It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Economic Nightmare That is Unfolding Pt 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

The Economic Nightmare That is Unfolding Pt 1

beforeitsnews.com

The people proclaiming this look intelligent enough. They obviously know how to dress well. And they can usually spout off a few data points or correlations to back up their claims, e.g. GDP is growing again, housing data is not quite as bad as before, jobless claims are down.

It’s really quite frightening because when you look at the data, there is virtually NOTHING positive to talk about. Let’s start with the basics:
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
What this report is talking about is that people are talking about a bull market and that the recession is over, but this report is siting that it is not. He points out that individual tax reciets are down twenty nine percent. The number of people filing for unemployment benefits is up three hundred and twenty five percent from the same period last year. The source also shows a chart of major business revenue and profits. Basically he is saying the economy is not yet good.

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
What confuses me the most, is that the economy today is the greatest in written history. Yet people always act as if it is horrific.

What kind of economy existed in 1500 AD in Europe? No toilets. Access to food was very limited as was selection. Access to clothing and housing was severely limited and primitive at best.

How about 20 years ago? There was no Internet economy. The Computer Industry was minuscule compared to today.

Just think about things logically in relation to history.

There are more goods in production and being traded today than at any time in human history, and it is arguable that the living standards of mankind are far better than any time in recorded official history as well.

So what is this "bad economy" nonsense ?

[edit on 30-12-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
What confuses me the most, is that the economy today is the greatest in written history. Yet people always act as if it is horrific.

What kind of economy existed in 1500 AD in Europe? No toilets. Access to food was very limited as was selection. Access to clothing and housing was severely limited and primitive at best.

How about 20 years ago? There was no Internet economy. The Computer Industry was minuscule compared to today.

Just think about things logically in relation to history.

There are more goods in production and being traded today than at any time in human history, and it is arguable that the living standards of mankind are far better than any time in recorded official history as well.

So what is this "bad economy" nonsense ?

[edit on 30-12-2009 by muzzleflash]

The average debt 20 years ago was not what it is today. Yes their is more ways to spend money but that doesn't equal a better economy. oddly your post is making me have flashbacks of the south park episode I saw where they acted like the economy was just like a god and was only being wrathful.

The biggest difference I would say between now and then was derivatives.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Furthermore, states such as California will be flat broke as of January 2010. Reduced tax income plus out of control spending equals trouble. You can also add Arizona, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, Oregon, Rhode Island and Wisconsin. These 10 states account for over one third of the American population. Think of it as more than 33% America going bankrupt.

The standard econ. indicator are nothing but fluff. 10% National unemployment speaks volumes. Companies are still turning profits because they cut their rosters and domestic production and outsourced for cheaper labor and suppliers overseas. Meanwhile states are burning through their unemployment funds faster than a California brush fire. The states will go bust long before the companies.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by jibeho]

[edit on 30-12-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
[www.abovetopsecret.com...] Then there is the problem of paying for the new unemployment claims, the extensions, and the emergency claims.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
[www.abovetopsecret.com...] Then there is the problem of paying for the new unemployment claims, the extensions, and the emergency claims.

Look for massive migration to states that pay the most welfare benefits.

Borders of individual states I believe will eventually have check points to

keep out new welfare recepients and squaders entering each individual

state. If you are entering each state on vacation, visiting relatives,

medical treatment, have new legitimate new employment, or resident

you will have a pass to get into that particular state. My opinion only I

believe this could be implemented in the future under the direction of

Homeland Security. Two consecutive administrations spending We The

People into oblivion. No one likes the loss of freedom but look what we

have already lost. ^Y^

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by amari

So very true, I could see all of what you say happening in the near future.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I have noticed that cops are pulling more people over than before, possibly in order to raise money for the county to take the edge off impact of lower tax revenues?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Symbiote

Symbiote,
Police trying to generate revenue has happened before.
police raid

Police issued a total of forty-eight tickets for "engine modifications" with police accusing the owners of the parked vehicles of being street racers.

So its not to hard to see where it might be happening again.

new topics

top topics

join