It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invasion of the body snatchers (How to spot the enemy?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Anyone remember a movie called 'Invasion of the body snatchers'?

Here's the plot.

Set in the fictional town of Santa Mira, California (actually shot in Sierra Madre), the plot centers on Dr. Miles Bennell (Kevin McCarthy), a local doctor, who finds a rash of patients accusing their loved ones of being impostors. Another patient is a former sweetheart of his; recent divorcée Becky Driscoll (Dana Wynter), who tells him that her cousin, Wilma, has this same strange fear about Uncle Ira.

Assured at first by the town psychiatrist, Dr. Dan Kaufman (Larry Gates), that the cases are nothing but "epidemic mass hysteria," Bennell soon discovers, with the help of his friend Jack Belicec (King Donovan), that the townspeople are in fact being replaced by perfect physical duplicates, simulations grown from plantlike pods. The Pod People are indistinguishable from normal people, except for their utter lack of emotion. The Pod People work together to secretly spread more pods — which grew from "seeds drifting through space for years" — in order to replace the entire human race.

The film climaxes with Bennell and Driscoll attempting to escape the pod people, intending to warn the rest of humanity. They hide; Driscoll falls asleep and is subverted. With the Pod People close behind, a seemingly crazed Bennell runs onto the highway frantically screaming about the alien force which has overrun Santa Mira to the passing motorists and (in a moment that is considered a breaking of the Fourth Wall) looks into the camera and yells, "They're here already! You're next! You're next!"

en.wikipedia.org...

What if the earth is being slowly colonized by these alien body snatchers?

What if your next?

How do you spot the enemy?

[edit on 29-12-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Then I'll just start a resistance movement and kill of those that were acting suspiciously

[edit on 29-12-2009 by starwarsisreal]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Not being a jerk, but are you serious? Because if you are, then I most certainly believe that it is possible. However, with the current state of the world, I'd say probably not.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

Then I'll just start a resistance movement and kill of those that were acting suspiciously

But how could you be really sure who is the enemy and who isn't?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Actually, there was a recent remake of this movie that starred Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig called "The Invasion". It was an excellent remake and gives new light to the old story.

There is also another similar movie in the comedy genre that was made back in 1988 called "They Live" starring Rowdy Roddy Piper from the old school WWF. If you havent seen either movie yet, they are definitely worth checking out.

As far as your speculation about the story line actually happening, here my thought: If your that bored, why not run for government office? They need more people with an active imagination!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Why you need alien body snatchers when it has been confirmed earth people are snatching body

ATS News 08 - Israeli Body Snatchers - Organ Harvesting Conspiracy Confirmed

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I remember that movie very well. Oh, so scary to me in the way back time. I recall an updated one, too? I'm not sure, there might have been another one, too. Obviously, the way to recognize the body snatchers was to notice how unemotional they were.

The body snatcher films were also similar to another movie about how critters from space latched onto the spinal columns of humans. They were recognized by a small hump in the upper spinal column.

I think we can definitely recognize the aliens who have snatched our bodies, either through the lack of emotion, blank look on faces, or an unusual hump on the upper back.

What scares me the most, though, is aliens snatching my body, and settling in my penis, ouch! And my wife, just amused because suddenly I have a larger penis, becomes infected with the dreaded aliens.

Man, I hope she never falls for that stuff!!!

That is how aliens will take over the Earth! Settling in penises and infecting the women folk.

Any man with a small penis must die!!!

Okay. Okay. I had my fun. Decuct the precious points.

But, I was really, actually, on topic.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

Any man with a small penis must die!!!

Maybe you could clarify the statement for me?

The man with the biggest di*k gets the prettiest women or the man who is the biggest di*k gets the prettiest women?

[edit on 30-12-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Yea we remember that movie, but what? What are you talking about?

This movie is Science Fiction...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac

What are you talking about?

This movie is Science Fiction...

Is it?

new topics

top topics

join