes, I think it would be possible.

www.youtube.com...
Forrest Gump was made in 1994 and by those standards it was good.

www.cia.gov...

How easy to get into the minds and control billions of people, but to be able to do it en mass.

top topics

join