It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why People are STILL Laughing at Creationists (and ID'ers)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Because of their insistence that a religious belief is surely a fact of nature, and creationists often mis-use and misrepresent science, which is damaging to our species that needs its critical thinkers if we are to evolve beyond tribal warfare.

I would like to see creationists/ID'ers to recognise the above and that neither one religion is better or truer than the rest, and that all faiths are equal and should be equally respected, and possibly kept private or discussed more appropriately without insisting they always have to be right.

But at the moment, I mostly see people squabbling over who's beliefs are true, when none of them have any proof whatsoever. It seems unproductive and nonsensical to argue over a matter that has no scientific evidence to back it up. That doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss speculative issues, but they should remain as that until somebody produces evidence.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by john124]

Without creation there is no science and science has yet to explain creation.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Your cat basic INSTICT is to survive, logic is not a mechanism for survival it is a tool, whereas instinct is a mechanism instilled in all creatures.

and that is were you fail epicaly

logic is what made humans use math we are LOGICAL and so is every LIVING BEING

its a fucntion of being alive..

thats why we are symmetric

you know math? like we INVENTED IT? WRONG

math is the compeont that created humans... we are just trying to understand it..

dumbass

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13579

Your cat basic INSTICT is to survive, logic is not a mechanism for survival it is a tool, whereas instinct is a mechanism instilled in all creatures.

and that is were you fail epicaly

logic is what made humans use math we are LOGICAL and so is every LIVING BEING

its a fucntion of being alive..

thats why we are symmetric

you know math? like we INVENTED IT? WRONG

math is the compeont that created humans... we are just trying to understand it..

dumbass

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

yes but you confuse creation with method and function

Man: I feel like a coffee!
coffee: Wow i was created

well yes and no..

Milk: Im milk "hi there"
suger: Hey im suger
Coffee: Hey im coffee hows it going
Hot water: howdy

Man: Hello all !!

BIG BANG : oh # now we are all COFFEE "word"/ "description"

its not about the "man" but the parts that are interacting.. if you focus on the "man" then you do not factor in MILK or SUGER or HOT WATER do you?

blind ingnorance...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
for those of you who think we evolved, think about this.

evolution is a science, the big bang is science, both are theories. lets assume that they're both true. so, in the beginning the universe was the size of an atom. the smallest living organism we know of today are larger than an atom. so its safe to say that before the big bang, it is improbable for life to exist inside of said atom. so if there were no living organism from what did living organisms evolve from? a rock cannot give birth to single cell organisms. can you accept the theory of evolution but deny the big bang theory? you simply can not, it is one and the same.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

sure and i was not insulting you "in a way" i was laughing and called you a dumbass in a friendly manner .. so please dont take offence..

if you felt that word i used was not warrented as i laughed i will be more than happy to remove the word and say sorry.. and now i shall show you a logical being that in fact KNOWS what its doing

roll tape!

do you think your really that special?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The systematic logic that is found throughout the universe is above and beyond more than any normal thinking person would need to know
that logic dictates an intelligent design.
Therefore a supreme being has left a great deal of evidence for his
existence.

The Bible even mentions this fact," for the evidence of God is in his handywork".

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Maybe because those who 'believe' this crap, literally, tell people crap like God commands you to kill Gays, or that they commit acts of terrorism like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7406f249debd.jpg[/atsimg]

Or murder like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b1a511fc58c.png[/atsimg]

Or genocide like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a24f7815ed0e.jpg[/atsimg]
or this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5bce39daed5.jpg[/atsimg]

Or encourage and inspire hate like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d70c100de4e1.jpg[/atsimg]

Or that they can be easily coerced into the fringe cults and end up like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f11bdc668e2d.jpg[/atsimg]
or this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3feb30ff3a0.jpg[/atsimg]
or this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb099a758b00.jpg[/atsimg]

Or the sanctioning of child rape in cults like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64d4c2cfb21c.jpg[/atsimg]

This is what happens when one says to hell with logic and proof, to hell with thinking for oneself, to hell with questioning that which they are told...

Do you think that any of these people thought this could happen to them? It all started with blind faith... And really that's all you have to base a literal belief in the Bible on, BLIND FAITH! It does not pass the logic test, it does not have a stitch of real evidence to support it, just BLIND FAITH! So you can continue to think that science is conspiring against you... You can continue to have others do your thinking for you... You can continue to live by BLIND FAITH! But in the end, blind faith just leaves you unable to see the endless possibilities and is a waste of a life...

I have no problem with a true Christian, one who tries to live a 'Christlike' existance. Jesus gave a beautiful example of a way to live in this world, regardless of whether or not he was of Divine origin. But I have NEVER seen, met or heard a single Fundamentalist (of which most Christians are not) who was the slightest bit 'Christlike'. In fact, the line between Fundamentalist and Cultist is a fine one indeed!

If I can make even one person question that which they are told to just believe on faith, despite that fact that it lacks any data to support it, then all the crap I'm taking from you all is worth it...

I feel sorry for you.
People like you have no idea how short-sighted you are.
Go out and meet some Christians. Give yourself a chance to see that you are wrong.
Think about it. How happy would you be, if you actually found out you were wrong. And that the Christians you hate and fear, are actually a small minority.
And, that there are some fairly intelligent people calling themselves "Christians", for fairly good reasons.
Things are not the way you think they are.
You should be happy about that.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

unless you are an atom..

just becuase you precive life as such does not mean you are not the electron wizzing about the nuculie of an atom now does it?

Do the cells in ones body call me god yet i gave birth to the very creation yet sustatain me with no question?

to ask why and to understand what it is your asking is the problem

what answer it is you seek? or is it that you dont ?

well?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LASTofTheV8s

Go out and meet some Christians.

Some people in fact did and when the Christians objected they put them on crosses and burnt them..

its called being a herritic

also "aka" the SPANISH INQUASTION

tho i guess you for get that aspect of you beloved church...

now what? got some lame excuse?

link   

yes but you confuse creation with method and function

Man: I feel like a coffee!
coffee: Wow i was created

well yes and no..

Milk: Im milk "hi there"
suger: Hey im suger
Coffee: Hey im coffee hows it going
Hot water: howdy

Man: Hello all !!

BIG BANG : oh # now we are all COFFEE "word"/ "description"

its not about the "man" but the parts that are interacting.. if you focus on the "man" then you do not factor in MILK or SUGER or HOT WATER do you?

blind ingnorance...

I am not really sure what you are getting at with this post, Big bang? I hope that at your level of intelligence you do not subscribe to that theory, that is all it is you know a theory. I do not confuse method or function with creation. I do have an opinion, thats all it is an opinion just as you have an opinion, that is all it is, opinion.

link   
What is this thread even about ?

So if one believes that intelligent design is a possibility they are stupid and I will schoolyard talk them into seeing things my way ?

Kinda silly to see , grown people ? argue over a theory that each claim to be true , and even sillier to see the name calling and belittling when someone disagrees with there ideas and interpretations .

link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh please tell me your not about to break out the 'Watchmaker' analogy...

And just for the record, 212 F or 100 C...

*fistpalm*

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

sorry but your totaly wrong...

A system of logic is derived by ones reality..

That is why my cat is just as logical as you and I and has no reason for god

GOD is ilogical.. thats the point

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

And neither has any religion any more so than for me to state a belief in fairies farting mushrooms that gave birth to humankind.

Creation does not imply a being created us, as it does nothing to explain the creation of the creator, and thus provides more unanswered questions than it answers.

Science is at least looking for ways to explain origins of the universe as far back in time as our current technology allows & searching for more evidence of the standard model of particle physics. If you were to research the space-based telescopes NASA and ESA are launching in the next few years, we are expecting to answer many unanswered questions about the first half million years of the universe, and so origins of the universe. Do you expect similar discoveries to how exactly life first began on Earth to be answered overnight?

What work is religion doing to answer such questions? Nothing, as they've made up the answers and don't care whether they're right or wrong! Some religions still think the Earth is only exactly 6000 years old for christ's sake! Those people could have added some +/- error in that value to at least try and pretend that they are using some scientific method to determine their value. And they do use distorted and illogical forms of maths equations that make no logical or mathematical sense, so it's not as though they admit they are making up the answer using pseudo-science, as they've then claimed it as fact afterwards. And never mind the constant flat out denial of all of the evidence of evolution.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by john124]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

sure and i was not insulting you "in a way" i was laughing and called you a dumbass in a friendly manner .. so please dont take offence..

if you felt that word i used was not warrented as i laughed i will be more than happy to remove the word and say sorry.. and now i shall show you a logical being that in fact KNOWS what its doing

roll tape!

do you think your really that special?

Seen the clip before and interesting as it may be, it is the survival instinct and the need of protection which motivates the octopus to use the coconut, not logic. If logic was to be used the octopus would have just left.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LASTofTheV8s

Met plenty of them... Thousands in fact...

I USED TO BE ONE!

And not a day goes by that I don't hear one spouting some fundie tripe to anyone who will listen (and many that have no desire to)...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

So if one believes that intelligent design is a possibility

Yet let me poin out "believes"

you equate intelligent design with a BEING.. yet it is not is it?

I can show you proof that it is not.. HUMANS.. yet i can show you the function of life

does not mean it is "INTELLIGENT" it just means you have nothing to equate the reason for it other than your own "intelliegnce"

that i find mind bending considering the state of the planet...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

'Watchmaker' analogy

Please explain. It probably does pertain.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Seen the clip before and interesting as it may be, it is the survival instinct and the need of protection which motivates the octopus to use the coconut, not logic. If logic was to be used the octopus would have just left.

sorry... but if you was being SHOT AT or WAS ALONE what would you do logicaly?

PROTECT YOUR SELF FROM HARM

are you dens? or just think some how god made the universe just so your little ego can have a role to play?

i do petty you i do

and if god is real hes telling me to tell you

GET A GRIP

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join