It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

BLue MOon on New Years Eve

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Blue Moon Myths
Learn about the astronomical phenomena of the blue moon, which only happens when an extra full moon appears during the year. The next blue moon will occur ...

www.infoplease.com/spot/bluemoon1.html



I thought it might be interesting to post personal thoughts and experiences during the up coming Blue Moon.
New Years Eve could be the wildest you will ever partake in.
I am a moon child and have always been interested in the moon's
effect on the planet and it's people.




posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million
 


That is a strong and powerful portent... "Once in a blue moon".

A blue moon on New Year's Eve will be very powerful - for the good of the planet and mankind!



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Yep it's going to be night to remember!



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hmmm, I'll probably be too drunk to see it...or even if I do...probably won't remember it. Cheers!



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million
 


Even though its rare it is not that rare.

Though its nice to know where the saying came from.



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
Yep it's going to be night to remember!


It's probably going to be a night that I'll forget.

Back OT. Will the Moon be blue wherever you are on Earth or only in a specific area or country?



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1
 


No, the moon will not be blue. Once in a while there are 2 full moons in a month. And rarer still that full moon as a second in a month, comes on 31st dec new years eve.

Hope you understand, my basic description.

Thats why its called once in a blue moon.



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaraLou
reply to post by Donny 4 million
 


That is a strong and powerful portent... "Once in a blue moon".

A blue moon on New Year's Eve will be very powerful - for the good of the planet and mankind!


TaraLou
Sounds good to me. Half full is my motto.
Please come back and share your experiences.
thanks Donny



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade
 


midnight
Sounds like fun. Maybe some one will take a video of you and we'll all see it on You tube. LOL
Have a Happy



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I wonder if they will do the big D tomorrow night now that would be cool! Once in a blue moon event



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million
 


Hey Donny,

I wish you a very happy New Year and all the best for the future.



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
Yep it's going to be night to remember!


Hey Mott
Could you imagine having a post poned Christmas office party on New Years eve also.
Come back with some photos.
Best wishes



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033
 


Andy
The rarity seems to make it all that more mystical. Maybe just more memorable because of the conscious aspect.
I don't know if it is supposed to affect the tides any more than just a plain old full moon but is supposed to make folks act more unusual.
Hope you can come back with your story.
Best of the New Year Donny



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If you are effected by moon cycles, specially a full moon then be careful about tomorrows blue moon. Most, if not all people are effected by the full moon to a certain degree, but some more than others so be careful for yourself and others. Tomorrows a big time for celebrating the world around, and if you add all the alcohol involved in those celebrations, things could turn nasty. So while enjoy it, keep a careful eyeout. Peace



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The 5th
If you are effected by moon cycles, specially a full moon then be careful about tomorrows blue moon. Most, if not all people are effected by the full moon to a certain degree, but some more than others so be careful for yourself and others. Tomorrows a big time for celebrating the world around, and if you add all the alcohol involved in those celebrations, things could turn nasty. So while enjoy it, keep a careful eyeout. Peace


Happy New Year. 5th
Very good advice. I hope every one can come back by the thread after the First with funny, unusual stories of the effect the moon will have on us.
enjoy, Donny



posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
OK the wierdness begins.
Al Gore is on Rachel Ray as I type.
Will he make her turn the ovens off????



posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by RMFX1
 


No, the moon will not be blue. Once in a while there are 2 full moons in a month. And rarer still that full moon as a second in a month, comes on 31st dec new years eve.

Hope you understand, my basic description.

Thats why its called once in a blue moon.



Well, don't I feel silly now. I thought that there was something going on, possibly atmospheric or something of that nature that would cause the Moon to appear blue, which in my tiny mind I imagined to be something which would be pretty rare. On the other hand, I would imagine that having two full Moons in one month must be quite a common occurence. Or am I wrong again?

Thanks for the explanation though.

EDIT: Nevermind, I googled it. Apparently it's not all that uncommon after all. It happens approximately once every 2 to 3 years which is too often for me to consider it to be a rare occurence. I also came across some information on a visibly blue Moon on the same wikpedia page which is a very rare occurence caused by atmospheric changes which I initially assumed was what we were discussing here.

You learn something new every day.



[edit on 31-12-2009 by RMFX1]



posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1
 

.
Interesting find.
The thing that struck me as rare is the Blue Moon occuring along with the New Years
There have been a few wierd thing that have happened.
I hope everyone is enjoying the New Year



posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1

Well, don't I feel silly now. I thought that there was something going on, possibly atmospheric or something of that nature that would cause the Moon to appear blue, which in my tiny mind I imagined to be something which would be pretty rare. On the other hand, I would imagine that having two full Moons in one month must be quite a common occurence. Or am I wrong again?

Thanks for the explanation though.

EDIT: Nevermind, I googled it. Apparently it's not all that uncommon after all. It happens approximately once every 2 to 3 years which is too often for me to consider it to be a rare occurence. I also came across some information on a visibly blue Moon on the same wikpedia page which is a very rare occurence caused by atmospheric changes which I initially assumed was what we were discussing here.

You learn something new every day.


[edit on 31-12-2009 by RMFX1]


Dont worry I thought people meant an actual blue moon too for a second. I had visions of about 30 threads being started saying 'oh my god, the moons covered in water!'



posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
After a few pints i went outside for a smoke, and the moon was definately more blue and it looked like some type of eclipse aswell. Like a corner of the moon seemed to be covered.

In the state I was in, I wasn't what you might call a reliable witness



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join