It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panasonic’s New Home Battery Could Store a Week’s-Worth of Electricity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Panasonic is charging into the green space headlong — first with deals to supply batteries for electric and hybrid vehicles — and now announcing that it will launch a massive lithium-ion storage battery capable of powering an average home for up to a week, the company says.

This is significant for two reasons. First, if home batteries like this one become commonplace, renewable sources of energy like rooftop solar and residential turbines could finally take off. The biggest roadblock to their adoption is that they are intermittent; reliable storage is needed to make them effective. Second, if affordable storage is achieved on the home-level, there might be less need for grid-scale storage, which is pricier and harder to accomplish.

This could really make building your own solar set up much more affordable, panels are going down in price, and now with battery technology coming out like this it wont be long before the average person could start getting off the grid.

Panasonic, which says it has already thoroughly tested this technology, plans to bundle its storage device with a home energy monitoring system that would allow users to view how much power they are using and how much it is costing them right on their television displays. This could make the company a major player in the smart grid arena as well.

I look forward to these dropping in price and becoming common place

Source

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Yeah, but after they were common place, and only panasonic has the patent, then we all get gouged. And besides that, there are many other sources of energy that are being kept from us, because they are dirt cheap.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld
And besides that, there are many other sources of energy that are being kept from us, because they are dirt cheap.

Care to show us the "many other sources.... that are dirt cheap"?

No, I did not think so!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

www.youtube.com...

This is a few years old now, where did this end up?

www.popsci.com...

If this is what they are releasing to the public, imagine what the Government uses, and will not give us for 30 or 40 years.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by kingoftheworld]

[edit on 29-12-2009 by kingoftheworld]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld
This is a few years old now, where did this end up?

you can buy them now, but it is not cheap or free energy...
www.ecplaza.net...

www.popsci.com...

very expensive, cheaper larger ones available

If this is what they are releasing to the public, imagine what the Government uses, and will not give us for 30 or 40 years.

You can buy larger ones, but they are very expensive - what part of the "government" do you think uses any better ones?

[edit on 30/12/09 by dereks]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

I wasn't specifically mentioning the blowtorch, but the energy source it uses...WATER! Do you really believe that the only thing they can incorporate this awesome technology into is a blowtorch! No way.

Secondly, I suppose any secret bases that otherwise would use hundreds of billions of dollars in conventional energy (the kind we use) bi-anually, and probably in all (or most) of their gear, and vehicles.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Maybe Panasonic should begin manufacturing automobiles because if this thing claims it can power a home, why not put it through a real test and see how well it does in a vehicle.

Whoops, I forgot about the oil companies.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I am not smart. Okay? Let's get that overwith.
What I'd like is a means to capture all the loosened electricity that leaks from the electric companies' lines and direct it into my house to power my appliances, Lord knows I need some help. 3 teenagers, an up and coming WOW player in the second grade, two daughters and of course, me and the missus, who like to fall asleep watching TV. You know, when you fall asleep with the TV on, you get some really good dreams? Just thought I would mention that.

What I'd really like is a means to capture the energy of trees. Trees that are living and thriving. This method would allow the trees to live, and do their necessary work, but not grow as tall. Why? Because when the get too tall they usually get blown down by strong winds where I live. So funnel this extra energy to my grid. The trees don't get too big. They dont' get blown over, and I reap the rewards!!! Of the energy!!

My dad is simple, just like me. and he said to me, why csn't we reap the benefits of the energy of lightning? I said to him, well, because Mary Shelly would use that energy to create a Frakenstein monster. heh. Pop said, "Now you are fu&^ing with me!" Heh. I said to him, you never heard of Nicolas Tesla? He said, "Who?" I said, hell, he lived in "your time".

Energy from whatever is going on. I don't know how to do it. But I suspect there are people who have the knowledge to do this.

Simple ipod batteries give us power. More energy goes into them than they produce.

Gimme the free energy that the creator used.

You, Tesla wannabe, you need some value for your ideas and work? Okay, I will paint you a painting that will cause you to go WTF? for a couple of years, if you power the lights and heat in the winter, while I paint your painting. I can guarantee you will go
WTF? Can you gaurantee my heat and light in my modest studio for a year?

Bring it, Baby Tesla!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Step A

Put 52 of those in my house.

Step B

Set up a capacitance and resistive circuit that could funnel a huge electrical charge into those batteries.

Step C

Set up a small rocket from my local RC shop and attach a monofilament that is conductive to electricity.

Step D

Launch the rocket once a year in one of the 50 thunderstorms that happen throughout the year.

Step E

Flip the Electric Company the FINGER!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

Hahaha! That video is of some guy getting confused by electrolysis. He's splitting water into hydrogen and oxygen, then burning them, which causes heat and steam. It's not some magical source of energy!

That's what I love about the "the governments have all kinds of secret energy technology they don't want us to have" types - a lack of fundamental science education.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

davesidious: I have spoken with many people who disbelieve that new technologies have been suppressed and I always bring up a few points (and yes, I have the specific patent, and pages from the textbook. This is not fiction.)

There were three 1936 tests by the Ford Motor Co. (Canada) of the Pogue carburetor (U.S. Patent #2,026,798) wherein the worst case test achieved was about 171 MPG.

Also, in the textbook, "Fuel Economy of the Gasoline Engine" Shell writes that they were able to attain 376.59 MPG with a 1959 Opel in 1973. On page 42, the President of General Motors in 1929 predicted 80 MPG by 1939.

If you disbelieve that there is no suppression, please provide a plausible explanation as to why we have not attained triple digit mileage since.

Thank you!

new topics

top topics

join