It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keuxthang

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I had two Indian (India) girls over for Christmas dinner and ask them about criptids in the village they grew up in. They mentioned the keuxthang. I had to have them write it for me. He was seen alot in times past, but not so much to the younger generation. That is also true of the American big foot and the native Americans. His only really strange ability was invisibility. He would play tug of war with the boys, but they couldn't see him. I tried to image this?? He also had a nasty temper and if he was mad, he would get into your house and throw all your things on the floor. I will have to check the spelling, but there is nothing on the net with that spelling. Anyone hear anything about it or another Big Foot type that is invisible. Oh, that's right they ALL are! You know what I mean...I hope.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

I've never heard of the Keuxthang before! I have heard of invisible cryptids, but of course, evidence to prove their existence is fairly hard to come by.

A very interesting topic for your first crypto thread! Thank you for sharing this cryptid with us from another culture. If you hadn't brought it up, it's likely many of us would never know about it.

A Google search returned no results, but due to the language barrier and the existence of many localized names for cryptids, that isn't surprising. It doesn't mean this cryptid may be any less real, though!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

He also had a nasty temper and if he was mad, he would get into your house and throw all your things on the floor

That, and the invisibility, makes me think of a poltergeist. If I remember right, poltergeist effects supposedly are observed more when children are present than otherwise. (like the tug of war thing)

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Interesting. . . never heard of it. but as raven said, language barriers and local names can mess that up easily. S+F!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Wow, I love finding out new things, especially if it is a local story amongst the villagers and especially if the internet can not provide any reference. Thanks.

You know, that "tug-a-war", maybe it was not a tangible rope they were competing with? Maybe it is a term for something else, the fact this crypto was invisible, and throwing things on the floor...it kind of makes me think of an entity as one poster already stated. Maybe it means something much more deep and spiritual? Maybe its a local bogey man story? But then, where did it (the first story) originate?

EDIT: I found a website regarding Bigfoot and India, a sighting.

Here it is: (source)

[edit on 29/12/2009 by the_denv]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Thanks Denv, sorry it took me a while to reply. I read the article and talked with Ching. She is from Maripur, India. That is next to Burma on the other side of the country from the place the article was written about. She also said that it could become visiv\ble, was quite hairy, very strong, and real smelly. It must be an Indian Skunk Ape!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

I talked to my friend and she informed me that "You know I studied there in Meghalaya for 6 years. I think I have heard the Khasi people mention about that. He was invisible most of the times. "
I also ask Diane Stocking about India and she said that BF was commonly reported, but under other many names.
We also discussed his odor. We agreed that that he is stinky because the many areas are hot and humid and he is hairy. My dog is stinky too. But Diane also feels he can produce odor much like a skunk can.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

Ever smelled a silverback gorilla? They REEK. They produce odors to mark their territory that aren't "sprayed" like a skunk but are secreted regularly from glands, sort of like how a cat has some scent glands between its toes. But it's super powerful. Sort of like when a guy has really bad BO.

So, I mean, I know how bad a silverback smells. I can imagine any hairy bipedal primate would smell similar.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
You know, that "tug-a-war", maybe it was not a tangible rope they were competing with?

I checked with Ching and she reports that it was a real rope. The creature was much stronger that the village men. Adult men, not boys as I had thought. They saw the rope in the air, but didn't see him.
Another error on my part. I spelled his name wrong.
KEUHTHANG is correct.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Ching interperted a wiki site for me. (en.wikipedia.org...:Keuhthang) It says that he has human form and is about the size of a human. He likes to play with humans and has never used his strength or power to harm a human. He can be visible or invisible and likes to be where humans are. He was reported most often in the 18th and 19th centuries and hasn't been seen much since the arrival of Christianity.

top topics

join