It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A note of appreciation from The Elite

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
*Disclaimer*
I did NOT write this, it was on the Scroogle homepage. I tried to link it, but as you may know, with each access to Scroogle, their "notes of the day" change. However, I thought it an interesting read, nonetheless... ETA: Please Note: I changed the word "rich" to "elite" because I thought it "fit" the theme better. Enjoy, or not...

On the other hand, the chances are pretty good that you'll slave away at some miserable job the rest of your life. That's because you were in all likelihood born into the wrong social class. Let's face it — you're a member of the working caste. Sorry!

As a result, you don't have the education, upbringing, connections, manners, appearance, and good taste to ever become one of us. In fact, you'd probably need a book the size of the yellow pages to list all the unfair advantages we have over you. That's why we're so relieved to know that you still continue to believe all those silly fairy tales about "justice" and "equal opportunity" in America.

Of course, in a hierarchical social system like ours, there's never been much room at the top to begin with. Besides, it's already occupied by us — and we like it up here so much that we intend to keep it that way. But at least there's usually someone lower in the social hierarchy you can feel superior to and kick in the teeth once in a while. Even a lowly dishwasher can easily find some poor slob further down in the pecking order to sneer and spit at. So be thankful for migrant workers, prostitutes, and homeless street people.

Always remember that if everyone like you were economically secure and socially privileged like us, there would be no one left to fill all those boring, dangerous, low-paid jobs in our economy. And no one to fight our wars for us, or blindly follow orders in our totalitarian corporate institutions. And certainly no one to meekly go to their grave without having lived a full and creative life. So please, keep up the good work!

You also probably don't have the same greedy, compulsive drive to possess wealth, power, and prestige that we have. And even though you may sincerely want to change the way you live, you're also afraid of the very change you desire, thus keeping you and others like you in a nervous state of limbo. So you go through life mechanically playing your assigned social role, terrified what others would think should you ever dare to "break out of the mold."

Naturally, we try to play you off against each other whenever it suits our purposes: high-waged workers against low-waged, unionized against non-unionized, Black against White, male against female, American workers against Japanese against Mexican against.... We continually push your wages down by invoking "foreign competition," "the law of supply and demand," "national security," or "the bloated federal deficit." We throw you on the unemployed scrap heap if you step out of line or jeopardize our profits. And to give you an occasional break from the monotony of our daily economic blackmail, we allow you to participate in our stage-managed electoral shell games, better known to you ordinary folks as "elections." Happily, you haven't a clue as to what's really happening — instead, you blame "Aliens," "Tree-hugging Environmentalists," "Niggers," "Jews," Welfare Queens," and countless others for your troubled situation.

We're also very pleased that many of you still embrace the "work ethic," even though most jobs in our economy degrade the environment, undermine your physical and emotional health, and basically suck your one and only life right out of you. We obviously don't know much about work, but we're sure glad you do!

Of course, life could be different. Society could be intelligently organized to meet the real needs of the general population. You and others like you could collectively fight to free yourselves from our domination. But you don't know that. In fact, you can't even imagine that another way of life is possible. And that's probably the greatest, most significant achievement of our system — robbing you of your imagination, your creativity, your ability to think and act for yourself.

So we'd truly like to thank you from the bottom of our heartless hearts. Your loyal sacrifice makes possible our corrupt luxury; your work makes our system work. Thanks so much for "knowing your place" — without even knowing it!

[edit on 29-12-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Wow. I wonder if that was actually written by the rich, or written by someon trying to state a point?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

What ever, they probably think like that anyway.

People have so many wrong attitudes in this world, and they think they have to be part of some elite family or something.

Its like if i would know that i would get inheritance from a rich family member, i would say to him, do not bother putting me in your will, as i just do not want it.

People obsess with money and thats the only way they judge a life, lol.

I do not want money and as long as i have food to eat, thats ok with me, life is boring and people are too.

Like the bruce almighty movie, where they do a piece where the caretaker is the happiest man. Thats the life i would choose to live if i was left alone. Just a rubbish job, but with no hassles, is alot better than alot higher paid jobs.

So if the elite think they are great, than so what. I doubt many of them are better than alot of poor people, with a heart, and i doubt they know what a heart is.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Interesting piece. I stumbled upon it some days ago somewhere else:

antinewworldorder.blogspot.com... appreciation-from-rich-l-ets-be.html

Namaste,

Deckard

[edit on 29/12/2009 by Deckard666]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

What ever, they probably think like that anyway.

People have so many wrong attitudes in this world, and they think they have to be part of some elite family or something.

Its like if i would know that i would get inheritance from a rich family member, i would say to him, do not bother putting me in your will, as i just do not want it.

I don't agree with your view. First, let me start by asking you andy, where are you from? Are you from Europe, Australia or North America by any chance? Do you, or your immidiate family make it above the poverty line of your country?

If so, congratulations, you are an 'elitist'. Just think about it, most people outside the regions I outlined would look at you like the richest person they've ever seen, able to afford computers, internet, cars, etc, etc.

Now that you found out you're an 'elitist', did you ever think of people in underdeveloped countries as nothing more than labor force that makes all the goods you have possible? My guess is any sane person doesn't. Same is true for the people *we* consider rich. The message was obviously written by a mentally ill person.

If it turns out you weren't an 'elitist', then you're *probably* reading the opinion of one.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by daniel_g]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Wow. I wonder if that was actually written by the rich, or written by someon trying to state a point?

Hmm, not sure who it was written by, but I am VERY sure it was written to make a point. I would say the idea is that "the point" or "the message" is going to be interpreted differently, depending on the person.

ed: sp

[edit on 29-12-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Hi LS! Interesting satire. Whoever wrote it has a pretty good idea of how things are done around here, I would say. He definitely got a few jabs in at the ultra-riche, but I think I also noted a few sour grapes along the way.

Good find.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by daniel_g

i am from London and i had a chance to goto university but i walked away from my alevels. Yep i could of done alot in my life, but i just did not want to know.

Give me a job working on the buildings, rather than any office job. thats my attitude.

i just wanted to work in a job that has piece and quiet. people in the west where i live would call me a loser for saying this, but i do not want what they want.

Like for instance i never do the lottery as i just do not want to know. As long as i have enough food to eat and somewhere to live, i will be ok with life.

But for some reason i could not live a life in peace and quiet like i wanted, and walking away from my alevels and not wanting a career in terms of what normal people want, brought me alot of hassles.

I just say screw them, my life is my life, if i do not want what you want, thats my choice.

[edit on 12/29/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Of course, life could be different. Society could be intelligently organized to meet the real needs of the general population. You and others like you could collectively fight to free yourselves from our domination. But you don't know that. In fact, you can't even imagine that another way of life is possible.

that's all i hope, that they keep thinking that nobody knows. and so they'll fall :
the fact being that as small as we are today, the number is however increasing everyday.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

...you don't have the education, upbringing, connections, manners, appearance, and good taste to ever become one of us. In fact, you'd probably need a book the size of the yellow pages to list all the unfair advantages we have over you.

Education: From the look of this letter, I'd say a good 80% of ATSers have more than equaled the education of whomever wrote this letter.

Upbringing: I've been brought up to shoot and defend righteousness and good will with genuine self-draining honor and courage, whereas you've obviously been brought up to cower in the corner of anonymity. By the way, I'll give you my name and address, if you'd dare to meet in person.

Connections: I have connections to people I admire, respect, adore, and care for, whereas you have connections with people you keep at a distance and ultimately live in fear of. I laugh heartily at you...not with you.

Manners: Even the Queen of England, Sandra Bullock and Oprah have to squeeze out a log or relieve the inner pressure every now and then, and don't think we think you're above it. You're not.

Appearance: As if you would appear anything but tacky, unoriginal and manufactured, and thus extremely undesirable to us.

Good Taste: Saying you've got good taste, is as tacky and ill-classed as my comment about your manners. Whether you like it or not, we're all worm food just the same.

Why would any of us, want to be you(?)...I mean really.

Just a word of advice: The more you have to flaunt, the more you have to lose, the more you have to fear. I'd rather live 10 lives like mine than half of one like yours.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
We have become educated, because in the past
The hamster would have never complained about turning the wheel,
and
The Wheel would have never complained about the Hamster that made it go round, no matter what direction it was going!
So the question is
Does the hamster have control of wheel direction?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

What you're describing, a philosophy on life, is one of the reasons I changed the word "rich" to "elite" in the title. "Rich" tends to focus people in on money and material whereas "Elite" may tend to focus people in on an ideal or an outlook on life.

I think that is where this piece was going...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
obviously not written by one of the elite but half decent satire nonetheless. i liked the part where he says we make you fight amongst yourselves.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
A pretty good read. Thanks for sharing it with us.

The identity of the poster is kind of irrelevant. Look at the message the person is trying to elicit from readers.

Happily, you haven't a clue as to what's really happening — instead, you blame "Aliens," "Tree-hugging Environmentalists," "Niggers," "Jews," Welfare Queens," and countless others for your troubled situation.

This is very important. We keep looking at the puppets and label those we do not like as scapegoats. But this plays exactly into the puppeteer's wishes. It does not matter what you blame or choose to focus on, as long as it is not the real perpetrators, they are happy and will continue to be in power.

[edit on 30/12/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
some people became rich by working their way from low class to upper class. some rich people just inherit money from family without doing anything. its not about rich-poor its about corrupt and straight.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Thanks for this post, LadySkadi.

The piece also seems to me to exist mainly to make a point, and to rub it in, but I doubt that the author is represented in it.

What "elite" person would break the code and talk to us?

The "elite" status would be completely at odds with social communication with a perceived social subordinate.

Also, the strength, peace, and joy we DO possess is the very thing they envy, I think. Just another sign that "they" don't run everything, and have things that are intangible and always just beyond their reach.

I appreciate the distinction made by the OP between "rich" and "elite," as well.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Anyone with half a brain already knows this how the 'elite' feel about the rest of us. Here is the quote that did it for me.

Barbara Bush on the tens of thousands of New Orleans citizens who lost their homes during hurricane Katrina, forced to take up residence in the Super Dome...

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this--this (she chuckles slightly) is working very well for them." socialitelife.celebuzz.com...

What a bitch!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Regardless of the validity of the "elite" authorship, I think the thread is valuable to explore what is truely valuable in life. Money and power it would seem make you less an admirable human being, at the very least.

It also seems to me the "elite" would spend a large amount of time excessing over the fact that their numbers are in the hundreds while ours are in the billions. I'll give up the wealth and power for the peace of mind, thank you. Oh, and by-the-way, "Rot in HELL!"

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
Anyone with half a brain already knows this how the 'elite' feel about the rest of us. Here is the quote that did it for me.

Barbara Bush on the tens of thousands of New Orleans citizens who lost their homes during hurricane Katrina, forced to take up residence in the Super Dome...

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this--this (she chuckles slightly) is working very well for them." socialitelife.celebuzz.com...

What a bitch!

The problem is that the average person does not think about these things. Those Harvard graduates with certificates that highlight their expertise in areas of mathematics and science are not thinking about these things. VERY smart, perceptive people have been conditioned to distract themselves from things that are important. It's all about distraction and misdirection.

[edit on 30/12/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This is how it works. In the UK, you go to the best schools followed by the best universities, where you make your contacts, these contacts all come in handy after leaving Oxford or Cambridge. These contacts ensure you take the jobs with the most power and money. These elite members of our society believe it is perfectly normal that this is how it works and that those in the lower rungs of society are lazy for not working hard enough to improve their lot.

and for some reason the masses in the UK seem to agree with the elite. The masses prefer to blame those on Benefits and blame the immigrants for all societies ills, rather than look at where the real injustices lie.

I think marx called it False class consciousness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join