It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choice Words At An Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I just got off the phone with a friend of mine, and can't for the life of me figure out why
she would say what she said to me over the phone in an airport. She just arrived from
a very long flight and wants to get home. She just landed to let me know and used some pretty harsh language, that I had to just say that I am on the way and hung up.

Would you utter this at an airport today (12/29/09)

"We're waiting for our luggage. Johns about to f'n kill someone, and I want to slit the
ladies throat next to me"... *I interjected and ended the call.

I understand that she's tired and just wants to get home, but WHY THE HELL WOULD
YOU USE THAT KINDA LANGUAGE... IN AN AIRPORT .. after what has transpired in the
past week.

I know this is my friend but, that's just so stupid to blurt out now a days.

Am I paranoid?!

Off to pick up the moron.
Bye.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Yes you are paranoid. I don't know what country you live in but here in the United States of America we have freedom of speech. It's not like she threatened the woman or said she wants to blow the airport up. She simply expressed her frustration with the woman next to her. She did not say "I am going to slit her throat." She said "I WANT to slit her throat"

LifENcircleS

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
not paranoid, stay away from them

'kill myself' 'kill someone' isnt too bad i think, but so detailed like 'slit the
ladies throat' it's over the top. they have a lot of # in them

[edit on 29-12-2009 by angelx666]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Don't think you have to be paranoid about where the words were spoken, but the fact they were spoken in the first place leads me to believe your friend is crude and lacks class.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sounds like they had to deal with the tsa... yup.

Gee I cant wait to fly again..

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Don't think you have to be paranoid about where the words were spoken, but the fact they were spoken in the first place leads me to believe your friend is crude and lacks class.

See my other post..hehe, really that would get you in trouble today. The tsa would not be so bad if they were not so stupid.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

Would you utter this at an airport today

No. But I wouldn't have uttered that yesterday either.

I was told a story once by someone who took a flight with a friend of his. That friend, while walking through security decided to play a little joke. He asked, casually, "Hey, John. Did you remember the gun?" Next thing he knew he was on the ground with a boot on his face and a knee is his back.

The interesting thing is that this happened over 20 years ago. Well before any of the present paranoia.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies..
I can honestly say that these people are not what I consider to be great
friends. They live down the hall from me in my apartment. We get along.

to:LifENcircleS
I too am in the U.S. and I'm not sure how the freedom of speech is going here, but last time I checked you can be fined for using such words in
different platforms. I don't believe an airport is one of them, but try saying
F* or sh^# on t'v, radio or press and you will get fined. How's that for free?!

I guess showing a little class or couthe in an airport is in order..
Last time I do them a favor.

To:LordBucket
Great point and story. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Here in my city ... (im not in the usa...) We got some tourist who tell at the check he got a bomb in his luggage.. yeah right next thing u know all the city cop is at the airport.

French link..

[edit on 29-12-2009 by Dolby_X]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky
"We're waiting for our luggage. Johns about to f'n kill someone, and I want to slit the
ladies throat next to me"... *I interjected and ended the call.

Yeah, that was kind of dumb. If she had just yelled "Allah Akbar!" some nice poeple would have showed up promptly to help her find her luggage and make sure she got out of the airport OK.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

Dont worry we got your back, you did the right thing creating an alibi by posting this information on this forum. Your time and date of this thread in conjunction with your telephone records that indicate the time and date of the call from the airport would be a useful argument in a court of law to prove you had nothing to do with anything concerning those people at the airport.

Its not paranoia, its called covering your back; for all you know you could have been framed or involved in something due to the incompetency of a girl at a pay phone in an airport.

If I were you, dont do them favors any more, they sound like trouble. Just humor them, nod your head at them when your putting your garbage bin out etc.

If someone else in here ever comes head to head with a situation like this, ANY ALIBI is good, we live in a cruel world where cops lock up innocent people.

new topics

top topics

join