It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Supreme Leader Khameneis Jet Put on Standby

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

and if this is all popular uprising by the people and not a western backed attempt at a coup to establish a puppet then the american people should be ashmed of themselves and take a few notes...

TheCoffinman
So you are saying that if this movement is by the people of Iran and not western involvement that it is a bad and shameful thing?
Please do explain.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I think what TheCoffinman is saying is that if the Iranians can get off their arses to remove a corrupt government, then why can't the American citizens do the same, instead of just bitching about it.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Britguy]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
If i am reading this correctly,isnt this situation,if it comes about,merely going to create a power vacuum in Iran,which will mean various factions vying for power? Hey presto, Civil war!!
Whichever faction controls the military will have no problem turning it on their own citizenry,as their strong arm tactics have suggested in the past!
Think how many innocents are going to suffer!

And as for the members ,who would like to see Russia and China "go at it", if such a conflict occured,how long before many other nations are drawn in?
From many of the threads i have read on this site,China virtually owns the USA! Perhaps the chinese might call in a few "debts"!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by scobro

Scobro
I agree with you that people will be fighting for power. That is why I said earlier that the people in charge of the groups that are doing the protest demonstrations will be the one biding for power. What the military will do to me is the wild card here.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Great post! thank you!

I have some bits of information from a friend in Iran that many in the regular army are now planning to side with the people.

Unfortunately I haven't heard the same about the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, but my contact says that many officers in the hierarchy are very troubled with the rapes and violence against the daughters of the Iranian revolution done by the Basiji idiots!

So it's very good news that even they are very split on this issue!

The 125000 strong Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRCG or Pasdaran) secures the revolutionary regime and are also the main trainers of the Basiji useful idiots!

If several commanders and lower ranking officers now having seconds thoughts about the criminal violence against the "children of the revolution" it's a very good sign that the dictatorship are starting to feel very nervous about the brutality they let lose on their people.

A worst case scenario could even be a civil war since the country is now starting to show signs in the military forces to be splitted into two parts!

Some days ago the dictator said that ALL protesters were enemies of GOD!

Don't you guys see what this criminal dictatorship cabal is doing here?

They are using the same rethorics as the US government is using when they are calling military veterans potential terrorists!

Man! these guys are good! they are using the enemy's own tactics & rethorics against their own innocent freedom loving people! - just as they do in the west! - they play the same game so that we can not complain witout making fools out of ourselves!

Well the good fight continues! - may all the people stay strong against oppressors - everywhere!

Salud to all brave heroes of the new Iranian Revolution!

Soo many members of the security forces are now feeling great shame for what they have done!

I urge everyone interested in these happenings to watch this video:

The persian uncut versions of this confession of a Basij member:

Vive la Révolution!

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Chevalerous
that was some great information, thanks, stared

I was hopeing we could hear from some one in Iran. So I am glad you could get in touch with your friend. I remember the comment about the protesters being enemy of god. I don't think I would have enough respect to even pity some who says that. But a comment like that does tell me they are afraid that there days of power are coming to an end. The trouble is no one gives up power by choice.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Not that there is a conspiracy here...but how can we be sure its the Iranians who put the next leader in place and not the elites? There will still be a deep corruption within Iran and the wheel will still keep turning but with a different puppet!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Remember that this is the same govt. that overthrew the Shah. They probably remember all the ins and outs of how to successfully overthrow a govt. and is trying to prevent it from happening.

Separately, police chief Gen. Ismail Ahmadi Moghaddam warned protesters to stay off the streets or face harsh consequences. At least eight people were killed in street violence Sunday, the country's worst unrest since the aftermath of the disputed presidential election on June 12.

"In dealing with previous protests, police showed leniency. But given that these opponents are seeking to topple (the ruling system), there will be no mercy," Moghaddam said, according to the official news agency IRNA. "We will take severe action. The era of tolerance is over. Anyone attending such rallies will be crushed."

One of those killed Sunday was the nephew of opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi. Iran's deputy police chief said Ali Mousavi was assassinated by unidentified assailants and not killed by security forces.

Ali Mousavi was buried Wednesday in a hastily organized ceremony. Authorities had taken his body from the hospital earlier in the week in what was seen as an attempt to prevent the funeral from turning into another pro-opposition protest.

The opposition says Ali Mousavi was shot and killed by security forces. But Iran's deputy police chief, Ahmad Reza Radan, was quoted by IRNA as saying that the way he was killed suggests he was assassinated while walking. The New York Times has quoted a family friend as saying he was run over by a vehicle outside his home in an assassination.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
An Iranian protester got shot.

www.liveleak.com...

Warning graphic!

Another video

www.liveleak.com...

Protesters attacking the anti-riot forces
www.liveleak.com...

[edit on 30-12-2009 by deltaboy]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
An Iranian protestor got shot.

www.liveleak.com...

Warning graphic!

Looks like they are sniping them in the head. That's not cool.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone who is posting the up to date information

There are protesters being shot. As much as we were hoping that there would be no violence we probably knew it was going to come to this. However it still seems unclear if the military has yet taken a side.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Just to throw a monkey wrench into the current discussion.

What if it isn't US interference? What if it is RUSSIAN interference? They share a common border and the Russians have a pretty good track record at this sort of thing. I believe that the Russians engineered the overthrow of the Shah, but, didn't get the government that they hoped for. As far as those so called "SAS soldiers" mucking up the works, what if they were Spetsnaz?

I guess Iran's leaders don't want to be the guests of honor at a necktie party. Pity. I would pay to see it.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Remember that this is the same govt. that overthrew the Shah. They probably remember all the ins and outs of how to successfully overthrow a govt. and is trying to prevent it from happening.

Separately, police chief Gen. Ismail Ahmadi Moghaddam warned protesters to stay off the streets or face harsh consequences. At least eight people were killed in street violence Sunday, the country's worst unrest since the aftermath of the disputed presidential election on June 12.

"In dealing with previous protests, police showed leniency. But given that these opponents are seeking to topple (the ruling system), there will be no mercy," Moghaddam said, according to the official news agency IRNA. "We will take severe action. The era of tolerance is over. Anyone attending such rallies will be crushed."

One of those killed Sunday was the nephew of opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi. Iran's deputy police chief said Ali Mousavi was assassinated by unidentified assailants and not killed by security forces.

Ali Mousavi was buried Wednesday in a hastily organized ceremony. Authorities had taken his body from the hospital earlier in the week in what was seen as an attempt to prevent the funeral from turning into another pro-opposition protest.

The opposition says Ali Mousavi was shot and killed by security forces. But Iran's deputy police chief, Ahmad Reza Radan, was quoted by IRNA as saying that the way he was killed suggests he was assassinated while walking. The New York Times has quoted a family friend as saying he was run over by a vehicle outside his home in an assassination.

Yes this is true, but here is also the beauty in all of this:

When these so called Chidren of the Revolution are doing revolt - their big families often have someone very "important" in or connected to the regime.

This fact are now making havok on all planes in the Iranian hierarchy right now! - big time!

I mean you can't defend the dictorship any longer when the children of YOUR own family or a young girl of friends family is getting raped in a Basji prison by ignorant peasants brought in to town - taht is impossible!

So by baby steps the aggresive actions of the dictatorship is breaking down the "Islamic Revolutionary Nation" because most of these brutal actions against the youth are really really "haram" (Haram as in rape of Iranian young girls is really really forbiddon and a supertough crime) for these religious people.

So in the end you have the good and peaceful and reform friendly islamists left, and the rest are the trash like Ahmadinejad and Ali Khamenei and the defendors of the dictatorship who are the real traitors to the Islamic Revolution.

Just make them go along a "little further" with their violence and brutality against the "children of the revolution! and they are ready to be chopped up in little pieces by the "goood" religious people of Iran.

They are hopefully soon flown away, or better yet, killed by their own people!

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Just to throw a monkey wrench into the current discussion.

What if it isn't US interference? What if it is RUSSIAN interference? They share a common border and the Russians have a pretty good track record at this sort of thing. I believe that the Russians engineered the overthrow of the Shah, but, didn't get the government that they hoped for. As far as those so called "SAS soldiers" mucking up the works, what if they were Spetsnaz?

I guess Iran's leaders don't want to be the guests of honor at a necktie party. Pity. I would pay to see it.

Shhhhhhh.
Did you hear that vodka is being used to melt ice in places that have huge amounts of snow?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
You have to be smoking to think that the CIA has nothing to do with this.

I think the CIA helped to ignite and strengthen these movements since the beginning of talks about invading Iran.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
You have to be smoking to think that the CIA has nothing to do with this.

I think the CIA helped to ignite and strengthen these movements since the beginning of talks about invading Iran.

I have a couple of questions for you.
1. why would the US invade Iran?
2. is the CIA evil?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Tens of thousands of Iranians have protested in favour of their government in major cities across the country, following recent opposition protests.

Government supporters marched in Tehran, Shiraz, Qom and elsewhere, chanting "Death to opponents!"

you wont see this on cnn, msnbc, fox or anyother western news outlet... this to me pretty much confirms my suspicions that the west is formeting trouble in iran and blowing way out of proportion

[edit on 30-12-2009 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
there are two types of people in Iran one group makes its size known above 80% and the other group is known to make up the rest. that 20% group are the islamic group that control the Persian government. now the issue here is that, those 80% group want a change and they are westernized as you can see in their female and modern usage of Internet

that other group the 20%, does not want to lose control.

end of the day, those Islamic people will move away from gov control and move back to maybe Saudi Arabia, U.A.E , or in Iraq

it will come to an end for these rulers at some point. you can't fight a westernized ideology believe it.

mark my words, i can bet in 10 to 20 years slowly more people will have large problems with Irans Islamic ruler

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Too right, cnn will not be showing this.

Its the right way to deal with trouble. Showing that real iranians are not against there people and government. At least some are not for this anglo american rubbish, trying to be fausted upon iran from outside.

I would not believe anything coming out of iran. The videos could be of anything, at anytime in the past.

Propaganda is powerful tool, and we should all be aware of this here by now.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by aspx

20% percent huh, did u see my post above yours?? where do you get ur numbers?? ur just spewing out numbers with no hard evidence...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join