It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intel report: Iran seeking to smuggle raw uranium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
By GEORGE JAHN, Associated Press Writer

VIENNA – Iran is close to clinching a deal to clandestinely import 1,350 tons of purified uranium ore from Kazakhstan, according to an intelligence report obtained Tuesday by The Associated Press. Diplomats said the assessment was heightening international concern about Tehran's nuclear activities.

Such a deal would be significant because, according to an independent research group, Tehran appears to be running out of the material, which it needs to feed its uranium enrichment program.

The report was drawn up by a member nation of the International Atomic Energy Agency and provided to the AP on condition that the country not be identified because of the confidential nature of the information.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

This has been proven a forged doc.

two or 3 threads have died already

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The article in questions cites several sources and is attributed to the AP, fairly good source of info I'd say. Once again Iran seems to willfully antagonize the UN.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Legit Doc or no....The war rhetoric continues!

I can't believe we're gonna do this...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
My complete and total bad. I surely hope it's a fake doc.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

smuggle
clandestinely import

Whether the report is accurate or not, it amuses me somewhat that the official government purchase of material from "the state uranium company" of another country would be dscribed as "clandestine smuggling."

top topics

join