It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take The Blue Pill!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Please what is the difference between this `blue pill` versus the `red pill`. I forgot! And why not try the `purple (combination of blue and red) pill`, if any?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I would like to give you a friendly reminder that you are not actually God, And probably not even a farmer.

LOL well thanks for pointing that out, friend. I have no desire to be either to be honest with you. I was trying to make an analogy between God's alleged gift of free will to his creations. It was not the most fitting example, all I could think of at the time. But I think the arguments do stand up still.

May I ask you this: do you believe that God as described in modern religion is an all-powerful, knowledgeable, merciful etc. being whose greatness is beyond our comprehension? If you do, then I want you to honestly address this question inside yourself.

Why did God give humans Free Will when he knew many - probably most - of them would not follow his ways and would end up suffering or making others suffer?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
All I know is "you have to serve somebody" when you make the conscious decision to obey God, you cease being subject to those forces that would influence you in a subversive manner.

We have the opportunity to have genuine love for our creator.

P.S. Probably best to not be taking any pills really, stick with whole foods.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Or perhaps

Neo = AntiChrist
Morpheus = False Prophet
Zion = Hell
Agent Smith = Christians
Trinity = Gnostic Aeon
Architect = God/Jesus/Holy Spirit

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

That's nice and all, But what's to say that it's not something closer to the following?

Neo = Christ
Morpheus = Prophet
Zion = Zion (Read about it in Isaiah 64th to 66th chapters)
Agent Smith = Judas Iscariot
Trinity = Disciple
Architect = Satan (If you notice, he tempts Neo three times in that scene of the movie).

I'm not saying it necessarily is as listed above, but it'd be nice if you'd at least explain your reasoning as to why you believe it to be the way you wrote it.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

uh... God created pain, suffering, death, the devil, evil, and the fall of humanity. He himself has the only power to stop the devil... but doesn't until everyone dies (revelation.) He had his own son nailed to a cross so the rest of his children would feel guilty. Oh, and he also won't let us go to heaven unless we do everything he says ...and the reason we have to earn to go back to heaven is because of something two incest-loving people did over 6000 years ago. Then he said we have to follow the savior in armagedan back to heaven and if we stay we'll go to hell. Then he also said the devil will pretend to be the savior and if we follow the devil we go to hell. Yeah, God works in mysterious ways.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Aside from that first line, the rest is a bit twisted.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

sorry, it's my fault. i just got a bit angry and took it out on you, so i deeply apologize. as you can tell, i'm not christian, i'm buddhist and i get a little agitated when someone indirectly forces their religion/ beliefs on a group of people. but i understand what you're implying so i'm sorry if i got carried away.

[edit on 1/6/10 by ohsnaptruth]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Hmm... maybe I shouldn't post in this thread.

Nonetheless, I have to say, what you're saying is based simply on your perception and opinion of the movie. I think it can be flipped the other way around, personally.

To be "free" in God, is to really be a prisoner. You can't do this and that, and you're in danger of eternal flames if you do. You must accept Jesus, or you burn forever. I, as a parent, would never say to my children, "Love me, or I'm going to punish you!" It's ridiculous. Religion does no good in my opinion.

So just to clarify... I disagree with your opinion of the meaning of this movie.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
. I, as a parent, would never say to my children, "Love me, or I'm going to punish you!" It's ridiculous.

Precisely, but as a parent if a stranger hurt your child you would want that person to be punished.

God disciplines his own children but he does not punish them.

Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Excuse me. Satan, and by some sources one third of the angels, CHOSE to disobey Jehovah. They did have free will or they could not have chosen. God just doesn't give them a second chance.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

What instructions did he give you from the matrix to download information? Just curious cause I Have seen and enjoyed all the movies but don't see how the matrix can teach one to download. I do see the concepts of Buddhism and some other esoteric concepts unless that is what you are talking about.

Having said that how do you know these demons were real and not just your own ego trying to scare you off from enlightenment that would eventually destroy said ego?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Epsilon5

Explanation: One reason that its not closer to the list you put forward as an example would be that your reasons for the Architech = Satan i.e. tempting Neo thrice! are not congruent with scripture!

Why???

Because Jesus SAYS SO explicitly in the LORD's Prayer!

Matthew chpt 6 vrs 13 [blueletterbible.org]

Mat 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Luke chpt 11 vrs 4 [blueletterbible.org]

Luk 11:4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Personal Disclosure: Aside from that I fully agree that it helps when members explain the why's from thier POV! St*r for you!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Obama suggests you take the blue pill...by giving up the things that don't make you healthier...He's so miserable since he had to give up smoking he's wanting to make everone else just as miserable...lol

I find it interesting to use the search feature and see the mood & thoughts of others from the past and then review where we are today with the issue...Interesting stuff.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

The problem with demons is that they are "imaginary" !!.

Dude under normal circumstances any individual claiming these experiences would be best advised to get a check up from the neck up.

Buffy was a TV show not real !

Looking up your profile, and your post comments and topics, your a perfect justification for all the past and future intolerance that was shown and will be shown again to atheist's.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining
theater.goodfight.org...

Matrix Code

Neo = AntiChrist
Morpheus = False Prophet
Zion = Hell
Agent Smith = Jesus
Trinity = Gnostic Aeon
Architect = God

You are forgetting someone