It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Greetings all, I am one of the newest members of ATS and therefore I'd like to share a bit about myself.

My name is Cole, I live in Edmonton, AB, Canada. I am 18 years of age and am currently attending Macewan University in order to obtain my Bachelors of Science degree. I am a very passionate individual when it comes to any topic involving my system of believes. I began my journey through life as any other normal kid. I went to a catholic high school, although my family never practiced the faith. I soon realized that religion was a very sore topic for me and each day I lost an ounce of respect for it.

I consider myself an intelligent and very open-minded individual. I will not tell someone that their beliefs are incorrect, yet I strongly encourage others to be open-minded as well. I do not agree with the concept of religion, although it may have served an important purpose at the beginning of our evolution, I feel that religion is only now halting us from progressing as a species, and that it often encourages a closed-minded point of view. I usually take a very logical approach to questions of faith such as if there is a god. I am an agnostic person, I do not deny the existence of a deity that may have created the universe, but I don't believe that it has had any further influence after wards.

Another topic of interest for me is extraterrestrials. I believe that there are either one or many species of extraterrestrials that have had contact with humans, possibly for thousands of years. I feel it's very ignorant and illogical to believe that we are the only intelligent life in this universe. That being said the mounds of evidence can not be taken lightly. No i do not think that they have truly cruel and malicious intentions, I see that as a characteristic of more primitive civilizations as our own. Perhaps we may interpret them at times as cruel (I.e abductions) yet it may simply be an issue of misunderstanding their species. At least I hope that there aren't intelligent creatures out there bent on destroying humanity
. I personally believe that disclosure will happen in my lifetime (and rather soon at that), and I am ECSTATIC. I can not wait for the day.

The universe is a beautiful place and we have only begun to touch on it's vast and endless amounts of mysteries. I hope to have many discussions with other open-minded individuals on topics such as these.

One love.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by WhatAmI]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Welcome To ATS!

Looking forward to your contributions...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatAmI

Welcome WhatAmI..

I agree with everything that you said...I think we will get along just fine...

I added you to my friends list...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hey, welcome to ATS...GREAT intro thread....

I am glad you joined and look forward to your contributions to the site!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Look forward to conversing with many of you!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hi I am also a new member of ATS. Welcome to the forums. This place is so much nicer than any of the other conspiracy boards.

new topics

top topics

join