It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Theory on the Big Bang, Genesis Creation, and Re-creation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Well, time sure does exist because I get older every day. How do you explain "age"? Age has to do with time. Time involves a starting point and and ending point. Time may be endless as we know it but it began somewhere.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
reply to post by sirnex

Well, time sure does exist because I get older every day. How do you explain "age"? Age has to do with time. Time involves a starting point and and ending point. Time may be endless as we know it but it began somewhere.

Can you please explain how your equating a physical process of change with a fundamental constant of time as is proposed by Einstein?

We have nothing that measure's "time", not even a clock measures "time". Think real hard about it, google it, keep on top of current knowledge.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

We may not know the starting point, but time (as we know it) surely exists. Time is measured by us through the rotations of earth on it's axis and earth circling the sun. What is it called when someone gets older? To be old means you were once new. Something old has been around longer. How is that not time?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

Yes, I believe that a great "spiritual battle" took place before the advent of humankind. I also believe that the battle was widespread and not confined to the earth itself...
I can't say that I fully agree with your timeline for the human race though.
I think the human race goes back much further than 6,000 years.
It's been said that the Great Pyramid was built in 10,000 BC.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I personally don't believe in the duality of Satan and God, but I believe in God, without the Christian sense. The origin must have come from God in one way, just the details are befuddling. Aristotle and Siddhartha Gautama (The Buddha) argued that the universe has no beginning nor will it end. It's something that science, metaphysics, and philosophy will reach together.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lacenaire

The 6,000 year scenario is that of the Jewish calendar. On the Jewish calendar, mankind is on this planet for a total of 7,000 years before the new heaven and new earth occur after judgement. We are at the 6,000 year level right now. The last 1,000 years is the mellenial reign of Christ on earth. After the rule of Christ on earth, the "Great White Throne Judgement" occurs which involves the 2nd resurrection.... that of ALL of humankind beyond the "elect saints" of the first resurrection. This massive collection of people will have their genuine opportunity to repent before God Himself in order to receive the gift of everlasting life or deny God and receive permanent death in the lake of fire. A 2nd death if you will (revelation 20-21).

Anywho, that's where I get the 6,000 year timeline for mankind. Thank you for your post though. I'm glad I can explain myself through your concerns. God bless you.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

reply to post by sirnex

We may not know the starting point, but time (as we know it) surely exists. Time is measured by us through the rotations of earth on it's axis and earth circling the sun. What is it called when someone gets older? To be old means you were once new. Something old has been around longer. How is that not time?

Time as a fundamental force/dimension has never been measured. We measure the rotation of Earth around the Sun and apply arbitrary units of measurements called Months and Weeks, we break down this arbitrary unit of measurement down further into hours, minutes and seconds. It is akin to throwing one ball at the same force high up in the air and bouncing another ball however many times you wish and calling that a unit of 'time'.

Time as defined by the standard model of physics, as a dimension of travel is no longer being viewed as a valid aspect of science. Just take the time to google "time does not exist" and you'll see what I'm talking about. link

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I hate this mumbo-jumbo science crap about time. You said it... years, months, days, hours minutes, and seconds... what TIME is it? It's 11:52PM... on my watch. TIME EXISTS. I just told you what time it was. Let's not give anyone an anurisum by explaining how time is immesureable or things of that nature. I'm just stating that IF there was a "Big Bang" it had to have been caused by something.... or Someone. And to all christians out there, to let them know that earth is not a mere 6,000 years old. This thread coinsides with my other thread on this board called "Biblical chronology of creation... It didn't start in Genesis."

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

I hate this mumbo-jumbo science crap about time.

What "mumbo-jumbo" crap?

You said it... years, months, days, hours minutes, and seconds... what TIME is it? It's 11:52PM... on my watch.

That is not a measurement of time, it's a measurement of the relative position of the Earth's rotation around the sun.

TIME EXISTS.

Current research suggests that this is not true. Did you not read the link or attempt to google it in order to learn something new?

I just told you what time it was.

No, you told me what numbers the hands on your watch were pointed at in relation to the Earth's rotation around the sun.

Let's not give anyone an anurisum by explaining how time is immesureable or things of that nature.

Are you saying that this is too hard of a concept for you to understand, hence the infantile arguments of your notion of what time is?

I'm just stating that IF there was a "Big Bang" it had to have been caused by something.... or Someone.

I doubt there was a big bang for a variety of reasons. Regardless of my opinion, on the topic of time, even IF there was a big bang, physicist still say there might be no such thing as time. It's really not that hard to understand if you try or could be bothered to learn more about it. That articles I linked to briefly goes over it. Check it out!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I love these types of topics. You have the same idea i had about two years ago. But my thoughts have changes a lot since then.

Matter as we know it is energy compressed into matter (solids).

If you think of matter and energy. These things always change. We call this change for expansion.
A expansion is the same as pressure reduction, because matter give of energy constantly. Making matter less compressed.

What if the beginning was a perfect compression of space rather then a big bang?

What if existence is expanding back to the state it was before it was compressed (created) into existence.

My personal theory is that existence is a compression of energy.

If you draw a circle. You will always find existence in the middle. If you divide this circle into many pyramids. Were the bottom of the pyramid is infinite space and the pointy end is existence. You can get a image of how existence was created from Zero (time). And by everything.

The bottom of the pyramid is Zero time. The top of the pyramid is present time.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

You still need to ask though, who or what caused that starting point? I get what you're saying though.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

reply to post by spy66

You still need to ask though, who or what caused that starting point? I get what you're saying though.

It was God who started everything. God is the name we have given everything. Everything is the main source.

Existence exists in the middle of everything (space)(God). Existence cant exist out side of everything in a different space. Because there wouldn't be any room to put existence any where else.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

reply to post by spy66

It was God who started everything. God is the name we have given everything. Everything is the main source.

Existence exists in the middle of everything (space)(God). Existence cant exist out side of everything in a different space. Because there wouldn't be any room to put existence any where else.

Okay... so we're on the same page then.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
If God is a straight line without any ends. And on this line you make a pyramid.
The shape of the pyramid illustrate how existence came to be by compression. It starts our wide and gets smaller as Gods energy is compressed into existence (Matter).

If you make this line into a circle. Where the circle illustrate infinite space with everything in it. You have to make the pyramid facing the center of the circle.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

reply to post by spy66

Okay... so we're on the same page then.

Yes we are

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
My thought is:
When Adam and Eve sinned in the garden of Eden. God started a expansion of what he had created. In other words God put a end to our existence by letting things change back to its original form. Meaning matter and energy expanding back to pure energy.

If God is everything surrounding existence. He wouldn't have any problems keeping certain elements (us humans) from expanding (ageing) or dying.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
It is said in the book of Genesis that God created the universe by his word. Has anyone given this a thought? For me it implies that everthing was already imbued with consciousness before the big bang and inadvertantly implies that this was not God first creation. This is logical for me, but yet the bible mentions nothing of this.

Think about it how else could have all the atoms etc have responded to 'Words' unless they themselves were already conscious and had enough inteligence to start the creation process!

[edit on 10-1-2010 by pharaohmoan]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

God just jump-started the process with the atoms and particles. One little spark and BOOM!!!! a big bang of epic proportions. I don't know dude! Some things can not be explained. My explanation is that God did it. When all else fails, blame creation on God. I picked God as creator of the universe before anything and I'm sitting here just watching further explanation of the univers falling flat. I'll stick with God on this.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

reply to post by sirnex

Actually we do have a starting point for time, we have discussed it before, the creation of Jesus Christ. It is the earliest marker we have. Just to throw out a hyperbolic number, a Quadrillion years before the creation of Jesus Christ, God existed alone, no physical universe, no atoms, no matter, just nothing but him. God created time when he created Jesus Christ.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Well, you know where I stand on that one. Jesus existed with the Father before time. When Jesus started creation, that's the beginning of TIME. That's my belief on the subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join