It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heard on News: Is It Time For More WHAT?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
But wait...

The name Robert hails from predominantly white areas of the globe (germany, france, scotland)

So yeah I guess you would be ok with discriminating against me...since you know...I am white...and i own guns...and I believe in shrinking the govt...

Oh yeah...Im already being profiled by the Dept of Homeland Security

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It's amazing to me that people will screw themselves silly in order to show somebody else how open minded and intelligent they are they are.

Being intentionally blind to prove a point only helps the ones who would commit more of these crimes.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Please elaborate on what you mean and in what reference you are speaking to. Your wording could be used on either side of the fence of a debate and still work.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think he/she is saying that some people would just keep getting punched in the face by the guy in the green hat just to make sure everyone sees that they arent racist...

*Edit for clarity*

[edit on 30-12-2009 by BingeBob]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Two points:

1) I believe profiling based solely on race or religion is unlawful, at best. It certainly would, ultimately, create increased security screening for certain groups while other groups enjoyed more relaxed security.

This sort of singling out doesn't normally go over well and generally creates more problems than it solves.

2) I don't believe it would create a more secure result. The government would have to include Hispanic, Arab, and Black people to the heightened security lists.

There are easy ways to get around these things, and if security on airplanes becomes too rigid, they can always switch to a path of lesser resistance.

Terrorism isn't something we can prevent 100%, as our country is entirely too open to that sort of attack. There is no escaping it if there are groups who wish us harm.

Association is a far better criteria than race or religion alone.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Or they could just allow me to carry my own weapon concealed on the plane...

I guarantee you that there wont ever be another instance of stewardesses getting cut up...cant do much against explosives though

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
None of you people work in law enforcement, do ya?
How about any other professional occupation that deals with National Security?
Anyone?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
If 20-23 year old white males named bob were constantly trying to blow up stuff then I would say yes please search every white male named bob around that age. And while you are at it, go search robert over there also.

It's impossible to not profile.

Errr..
Actually, I'm pretty sure there are a whole lot of 20 - 23 yr old white guys named Bob, constantly trying to blow up stuff.

Like for instance soldiers, miners, NRA members, militia members, fireworks enthusiasts, domestic terrorists, special effects people, bomb disposal officers, Chemists, balloon salesmen, tire changers, demolition experts, sexual deviants who like plastic women, etc...

Yeah, and this brainless post makes about as much sense as your post.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by ziggystrange]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

I do...

You left out the point of your post...please expound...

[edit on 30-12-2009 by BingeBob]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
None of you people work in law enforcement, do ya?
How about any other professional occupation that deals with National Security?
Anyone?

What's the relevance of this question?

I served in the infantry in the Marine Corps, but I don't really consider that a National Security job (at least not in the past decade or so).

So again, your point? What do you do and why should we care?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If another race or religion basically want's you dead or converted you profile them, that simple.

All the arguments of what we did or did not do are MOOT, these are the people currently bringing bombs on planes, profile them.

And frankly we could be rotten too if looked at from "another perspective" doesn't change the fact that when I walk down the street I blend in with our imbeciles not the imbeciles that want to kill me... so right and wrong is meaningless to me... getting rid of those would would group ME in with the other side is my only concern, profile them? Stop immigration dead in the water, ban flights from those countries disallow trade with anyone who accidentally puts one on a plane....

what do I care? Many among them will judge me the same way, so fight to win... I have no interest in yet another fanatical religion involved in my voting process, it took us forever to bring religion to a place mainly of tradition and faith in this nation, I need another new group of backwards intolerant people coming here and making my life less enjoyable... I don't care if they put every single member of Islam on a plane and sent them all home for all I care....

It's my job to live and enjoy my life... I don't hate anyone, I know most members of Islam are basically all right... but 100 Million or so aren't I'd guesstimate and why do I need the aggravation?

Selfish thinking?

Absolutely... but it's my life...

The answer to me is beyond profiling, it's banishment.

I wasn't born to prove a point of multiculturalism to everyone around me... I want what they want, what most people want in the end, a house a family and a life and a culture and way of living to call my own. I could care less about the life or well being of anyone who would interfere with that on any level. Send them all back if they will interfere on any level from day to day life here.... let alone Bombs, profile the heck out of them make the situation uncomfortable ban travel... I live here, I didn't invite them.

And I don't need to hear a damn word about what my ancestors did to others to get this, that's not my issue either I wasn't there... I didn't do it, I don't even actually know who the heck my ancestors are...

Profile? no BAN them entirely.... sorry, I just don't recall handing out invitations to my party. You have every right in the world to throw out uninvited guests particularly if they are hostile... it's not wrong, it's not even rude...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
They are already here.

A good number of them are caucasoid.

They are marrying white women.

What are you going to do when the Muslim you're worred about looks like a red headed Irish lout?

The recent guy is Nigerian. Most Nigerians are CHRISTIAN.

Muslims are Chinese, Malay, Caucasoid, Indonesian, .....

So are you going to use a colour card - hold it up and if your skin is darker than an olive portugeuse to the gulag with you?

You cannot profile a MEME - a thought in the head - with a racial skin tone cheat sheet.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
You cannot profile a MEME - a thought in the head - with a racial skin tone cheat sheet.

Best point of 2009. Congrats.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
They are already here.

A good number of them are caucasoid.

They are marrying white women.

What are you going to do when the Muslim you're worred about looks like a red headed Irish lout?

The recent guy is Nigerian. Most Nigerians are CHRISTIAN.

Uhhhh...all reports say that this nigerian was actually a muslim

That pretty much invalidates your point.

The fact still remains that this guys' father warned his US embassy about his own son and the us officials passed the info to the CIA and still they did nothing. The other fact is that this guy boarded an international flight without a single piece of baggage, paid cash for his 1 way ticket and didnt even have a passport...Not even a PASSPORT

Should we profile based on race alone? Maybe not...

Should we profile based on nationality and totality of circumstance? ABSOLUTELY!!!

This guy would have been killed at the airport if they had just asked for a god damn passport...

Now they want to strip me naked if i want to make my pilgrimage back to the Guinness brewery (via whole body scanners)... Someone holds stock in the whole body scanner industry

Edit*** Why does it change my word for the people from te land of N igeria to *n-word-ian* Thats f'n stupid!!!

[edit on 1-1-2010 by BingeBob]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
See, but if I were a terrorist organization and I knew people were racially profiling people with specific skin colors or from specific areas, I would find people who support my organization who are white and named Bob.

They're not dumb.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

i never get this "racial" thing my self? I mean what happend to "human race"?

I kinda thought that was "normal" then people stick a lable on you oh hes a black human or hes a white human or hes a ????

kinda confusing if you ask me lol i totaly see were your coming from!

Human Race right?

or am i being confused???

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

yes but what raven is saying is that just because you "look" or "happen" to have a lable pinned on you does not make you a terror nutjob does it? i mean thats silly..

All white people are racsit? i mean thats kinda the same thing because it fits "someones" racial "profiling" of a given subject?

I dont get what you mean really?

As far as im aware, if one is to "catch" the nutjobs then one is to understand the education of the person in question and his / her views.. could do that with a simple test "tho granted many would lie" but still its better than putting all "racial"

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

lol very true!!

hehe good analogy

gets some what pathetic really does it not friend

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Apples and oranges.

"Six foot white male with blonde hair dressed in jeans and a spongebob T-shirt" is a description. This description will be added to by other witnesses in the bank and by the bank's own security cameras, refining the image of who this man is.

The police are not going to set up a roadblock and haul in every white male that comes by to catch this guy, are they? Would you want them to? Imagine being told "Sorry, Mr. Emeritus, a white guy robbed a bank, so we're taking you in as a suspect!" (more likely it would be far less polite, but let's just say). Would you want that?

Of course not. Know what? At least in this situation a crime has actually been comitted.

Imagine being hauled off by the cops because most major bank robberies in the nation were committed by white men or something. Not because you actually did anything - hell, probably none of those robberies happened in your neck of the woods - but you're white, so they grab you by the scruff of the neck, drag you out of your car, frisk you, rummage through your car, get your prints, record your ID, and what the hell, swab your cheek for some DNA while they're at it, because you're the same color as some criminals somewhere else.

Would you want that? Definitely not.

But you're happy enough to demand that other people go through the process above, so long as they're not you.

Food for thought - The majority of serial killers in the US are white males between 20 and 50.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob

Probably because you added an extra "g" to "Nigerian"

Second line

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join