It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chronology of Creation in the Bible... it doesn't start in Genesis!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

I was mispoken when I said, "I guess they were affraid of being honored or worshiped."

I know they knew better. They are perfect and the creator completely trusted them with the important task. They knew the right course of action by not telling their name to the certain individuals. God is the one that should be glorified and not the messenger. My bad.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by valiant
we create enough evil ourselve's without the aid of lucifer!

We are here people.

People Love Nature.

Nature love people.

If we can create the evil ourselves, can we not create the evil ourselves?

To me that is the question.

Will people live forwards
Will people die backwards
will people be evil

A person has choice, therefore what happens after a choice is a result of that choice.

What choice will a person make? Not how will someone bail us out.

How will we fix our own problems ourselves!

Mah Ha Bone What, a person that thinks!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Coemgen

Interesting perspective. I think you are right, we need to take responsibility for our actions instead of asking to be bailed out.....

LISTEN UP US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Solofront

or perhaps simply during creation of man and possibly dinosaurs together (maybe) there were possibly like a sheet of ice completely surrounding the earth that could contain the atmosphere of earth and have it pressurised so that it would be like a hyperbolic, hydroponic, biodome in which the ice shield could have possibly blocked out the radiation from the sky, and think about it - it could help explain why dinosaurs are so large (if they're in a family related to other reptiles), why giants existed in the world, and why pre-flood man could live up to 900 years. just a thought

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SlapBassist531

Man and dinosaurs never, ever lived at the same time. How would that ice crust form, how would it stay up there, and why wouldn't it melt?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
A disadvantage of a " soul " in the existence of a dinosaur:

Often dinosaurs are violent and non communicable; notably they also eat their own flesh.

An advantage of a " soul " in the existence of a

homo sapien sapien

Human

Person
I cannot say

I think we have culture and many other intellectual facets that were not available in the age of the dinosaur.

This might sound awkward;

Do you remember?

I remember.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Coemgen

Only problem with your theory is that a "soul" as you put it simply means "breath".... in this case, the Breath of Life given to every living being. God breathed the "breath of life" into Adam and Adam became a living soul. The same hebrew word for "soul" in humans is used for other animals in Genesis but is translated "creature" or "life."

Humans have no spirit that separates from body when they die. They die, await their resurrection (1st or 2nd depending on your acceptance of Christ) and if partaking in the Family of God, you transfigure or transform into a spirit being. Jesus, for instance, was dead/lifeless when He was taken from the cross and put into the tomb. 3 days and 3 nights later, His entire body was gone. That's because His body was transfigured into spirit.

The only difference between humans and other animals is that we have a concience which helps us identify good and bad choices. The concience is what is used by God or Satan to sway people one way or the other. A wise man will listen to the "God" side of their concience. A foolish man will listen to the "Satan" side of their concience.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
So there are more than seven ages of man according
to Velikovsky.

www.varchive.org...

In the Beginning, the story of the catastrophes that preceded those
described in Worlds in Collision.

The Dark Age of Greece, a critical examination of the mysterious gap of
close to five centuries thought to follow the Mycenaean civilization.

The Assyrian Conquest, a volume in the Ages in Chaos series, covering the
period from the end of the Amarna Period to the time of Ramses II.

Collected Essays, comprising articles and fragmentary manuscripts such as
Shamir, The Secret of Baalbek, Sinai and Olympus, Test of Time, The Orbit
and the ‘Observer’ editorials.

Looks like the first four are discussed here:
www.varchive.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Can you please elaborate on this and give dates for these ages? I'm quite curious.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I didn't read every post in this thread, so what I'm about to bring up may have already been brought up.

First, the Bible can be interpreted many ways, which can be seen in this thread. It depends on the person reading it as to what understanding will come of it. That's why there are so many different beliefs and denominations within christianity itself. It's all so vague. Isn't that nice?

Next, if there was a first creation, then a re-creation as in the way I understood the OP: were the sun, moon, and stars also re-created? In Genesis they were created on the 4th day. Or were they not part of the original creation? If they weren't part of the original creation, how did any life survive on earth? If they were re-created, why were they re-created? What was wrong with the sun, moon, and stars in the original creation?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Can you please elaborate on this and give dates for these ages? I'm quite curious.

I can't tell you as the varchive does not elaborate.
Perhaps the oldest date in the Velikovsky vocabulary in 10,000 years.
I know no one is interested or speaks of it as they have grand plans
of unrecorded history to tell us.
Apparently God was shaping our world, Earth, as our ancestors were
watching. Thus Velikovsky has world wide observers.

From ancient traditions and later texts and present day authors the
planet Saturn exploded and caused the deluge.
This took 7 days from bright light to The Flood arrival, so it is written.
On the 17 of the second month if I recall right.
More oxygen was in the air before as perhaps helped the Giants live
easier. So do not think he dated the Deluge but might if you get
one of the passages in the varchive.

I know Velikovsky disobeys the laws of physics as we know them.

Next was the tower of babel and a Mercury connection or appearance.
To me as one reason for the tower was to avoid the next flood and
preserve their lives even though Noe had it from God there would not
be another Deluge. The disruption of languages might have been the
creation of symbols and writing to avoid committing to memory and
the loss of togetherness. Each peoples started their own language.

Can't recall the other ages but the Exodus with comet Venus might
be another Velikovsky fixes around -1500 pre A.D. And somehow
includes Mars abound -800 and -600 or so as causing well documented
Earth disasters according to Velikovsky.

PART I: THE EARLY AGES

PART II: SATURN AND THE FLOOD

PART III: MERCURY AND MEMORY

PART IV: JUPITER OF THE THUNDERBOLT

from
www.varchive.org...
are 4 ages.
Jupiter apparently caused Sodom and Gomorrah and the
Great Rift.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

From the original post:

Isaiah 14:12-14 "How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, you who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart: 'I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God . . . I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High'"

In the time of Isaiah was far removed from Genesis and after Exodus
when comet Venus twisted the Earth. Which is why Isaiah knows about
disasters. Lucifer was the Venus comet which settled as the Morning
Star which some American Indians had periodic awareness to make
offerings to avoid any more deaths since the last contact.

Mars seems to be an object of concern according to the Velikovsky
theories during Isaiah arriving at the birth and death of the founder
of Rome. So when Isaiah warns of impending disaster either the
human forces have changed or Mars might have worked something
of eventful note.

O Lucifer, son of the morning!
seems to mean the new arrival Venus had settled into
orbit after Mercury in the scheme of things Velikovsky.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

From the original post:

The Bible explains that Satan retains his authority over this planet. Notice what Satan told

The hand of God and the good angles shaped the Earth according to
the accounts of man versed by Velikovsky.
Since the Christ, Earth has had no more Cosmic disasters, unless
Velikovsky hadn't noticed.
Some peoples on Earth might still be shaking from the pre A.D.
times but they just don't know any better.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
And does Planet X and 2012 figure into all this?

www.ufodigest.com...–-ufos

"What is Planet X. And what does it have to do with 2012? And UFOs?
The mainstream (owned and controlled) media seldom mentions these subjects in any meaningful way. In fact, they are often treated in a very derogatory manner by debunkers and skeptics.
Fortunately freedom of speech, and the freedom to speculate, is still possible on the Internet, and when it comes to Planet X, 2012 and UFOs, there is plenty of both around.
So let's try some speculation and see what comes up.........."

"UFO in China Closes Airport and Prompts Investigation - ABC News
Jul 14, 2010 ... An unidentified flying object (UFO) forced Xiaoshan Airport in Hangzhou, China to cease operations on July 7. A flight crew preparing for ..."
abcnews.go.com/International/ufo-china-closes-airport-prompts.../story?id...

edit on 7-10-2010 by yonah34 because: adding

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

So Yahweh/Jesus/The Holy Spirit(Ghost), in his/it/their infinite wisdom decided to jumble up the story for no apparent reason, release the bits hundreds of years apart, sneak some of it into a song, have multiple authors write the jumbled lines, and not provide any way to piece them together?

Wow, he/it/they have no sense of storytelling at all. Let alone factual accuracy.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

dude, amaaaazing. star and flag. you should send this to some biblical scholars, this might have the workings of a real paper. get some opinions on it and think about publishing this theory somewhere.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

With regards to the OP, it is not merely nonsense.

It is laughable nonsense.

The number of people alive who understand what is going on in Genesis Chapter 3 is probably several orders ot magnitude less than the number of those who claim to understand what that symbolism means.

The "serpent" (or the "dragon" in the Revelation of John) symbolizes the 'movement' of self-reflection.

The "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" (the "beast of the sea" in the Revelation of John) symbolizes the "self".

The "fig leaves" (the "beast of the earth" in the Revelation of John) that Adam and Eve use to cover their nakedness refer to thoughts of the 'thinker' which originate in fear.

This is the meaning of Saying # 37 in the Gospel of Thomas, which is why it is considered an heretical Gospel by the Roman church, whose religious 'authorities' do not have a clue as to the symbolism of Genesis 3.

Michael

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by yonah34

Hi. Thanks for your input. I am a skeptical observer of the whole 2012 prophecy. I mean, even NASA claims a massive solar storm will wipe out our grid in 2012. Planet X/NIbiru is a very far-fetched idea though I wouldn't completely pass it as a farce.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Sorry about your misunderstanding of the word, but

Lucifer walked in the Garden of Eden before he fell from the Glory of God from his pride

Ezek.28

[13] Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
[14] Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
[15] Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
[16] By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

Satan was created to bring the praise from earth to God and sing before the throne, but his pride covetness brought him down.

The Angelic fall was not before the creation of man, but after, probably around a 100 years after. Satan was jealous of God's creation man.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Pretty inspiring! It makes you think between the lines... And now I'm motivated to go buy the Reese Chronological Bible.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join