It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what movies would you like to see (re)made?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Flight of the Navigator was a favorite as a kid. I wore the tape out.

I would love to see that one redone.

I think that movie was under appreciated.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mvirata
They are already remaking Red Dawn. Not sure if I'd be up for a clockwork orange remake though, the original was too classic.

Flash, aahhhh ahhhhh.

Who is making it?
When?
Details please...!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like Red Dawk remake as well as the "Voyage of Sinbad" originals remade!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
COURAGE FUYONS (1979)
Staggeringly funny film with Catherine Deneuve about a woman who falls in love with a man whose family have always been extreme cowards. The scene where he smashes up his own car to keep the rioting students happy has to been seen. At the end, she marries him in secret so as to keep it quiet from her boyfriend. Only 12 known VHS copies known to exist in the world - (I own one - it cost several hundred dollars)

THE CAMERAMAN (1928)
Utter hoot and highly original movie with ingenious stunts by Buster Keaton.

OH MR PORTER (1937)
A lowly wheeltapper is promoted to run a small branch line in the boonies where the local railroad staff are all utterly corrupt. Worse, he finds that his promotion is the result of all the previous occupants of his post going mad as a result of a local ghost, behind which turns out to be a gunrunning operation. Stunningly funny, and well remembered with the quote of "Next train's gone".

STINGRAY (1964)
The first all colour TV series in the UK crying out to become a big budget movie.

KIND HEARTS AND CORONETS (1946)
Arguably the finest film of Alec Guiness (Obi Won Kenobi). A comedy in which the hero is a serial killer who liquidates each member of his family (all played by ALec Guiness - both make and females) in order to inherit the title of Duke of Chalfont.

THE GENERAL (1926)
Another hoot by Buter Keaton. A civil war drama/comedy done on the railroads.

IVOR THE ENGINE (1958)
Cult TV animation series about a small steam engine on a tiny line in North Wales that sings in the choir and has a pet dragon friend called Idris. Beyond charming.

BIG BUSINESS (1929)
Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy comedy. The two as traveling salesmen become embroiled in a argument with a local householder. The dispute slowly escalates until Stan and Ollie are systematically utterly wrecking the man's house whilst he systematically totally trashes they truck as bystanders and the Police look on.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by aristocrat2]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
We need a Day of the Triffids movie done properly.

That is all.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I would like to see a remake of the original Alice in Wonderland--perhaps done by Tim Burton? I just saw the new one, which was actually a sort of a sequel, so I think he should remake the original as well.

I would like to see Eragon redone by Peter Jackson. I LOVED the book, but the movie was AWFUL.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
What movies would you love to see sparkle on the big screen?? Old concepts that never got adopted, or a new way to see an old movie?

5.) More WaterWorld!!! And this time - get a better marketing staff...this is one of the greatest movies of all time

Totally agreed, LOVED it!

11.) Back to the Future. How i would weep to see the entire cast back for one more hoorah.

Back to the Future 4: 2012

Sorry I just had to, but seriously I'd love if they could get the cast back together to do a 4th movie, but poor M.J.F. is not able too

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Death Note!

The anime series and the Japanese films are one of my favorite things ever!

I have heard rumors of an American version and I can't wait!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Flight of the Navigator was a favorite as a kid. I wore the tape out.

I would love to see that one redone.

I think that movie was under appreciated.

That was a great movie...and had some interesting qualities that conform to some of the documented detailed accounts of actual craft encounters. (such as no seams, shape-changing, quiet hover, door that appears, etc.) Could have done without the Pee-Wee impression....

"Compliance..."

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Your right, now that I think of it. IN fact I was watching a UFO show the other day about deconstructing and it just like the scene of the ship out of the hanger. Gave me a flashback to the movie.
But it does seem to be a more realistic abduction.

That child actor does this movie and then goes "poof" and never does anything again. It is so strange.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hollywood must have seen this thread and wet it's pants because a lot of these films mentioned are already in the remake process:

Roger Rabbit 2 (TBA)
Mad Max: Fury Road (TBA) (Likely No Mel Gibson)
National Lampoon's Vacation Remake (TBA) (Chevy Chase as Grandpa Griswald)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2011) (Live-Action Remake)
Conan (2010) (No Schwarzenegger)
Short Circuit Remake (TBA)
Highlander Remake (TBA)
Thundercats (TBA)
Red Dawn (November 26, 2010)
They Live Remake (TBA)
Logan's Run Remake (TBA)
Flash Gordon (TBA)
Robocop (2010?) (Aronofsky directing!)
Spawn Remake (TBA)
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (TBA)
Ghostbusters 3 (TBA) (Gazrok's Reitman, Aykroyd, Murray collab..
)

And in case you're unaware:

Tron Legacy (December 17, 2010) (Teaser trailer is already available)

Personally, I'd like to see a new Star Wars trilogy with a new director and writer at the wheel. I hate to say it, but I love Star Wars whenever George Lucas isn't involved with it.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Sequels to :

ET
Close encounters of the third kind
War of the worlds
The whole 9 yards and The whole ten yards

Probly dozens and dozens I cant think of.

Many more movies based on Terry Prattchett's books for sure!

[edit on 18-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

The Death of Superman. They made this into a 'cartoon movie' but oh man, i would simply die if they could redo this in the style of the new batman movies with Doomsday

That would be amazing

Although I think, some films should be left alone...

Jaws... Star Wars... etc... These films are classics that can still be enjoyed today and, were made to such a high standard, would prove very very difficult to improve upon!!

Problem with remaking films is Hollywood often thinks that to improve a film simply means bigger explosions, more hype, more effects and more extreme... this in my opinion often takes away the essence of the original and makes them less believable!!

Just my opinion

However, if i had to pick, I would like to see...

West World/future world
A Bridge to far
Soylent Green
War Games
The Battle of Britain

As for "The Big Lebowski"... Leave it alone... some things are precious because of their uniqueness!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I would like to see some live action movies made in Japan of Akira and Ghost in the shell.

I am curious how the movie Hyperion will be since Dan Simmons himself is involved.

www.imdb.com...

If it is even close to depicting the book it will be amazing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join