It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any bikers in this place?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
...my family used to have a motorcycle dealership - bsa, hodaka, triumph, yamaha... i worked there for a while in the 80s - sold parts (zero mechanical aptitude but i know the basics of a motorcycle, can read a microphish and match up numbers - it wasnt rocket science, lol)...

...one day this guy comes up to the counter and asked for a part but i didnt recognize the word... so, i walked back into the shop and asked a mechanic, "where do i look for an eyegotzashoat?"... he busted out laughin, then went up to the parts counter and tattled on me to the customer... my cheeks were so red i thought they were going to ignite...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Oh that brings back memories!!! I had an RD-400 and, my God, that little two stroke monster was fast!!! Now all that is left of it is some road rash scars, down my left side, and a ton of great memories.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
That's a nice one!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
I was just curious. I metioned a new scooter I'm building in another thread and got to wondering how many bikers we've got on board.

You got an old school "Outlaw" Biker here.

Got an 04 Custom Soft Tail 88 CI, slightly chopped, custom paint, power comander, Willie Max saddle bags, 27 inch sissy bar..............kinda a mix of old school style with modern power.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cadef20cba67.jpg[/atsimg]

I have use of one of these at the moment, not really my choice of bike at all, but I gotta say, I really like this thing

It's a 4 stroke 125cc, 2010 model so it's the smallest engine I have ever seen that is injected, that made me smile - something to do with emission's I suppose, it's a great little bike, nothing very special at all but it is reliable as anything, it's a minimum of 100 miles to a gallon it will do 70mph unless your heading into a strong head wind, then maybe 65. It is comfortable but surprisingly precise to handle (of course helped by the fact it don't weigh much and the breaks are very good) - in fact the front end took a little getting used to, sharp breaks and soft forks and not a heavy bike, I worried about the first time I'd have to pull the bike to a stop in the wet greasy road type situation... Well I have seriously tested that out, that front tyre never locked one bit even when uncomfortable banked over! (I love small bikes, I am very hard on them when I push it) - the control over the front end is very acceptable once you feel it in.

This bike new is about £2,500, total bargain, it does exactly what it should do - I reckon this thing would be a doddle to maintain, it would be excellent for a city commute to and from work of something like up to 30 miles each way, it's a very respectable little bike.

And no, I do not work for Yamaha, I just needed a bike and this thing happened to tick all the boxes

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This is my style of bike
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/193b3d952a2c.jpg[/atsimg]

Ive been wanting to build one like that for awhile now. Triumphs are getting hard to find for a decent price, but Im looking for anything similar. You just dont see too many old bikes for sale around here. If anyone knows where a project bike is for cheap, let me know.(honda, kawasaki, etc..) All I really need is the basic necessities to make it run. Im gonna make my own tank, handlebars, fenders etc.. and would probably throw away alot of the stock parts.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Bin riding forever, done my time on jap and Brit iron, got an old evo sporty now and can't see myself ever wanting to swap it.
I'll bung a pic up when I can.

LL&R

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I am currently putting together a moped bicycle. But I have an interest in motorcycle engines lately because of my little project. Its not much of what most states call a motorcycle. But it gets good gas millage and goes about 45 mph from what I have read in reviews about this kit and at their website. It's more time consuming than i thought but I guess I was a little unprepared to construct this moped. I needed a chain breaking tool and the right bicycle. My cruiser bicycle had to much clearance to mount it in the frame.That's one thing you REALLY need to consider before building this kit. The right bicycle for the engine's size and it's mounting requirements.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone

now that's a bike Cheesefacedogbone! Those are the kind motorcycles I favor. F**KN LOVE IT!
edit on 5-4-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Want one.....
www.youtube.com...

edit on 11-4-2011 by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I love the Can Am three wheel bikes now! I might try to save up some money for one. It looks very modern looking and probably pretty fast to. They are those motorbikes with two wheels in the front and one in the back. It is defiantly a new breed of motorcycles.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranormal78

now that's a bike Cheesefacedogbone! Those are the kind motorcycles I favor. F**KN LOVE IT!
edit on 5-4-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

I have a buddy that build bikes like that one in his garage. He finds old Honda's and other Jap bikes, and turns them into triumph-looking bobbers. He uses a cheap hydraulic pipe bender for the frame and exhaust. He usually only ends up with only around $500 in them(bike included), and sells them for around $2000-$2500.

If I ever get any free time, I gonna build one. The problem is finding a bike on the cheap, with a good engine.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Cool He does a good job making those motorcycles. they could almost pass for an American bike. I like Victory, Harley, Davidson, Indian, and Can Am motorcycles.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Another biker checking in here.
I'd love a Harley Sportster but they're way out of my budget unfortunately.

Here's my bike and it's Not a Sportster but my classic 1975 Honda.

A classic 1975 Honda CB 550F SuperSport. 4 Carbs and a racing header ...Muholland racing shocks equates to big time FUN on the back roads !

The sound alone of those 4 carbs opening up and gulping in air is indescribable. Akin to an F1 Racing Bike.

Everything works even after all of these years and when I get on the cam at 9K RPM I know why Honda has dominated Moto GP for decades with it's 4 cylinder racing machines !

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join