It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A note of appreciation from The Elite

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Geee I wonder if the person who wrote this is a republican.....

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Amen brother, S & F could not agree more with you especially on the part where we blame everyone else but ourselves and continue to blame others. The best part is if you stop conforming and choose not to work in a jobs that are degrading and worth less and less.

Anyone remember beyond 2000? We are supposed to have flying cars that run on hydrogen out of the air and only produce the bi product of water. We are supposed to all be living in our big mansions that are run by computers that do all our work for us... Instead Machines come in and people that had spent their life making a career to get the skills for that job find out they now are not needed as they have been replaced by a machine... Instead of reducing hours for all workers and paying them the same less a little for the cost of the machine the corporations bring in the machines and keep the profits for themselves. We are creating our own slavery and doing this to ourselves... Stop looking down at the homeless on the streets and the people doing your housework, we are all going to be like them eventually because we are selling ourselves out - replacing ourselves with machines so the rich can live in their mansions.. And you phucks sit on here standing up for this corrupt system because you beleive the dream they have sold you just because you get a paycheque at the end of the week make me sick. The government is phucking you, the corporations are phucking you but it you who is layin there taking it like a champ

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by daniel_g

You are also right, all of us in the developed coutries that have a loaf of bread in the cupboard are the elite.
That does not mean we are not also being screwed over by the mega elite. As my post above shows, the system is designed to screw everyone except the man on the top. You are sitting their basically saying ok they are phucking us all but what are you moaning about they lubed you up first.. be thankful for that... NO THANKS MATE, we were told when we were young we could be anything we want - all I'm asking for is that to be true becuase as much as I am thankful they are using lube i'd prefer they withdraw so my ass can recover

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Er, you realize that's a piece of satire meaning to give pause to the masses, right?

Actually you don't, OP, and I think yet again here at ATS we've hit another nail on the head in our quest to figure out "why people believe silly stuff".

Thank you for your contribution,
Someone more intelligent than you.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Er, you realize that's a piece of satire meaning to give pause to the masses, right?

Actually you don't, OP, and I think yet again here at ATS we've hit another nail on the head in our quest to figure out "why people believe silly stuff".

Thank you for your contribution,
Someone more intelligent than you.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lagnar

Education: Great a meaningless statistic from someone claiming they know eveything about someones education from one piece they have written.

Upbringing: You have been brought up to follow the system and look down at anyone who challenges it because they obviously must not be as smart as you and therefore should not have the right to an anonomous opinion like you do. You then go on to challenge the writter to meet you in person... congratulations you have just saved me from having to write anything else to show you are a sad excuse for an evolved primate.

Connections: If you lived in the getto or in africa dying of aids how far do you think your obviously dazling personality and attributes will get you.

While I can appreciate you are happy with what you have and tip my hat to you and anyone else who has this mentality, I cant for a second believe that someones destiny is what they make it when there are people out there that have more chance of being hit by lightning a thousand times in a minute than finding a way to survive let alone thrive.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It starts at the top, then filters down throughout the masses ?
What is it ? The attitude that was reflected in the post is real, but its never openly said in which the post dictates , but every ounce and molecule in the mega elites body is screaming that post in their aura, Powerul men /woman scream that message , In my opinion that message is real , just never said,but openly acted out , in body language,In speech , and demeanor .
Take that letter as an indication of who these people are , if their not mega elite , then they have been hangin around somebody,whos knows somebody,who knows somebody who ARE ! This is the give away , many people are influenced by this behavior , followers truly think it will lead the follower to success by emulating the attitude ,Cause that attitude is a power hungry insensitive mojo / Motto ,those who complain about this elite mojo are weak in there eyes ,Its social War , cant stress that enough,

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Meesterjojo

Perhaps you missed where I wrote this:

...I am VERY sure it was written to make a point. I would say the idea is that "the point" or "the message" is going to be interpreted differently, depending on the person.

Yes, I know the piece is satire...

ETA:
Giving you a star for participation, don't confuse that with agreeing with the message.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Just change rich or elite with power-mongers and it doesn't matter who wrote it. It is the way it is and hopefully this just doesn't go to the choir here, but spreads to those who haven't got the message. Thanks for bringing the outside opinions in. Good to know we're not the only quacks...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
*Disclaimer*
I did NOT write this, it was on the Scroogle homepage. I tried to link it, but as you may know, with each access to Scroogle, their "notes of the day" change. However, I thought it an interesting read, nonetheless... ETA: Please Note: I changed the word "rich" to "elite" because I thought it "fit" the theme better. Enjoy, or not...

On the other hand, the chances are pretty good that you'll slave away at some miserable job the rest of your life. That's because you were in all likelihood born into the wrong social class. Let's face it — you're a member of the working caste. Sorry!

As a result, you don't have the education, upbringing, connections, manners, appearance, and good taste to ever become one of us. In fact, you'd probably need a book the size of the yellow pages to list all the unfair advantages we have over you. That's why we're so relieved to know that you still continue to believe all those silly fairy tales about "justice" and "equal opportunity" in America.

Of course, in a hierarchical social system like ours, there's never been much room at the top to begin with. Besides, it's already occupied by us — and we like it up here so much that we intend to keep it that way. But at least there's usually someone lower in the social hierarchy you can feel superior to and kick in the teeth once in a while. Even a lowly dishwasher can easily find some poor slob further down in the pecking order to sneer and spit at. So be thankful for migrant workers, prostitutes, and homeless street people.

Always remember that if everyone like you were economically secure and socially privileged like us, there would be no one left to fill all those boring, dangerous, low-paid jobs in our economy. And no one to fight our wars for us, or blindly follow orders in our totalitarian corporate institutions. And certainly no one to meekly go to their grave without having lived a full and creative life. So please, keep up the good work!

You also probably don't have the same greedy, compulsive drive to possess wealth, power, and prestige that we have. And even though you may sincerely want to change the way you live, you're also afraid of the very change you desire, thus keeping you and others like you in a nervous state of limbo. So you go through life mechanically playing your assigned social role, terrified what others would think should you ever dare to "break out of the mold."

Naturally, we try to play you off against each other whenever it suits our purposes: high-waged workers against low-waged, unionized against non-unionized, Black against White, male against female, American workers against Japanese against Mexican against.... We continually push your wages down by invoking "foreign competition," "the law of supply and demand," "national security," or "the bloated federal deficit." We throw you on the unemployed scrap heap if you step out of line or jeopardize our profits. And to give you an occasional break from the monotony of our daily economic blackmail, we allow you to participate in our stage-managed electoral shell games, better known to you ordinary folks as "elections." Happily, you haven't a clue as to what's really happening — instead, you blame "Aliens," "Tree-hugging Environmentalists," "Niggers," "Jews," Welfare Queens," and countless others for your troubled situation.

We're also very pleased that many of you still embrace the "work ethic," even though most jobs in our economy degrade the environment, undermine your physical and emotional health, and basically suck your one and only life right out of you. We obviously don't know much about work, but we're sure glad you do!

Of course, life could be different. Society could be intelligently organized to meet the real needs of the general population. You and others like you could collectively fight to free yourselves from our domination. But you don't know that. In fact, you can't even imagine that another way of life is possible. And that's probably the greatest, most significant achievement of our system — robbing you of your imagination, your creativity, your ability to think and act for yourself.

So we'd truly like to thank you from the bottom of our heartless hearts. Your loyal sacrifice makes possible our corrupt luxury; your work makes our system work. Thanks so much for "knowing your place" — without even knowing it!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I have known this for along time, you know where I am in society.
I was never born with a silver spoon in my mouth.

The way I try to break the mold is to be happy with what I have, I don't yearn for the latest gadget or gizmo. Little things make me happy.

Ruling elite classes have run my country England and the UK for centuries, I don't see this ever changing here or in America.

Those that rule some nations who want a fairer life for all are branded terrorist nations.
Though those in power no matter who is charge will be corrupted by power sooner or later.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Thanks for your thoughts, everyone that contributed so far.
It was interesting to read your perspectives.
I think Satire is a great way to view current social perspectives.

<< 1   >>

join