It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Role of Religion on ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Religion, like politics, can be a very fun and heated topic to discuss although not always conspiracy-based. For instance, we have specific conspiracy-aimed forums for both RELIGIOUS CONSPIRACIES and POLITICAL CONSPIRACIES while at the same time also having regular forums for GENERAL RELIGIOUS discussions and GENERAL POLITICAL discussions.

If you also look at the ATS FORUM INDEX PAGE, you'll notice that although most of the topics are conspiracy-based, we have several forums that also involve the alternative. Psychology and Metaphysics, Paranormal, Ancient Civilizations, Cryptozoology, News & Current Events, Sci-Tech, etc. So it makes little sense for someone to be upset about the discussion of religious topics that are not conspiracy based when ATS' theme is not only conspiracies but also alternative or mysterious topics. Religion would be included.

For those that have a problem with certain topics, I'd suggest unsubscribing from the forums where you are likely to come across those discussions. For instance, if you want to avoid religious discussions, then you might want to stay away from the following forums: BTS Faith, CIR, Origins & Creationism, and Prophecies and Predictions. That way you can try to avoid the topics you have absolutely no interest in (? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ETC.) while others who find interest in the topics can still discuss them.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
reply to post by TaraLou

Religion is DEFINITELY a mystery, and a vast resource of juicy conspiracies.

So why are the nutters posting up threads like this -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

... in which there is absolutely no conspiratorial value.

I'm all FOR investigating the unknown, and understanding how religion constributes to conspiracy. But most of the (usually) Christian subjective matter threads look like Bible Studies or sermons from preachers - with very little useful conspiracy theory discussion in them. Is there nothing that can be done to curtail this plague?

Parallex.

P.S. May I also add, the thread shown above is BLATANTLY a cover for religious missionary work. They've tried to dress it up as a conspiratorial post, yet the holes are so obvious it hurts.

Now see there are two sides to every story... Read this:

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

Why are so many people soo anti christian?

This is what I see. I see threads about many different subjects. Hundreds of subjects. In politics things get heated. On sports teams things get heated.
But when it comes to christianity....

I see hatred, dripping wet with venom. Why? This is not a 'hate christ' forum. Christianity is not the largest religion, nor does it have the worst human rights record in the media...it has nothing that should put it at the top of your hate list.

1.) Why do so many here feel the need to continually make topics bashing the beliefs of christians.... when the topic is clearly not conspiracy related??

2.) Why do people feel the need to bust in on a topic and hijack/change it by attacking a person or their beliefs, posting the christian POV on that topic?

(look at seapeoples post history for an example)

3.) Doesnt the sheer weight of the trend in this forum show you that there is clearly some larger movement , possibly lead by a conspiracy, ...whos goal is anti-christian?

Sound familiar (except opposite)???? Obviously, there are those that believe that the bashing IS the conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Is ATS worried about clamping down on the nutters because they form a disturbingly sizeable part of the 'active' community? Or that maybe ATS will receive bad press in the U.S?

Perhaps we should have a thread to define the term "nutters" and come to a conclusion of whether or not the term is relative. I know a lot of people that would actually see you yourself as the nutter ...... its all relative.

Religion is an awesome topic to debate and you should come to terms that the majority of folks on this planet either believe in a God or have experienced God. If it bothers you so much then just don't click on this threads, easy as that.

<< 1   >>

join