It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wants answers after botched terror attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Obama wants answers after botched terror attack

hosted.ap.org

President Barack Obama said Tuesday that the intelligence community had bits of information that should have been pieced together that would have triggered "red flags" and possibly prevented the Christmas Day attempted terror attack on a Detroit-bound airliner.

The New York Times reported Tuesday that the government had intelligence from Yemen before Christmas that leaders of a branch of al-Qaida there were talking about "a Nigerian" being prepared for a terrorist attack. The newspaper said the information did not include the name of the Nigerian.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.rnw.nl
www.rnw.nl

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 12/30/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This should not shock anyone. Securing the global transportation system in light of the current terrorist threat is impossible.

They will continue to develop methods to beat our security systems. They are actively looking to find ways to beat not only the current systems in place, but the new body scan ones as well. Face it. They can not be stopped if we look to catch them in the act, not every time.

What I don't understand is why there is a "watch list" at all. If we are concerned that there are folks who represent a significant security risk that they should not be permitted to board an airplane, why don't we simply kill them? Why should we be closing GITMO when in reality we should be rounding these folks and putting them in a place far more harsh than GITMO.

Why do we even allow people, regardless of who they are to fly here from Yemen, Nigeria, Somalia and any of these other hell holes where these folks come from? Why are we admitting folks from these countrys into the US to study at our universitys?

Oh I understand all of the PC bs, but this has to stop and in order to do it we need to get some stones and be willing to piss a whole lot of folks off.

I guess that I don't really give a rat's ass who we offend at this point.

There is no way to stop them unless you stop them from breathing.

hosted.ap.org

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 12/30/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Obama: US intel had info ahead of airliner attack

hosted.ap.org

President Barack Obama said Tuesday that the intelligence community had bits of information that should have been pieced together that would have triggered "red flags" and possibly prevented the Christmas Day attempted terror attack on a Detroit-bound airliner.

The New York Times reported Tuesday that the government had intelligence from Yemen before Christmas that leaders of a branch of al-Qaida there were talking about "a Nigerian" being prepared for a terrorist attack. The newspaper said the information did not include the name of the Nigerian.

Related News Links:
www.rnw.nl
www.rnw.nl

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Is Obama being honest????

Heads are going to explode on Fox News.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I can't believe people like you exist with this black and white mentality? Maybe you need to shut off the TV and take a walk outside. Reality is not what you seem to think it is. I mean really what do you want to kill all the Brown people?

Also this "attack" seems a little convenient if you want my opinion.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by AreaMan]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

This is wrong on a lot of levels - but I will just point out your biggest error IMO.

If we do not allow flights from those countries, fine, but who says they cannot go to Spain to jump on a plane?

Wait, maybe we should just not allow anyone else in this country ever again then we can all dig a hole and put our heads in the sand? We should be safe there from anymore Nigerian/CIA/Mossad/Boogeyman threats.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AreaMan

I'm not looking to "kill all of the brown people". Actually, there are more Muslims in SouthEast Asia than in Africa or the Middle East. This is not a racial thing. This is an ideological thing.

If the methodology is proper and there are folks who for what ever criteria are deemed too dangerous to be allowed to be on commercial airlines, why are they not locked up? If a gent goes to Pakistan and trains in a terror camp and then runs back home to Yemen and begins to recruit terrorists, why is he not locked up or taken out?

As far as the black and white business goes, you are absolutely correct. Since the people in Yemen won't round up this filth on their own, we should discriminate - yes, discriminate against all Yemenis. Their failure to stand up to the cancer in their own society makes them complicit.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

He was NOT deemed unfit to fly, he was just on a terror list. I wonder who conveniently left him off the NO FLY list?

[edit on 30-12-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Glad to see you're far more reasonable than I incorrectly inferred from the first post.

I completely agree that we should close off our borders and monitor all "foreigners"(from all countries of course) I'm more of an isolationist if you will. I also think that if we just enforced our already on the books laws things like this would not happen(He was on the FBI watch list and had no pass port for christ sake!)

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

'What I don't understand is why there is a "watch list" at all. If we are concerned that there are folks who represent a significant security risk that they should not be permitted to board an airplane, why don't we simply kill them?'

Yes by all means let's kill all suspect people. We wouldn't even have to bother with Gitmo. Only problem with that is the fluctuating definition of 'suspect', 'terrorist' and 'enemy' - which are sometimes a touch subjective, wouldn't you say?. Any of us could one day be labelled an 'enemy of the state'. In which case I'm assuming you would go happily into oblivion. All for the greater good of course...

As for the failure of the system in this case, I really don't buy it. To err is human. It is also sometimes deliberate.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
the guy was assisted on the plan by the CIA, this is nothing more than a PRS issue, the governments are trying to gain more of your freedom and the will get it. This is no different from 9/11, and 7/7, the governments knew about it before hand, it is part of the plan to take away your freedom, we in the UK, are already done for, most people here sit in front of their TV and believe just about everything that is said, its time for people to be waking up dont you think?

Besides, you cant go tarring people with the same brush, not every person living in the middle ease or Africa is a terrorist, most of them want a peaceful life the same as we do, The biggest terrorists here are the UK, and US governments, CIA, CI5 and others like that. they are the ones committing the acts of terror and our government knows it.

I'm just waiting to see the line they will use to justify the attack on Iran, because that one is coming very soon.

new topics

top topics

join