It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hampshire-Anthrax Found In Ministry Building ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

New Hampshire-Anthrax Found In Ministry Building ?

www.wmur.com

State health officials are warning dozens of people in a drum group to take precautions against anthrax after spores were found in a ministry center.

Concerns were raised after a woman in the drum group at United Campus Ministry in Durham contracted the nation's first known case of gastrointestinal anthrax.

The Department of Health and Human Services said swabs of electrical outlets at the center tested positive for anthrax, showing that it is in the building. Officials said they are trying to contact the 60 or so people who were in the drum group.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Is this just a form of Anthrax that forms naturally in cattle and being spread through these drums ? Or is it being placed on the drums by human?

There have been two other recent cases in the USA , why hasn't the large main stream media reported on this? There are potentially 60 people that could have been affected by this .

www.wmur.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dansik

Anthrax can be found in the hides and skins of infected animals if they haven't been treated.

There were a few cases in the UK where drum makers died of Anthrax.

BBC

Michael Norris, 49, was speaking at the start of an inquiry into the death of Christopher "Pascal" Norris.

The artist and woodworker, from the Scottish Borders, died on 8 July 2006.

A report from NHS Borders concluded Mr Norris, 50, was likely to have contracted the disease by playing or handling West African drums.

His was the first recorded death from anthrax in the UK for more than 30 years.

However, a drum-maker in east London died earlier this month after inhaling spores while handling animal skins.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dansik

Primitive drum heads are usually made using rawhide. The hide gets no preservative treatment, hence the name rawhide. It usually has had the hair removed by either letting the hide decompose to the point that the hair falls out on it's own or is soaked in a mixture of wood ashes and water to loosen the hair. The wet hide is stretched over the drum body and fastened with cords or tacks, when it dries it gets very tight. Anthrax spores are found on hides of livestock, and most human anthrax skin infections are found in people that have handled raw, untreated hides. I don't believe there is anything nefarious going on in this case.

Kiwifoot- you beat me to it! Good info!

[edit on 30-12-2009 by butcherguy]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Dansik

Primitive drum heads are usually made using rawhide. The hide gets no preservative treatment, hence the name rawhide. It usually has had the hair removed by either letting the hide decompose to the point that the hair falls out on it's own or is soaked in a mixture of wood ashes and water to loosen the hair. The wet hide is stretched over the drum body and fastened with cords or tacks, when it dries it gets very tight. Anthrax spores are found on hides of livestock, and most human anthrax skin infections are found in people that have handled raw, untreated hides. I don't believe there is anything nefarious going on in this case.

Kiwifoot- you beat me to it! Good info!

[edit on 30-12-2009 by butcherguy]

nah dude, they compliment each other perfectly, a two punch reply combo!

Scary stuff that anthrax, I was amazed post 911 when those letters were being sent. Another forum another day I guess!

top topics

join