It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Stag Photograph

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Hi all,

This is my first thread so please be gentle

I came across this article and thought i would share this with you all. I have never really heard of this mythical white stag however based on the article the myth is also in the King Arthur legend.
King Arthur Legend

Here is the article
White Stag

This new find seems to be ok but the quote below explains its possible fate.
Speaking of the last known white stag.

It was decapitated and its 300lb carcase found hanging from a tree in a yard.It is thought the stag's head, along with its antlers, had been claimed as a trophy and could be mounted and possibly sold for thousands of pounds.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Sorry i forgot to assign this thread to a specific section, can one of the mods please move it?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Good first thread. It was an interesting read. I think its no so much mythical and magical as it is just plain rare. Its simply an albino. Every species has them. I read about an albino dolphin down by texas a few months ago too.

Its just sad what happened to that one, especially after all the trouble they went through to keep it hidden and safe. Some people really make me sick.

The first pic in that article looked fake, almost like a toy. But after further reading you can tell its legit. Just rare, thats all. Though I would like to see the antlers turn into a cross and the thing disappear. That would be pretty cool..lol

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by spliff4020

Thanks for you comment, Love the avatar

Though I would like to see the antlers turn into a cross and the thing disappear.

Haha

Yeah its a shame people will be hunting it but at the same time its good to see people trying to keep it safe by keeping the location hush hush.
Balance of the world i suppose

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
So, they just killed that beautiful creature & left its carcass to rot? What a shame.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
You can almost imagine the conversation.

"Look Da! a white Stag, aint' it a beauty!"
"Quiet son, or 'ill spook ye!"
"Sure ye'll not be shootin' it?"
"These's thousands of pounds in that head I wager"
"But it's a legend Da!"
"Yur been wantin' that new bike for christmas or what?"
"Fer sure! but do we haf ta carry the whole beast oot the forest?"
"Na' just the 'ead son"

BANG

top topics

join