It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why hasn't the US attacked Iran and North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
In Bush's 2002 state of the union speech, he said there was an axis of evil consisting of "Iran, Iraq and North Korea". Subsequently, the US attacked Iraq, but there was no US attack against either North Korea or Iran. I believe the reason is that both countries acquired nukes before the US commenced an attack.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Are you against the Iraq invasion?

If so.. then be quiet, please.

I dont understand if majority of people around here want US to police the world or not.......

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by crontab
In Bush's 2002 state of the union speech, he said there was an axis of evil consisting of "Iran, Iraq and North Korea". Subsequently, the US attacked Iraq, but there was no US attack against either North Korea or Iran. I believe the reason is that both countries acquired nukes before the US commenced an attack.

North Korea obviously got the nukes, but Iran clearly didn't. So we leave North Korea alone now, but we screw around with Iran while Israel plans a pre-emptive nuclear/chemical strike.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by crontab

That have to wait their turn

Next up

Venezula

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by crontab

So you want the USA to attack Iran and North Korea?

In the days of Bush, it appeared to be imminent that at least Iran was going to be invaded. I think this government isnt as keen to start dropping bombs until its proven that Iran is a serious threat to US soil.

If you ask me, its all a bunch of childish poo flinging.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by crontab

Personally, iraq could just be 'phase one' of the attack. Also, it makes sense not attacking NK because they have a madman leading the way; it could spell disaster just attacking them willy-nilly.

Another idea is that 'we' are waiting for them to make a move before we act. It sometimes is better to sit back, then attack.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It takes time to build paper tigers to tear down.

I, for one, am glad we've done nothing to speak of in those places. I'd just as soon let those folks rot in the condition they have allowed to be sustained.

Not my country, not my tax obligation, not my problem. I have serious issue with any idea or any person that proposes to fight any country that has not attacked us; and if attacked, to use kid gloves.

Iran is a like a kid with a chemistry set when we are the boys with the 50 cal mounted and trained on the sandbox. The first rule of being a dictator is not to be entirely suicidal.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Rest easily.

Neither Iran nor N. Korea will be attacked.

Some people wish it so their prediction can come true, but it isn't going to happen.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
OP, I can't believe how you made a thread of this simple question.

No, North Korea and Iran did not start acquiring nuke material after Bush's speech. It takes at least a decade to put the simplest elements of a nuclear program into motion, maybe less given our technology, but they wouldn't have the time to get 100% reliable warheads. Probably dirty bombs, yeah, but not war-level nukes.

Iran is indirectly having a gigantic influence of the value of oil. Check this out before you realize that a dozen corporations want you and me to buy our gallons at the price they want, and they don't want Iran to calm down in order to generate huge profits.

North Korea is a nation of brainwashed people, born and raised in the hate of America and capitalism. If one out of ten soldiers decide to put up a fight against US Forces, let me tell you that it's not a bunch of peasants with a AK-47 , it's a whole war-ready nation. Keep that in mind.

I hope I helped a little with my answers. It's my 2c, you can disagree, no problem.
peace. M_M

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The reason Iran is not getting invaded is because Iran supplies Russia and China with oil.

If America attacked Iran, then China AND Russia would defend Iran's oilfields. It will never happen, and if it does it will not be a war like Iraq or Afghanistan, it will be World War III.

Concerning North Korea, not only do they have nukes and the ability to launch satellites into space; they also have one of the largest hacking armies in the world that constantly hack the US Military and Government computers such as the Pentagon. God only knows what sensitive information North Korea have uncovered with their successful hacks, and maybe; just maybe they are black mailing America with this information. Attack us (NK) and we will expose your history, your plan and your cover ups of the American people and the rest of the world.

If you ever hear of Iran getting invaded, run to the hills...run to the hills!

[edit on 29/12/2009 by the_denv]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Isn't it nice to be American, tucked away, safe inside the great U.S. bubble, seemingly untouchable, free to ponder who should be attacked next or why we haven't attacked them yet...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I do believe once the nuclear line is crossed in terms of a country acquiring nuclear weapons and a dependable delivery system, "conventional" options are put aside due to the risk and stakes involved. Once a country like North Korea joins the "nuclear club", they fall into full scale nuclear strike scenarios on it's main launch facilities, military targets and industrial complexes if attempted launches are detected.

I'm fairly certain the administrations of these countries are aware of that fact that there's a high probability of U.S. Nuclear Subs being parked just offshore and the slightest attempt to launch at the U.S. and it's allies would result in complete annihilation from one nuclear submarine alone...

I myself sleep better at night knowing this.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Rest easily.

Neither Iran nor N. Korea will be attacked.

SIGH...

No! We aint going to attack Iran or North Korea. Iran will Rot from within and North Korea will still go about it's merry way ignoring the international Community and threatening it's neighbors. Venezuelan President Chavez will continue to see CIA agents under his bed.

Welcome to 2010.

Happy New Year.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
Isn't it nice to be American, tucked away, safe inside the great U.S. bubble, seemingly untouchable, free to ponder who should be attacked next or why we haven't attacked them yet...

Why yes,
yes it is.

new topics

top topics

join