It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny nano-electromagnets turn a cloak of invisibility into a possibility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Tiny nano-electromagnets turn a cloak of invisibility into a possibility

blacklistednews.com

This breakthrough is of major importance in the quest for magnetic 'meta-materials' with which light rays can be deflected in every possible direction. This could make it possible to produce perfect lenses and, in the fullness of time, even 'invisibility cloaks'.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
How is it that things that would have origionally been though of as impossible or science fiction are all taking place. Cloaking, plasma cannons, free energy etc? The answer is the fact that we are reaching a new era. You just have to look back 20 years as to what technology we had then. Even 10 years ago we didnt have half of what we have now.

blacklistednews.com

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by enca78

This does sound coo. Good post. i would not hold your breath for the invisibility cloak. Many times some article has said something was possible and it never happens. I will say I bet many cool things will be able to be done with this.
S and F

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by enca78

This sounds more like an interesting way to reflect light rather than cloaking. They are not the same. If you can manipulate the light to project an image behind an object, then that would be invisibility. That's a whole level more of difficulty, so I wouldn't start saving up for it yet.

I wonder if this tech could be used in improving optics like affordable atmospheric distortion correction in telescopes. That would be cool.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by enca78

How is it that things that would have origionally been though of as impossible or science fiction are all taking place. Cloaking, plasma cannons, free energy etc? The answer is the fact that we are reaching a new era. You just have to look back 20 years as to what technology we had then. Even 10 years ago we didnt have half of what we have now.

blacklistednews.com

perhaps also, the answer could be, the imagination is not unreal. it is unreali-ised.

Quite different, finally science is seeing the world the way I do.

Abductee

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
As far as cloaking goes! I'm sure there's lots of tech out there we are unaware of in its application. I'm looking for the virtual "leader" to show up next.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
this sounds more like a ufo;
or hologram display technology

[edit on 30-12-2009 by DjSharperimage]

new topics

top topics

join