It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 16, 2010: The Beginning of the End!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Bible prophecy is being fulfilled right before our eyes.
1.Israel is a nation again
2.The third temple will soon be built
Those who know the truth are deemed to be liars,fanatics,crazies...
Those who think they know the truth are treated as being truthful,
intelligent and aware.
Time is running out and people better wake up before it is too late.

Its not a prophecy.

Its a plan, an agenda...and its all full of crap. I can prove it, I just used it to clean myself as I ran out of toilet paper.

[edit on 9/1/2010 by the_denv]

So it is the agenda of the Christians to be persecuted and put to death.... I see it's all coming together now... You are narrow minded and still living with the mind set that the anti-Christian Popes are still in political control. Please visit a Christian in your nearest communist country and see what their "agenda" is. It's the year 2010 not 1095!!! The Crusades are over.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I am new to the ATS forums, but I stumbled across this post and decided that I had to throw my two cents in. I have never been strongly involved with any religious pursuits, nor have I ever wanted to be. I seem to find my own way quite fine. It seems to me that people are more bickering over context and what they personally believe rather than actually seeing what is going on around them. I'm not one to dispute or confirm the words in the Bible. In fact, I have read it, as well as other religions texts. While many of the prophecies stated in the Bible seem like they're coming to pass, I think the more important words that Jesus spoke of was to be kind to one another. Obviously we can't do that whether we're Christians, Jews, Muslim, Wiccan, Buddhist, etc. Jesus spoke of tolerance, and all I can see is intolerance from the "one TRUE religion" as someone spoke of on this topic. I myself am a seer of sorts. I can communicate with people that were once alive and well. I can also communicate with many not-so-nice things. I see the future at times, and can read people's minds rather well when asked to. Does that make me a bad person? Does that condemn me to a life of torment in a fiery pit? I don't think so. But what I do know is that something big is coming. I have seen it several times before. The thinning of the veil between what we know now and what else is out there is going to happen. If you choose to see it as Bible Prophecy, then fine. The way I see it, I'm going to have one hell of a fight on my hands, as well as everybody else that can see what is happening. This is our world, and I will never bow to anyone to protect what is mine.

Peace to all.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

And where exactly are Christians being singled out, persecuted and put to death, pray tell??? Somehow I missed this little tidbit in world affairs...

This isn't ancient Rome, and I haven't noticed a Coliseum full of lions anywhere lately... It's 2010, not 210...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueperspective
The only difference is that the Bible has never changed and has always been proven accurate given enough time.

Name one instance, just one... The reason that science textbooks are being rewritten is that new discoveries are made every day. As far as a weak argument goes, if you need an example of one, just refer back to the post of yours that I have quoted here... textbook example of a weak argument...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

And where exactly are Christians being singled out, persecuted and put to death, pray tell??? Somehow I missed this little tidbit in world affairs...

This isn't ancient Rome, and I haven't noticed a Coliseum full of lions anywhere lately... It's 2010, not 210...

You are admitting that you are ignorant then....
...start here to cure this...

Behead a Christian and raise your rank.
www.wnd.com...

More links on the bottom of the page too.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueperspective
The only difference is that the Bible has never changed and has always been proven accurate given enough time.

Name one instance, just one... The reason that science textbooks are being rewritten is that new discoveries are made every day. As far as a weak argument goes, if you need an example of one, just refer back to the post of yours that I have quoted here... textbook example of a weak argument...

Here is one. Someone earlier mentioned the prohibition against eating Rabbits as an example of the Bible being wrong.

Here is some evidence that the Bible is right.

Do rabbits chew their cud? The Bible beats the sceptics (again) … by Jonathan Sarfati

The book of Leviticus contains a number of food laws that the ancient Israelites were to obey. Modern medicine has shown that many of them had very good health benefits for people in that time and place. As the Law of Moses was our tutor to lead people to Christ (Galatians 3:24), many of the individual commands are no longer applicable after Christ’s death for our sins and His bodily resurrection from the dead. In particular, the Lord Jesus and His Apostles declared that all foods are now ‘clean’ (Mark 7:18–19, Acts 10:10–15, Colossians 2:16).

Some of the food laws have been attacked by sceptics as ‘proof’ that the Bible makes mistakes, meaning it could not be God’s written word. For example, Leviticus 11:3–6 says:

1. ‘Whatever divides the hoof, and is cloven-footed, chewing the cud, among the animals, that you shall eat.

2. ‘Only, you shall not eat these of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: the camel, for he chews the cud but does not divide the hoof; he is unclean to you.

3. ‘And the rock badger, because he chews the cud, but does not divide the hoof; he is unclean to you.

4. ‘And the hare, because he chews the cud but does not divide the hoof; he is unclean to you.’

We showed a photo of the camel’s hoof in Creation 19(4):29, 1997, proving that the Leviticus 11:4 assertion was right that the camel did not completely ‘divide the hoof’, despite what some sceptics claim. Other sceptics have claimed that the Coney (Hebrew shaphan, = hyrax, rock badger) and hare (Hebrew ’arnebeth = hare/rabbit) don’t chew the cud.

In modern English, animals that ‘chew the cud’ are called ruminants. They hardly chew their food when first eaten, but swallow it into a special stomach where the food is partially digested. Then it is regurgitated, chewed again, and swallowed into a different stomach. Animals which do this include cows, sheep and goats, and they all have four stomachs. Coneys and rabbits are not ruminants in this modern sense.

However, the Hebrew phrase for ‘chew the cud’ simply means ‘raising up what has been swallowed’. Coneys and rabbits go through such similar motions to ruminants that Linnaeus, the father of modern classification (and a creationist), at first classified them as ruminants. Also, rabbits and hares practise refection, which is essentially the same principle as rumination, and does indeed ‘raise up what has been swallowed’. The food goes right through the rabbit and is passed out as a special type of dropping. These are re-eaten, and can now nourish the rabbit as they have already been partly digested.

It is not an error of Scripture that ‘chewing the cud’ now has a more restrictive meaning than it did in Moses’ day. Indeed, rabbits and hares do ‘chew the cud’ in an even more specific sense. Once again, the Bible is right and the sceptics are wrong.

From Do rabbits chew their cud?

Now I know that some people ( hi moocowman
) will want to say something like, *what do you expect from a site that is called "creation.com", duh* so I figured I better include some information from a "secular" site, as well.

Quotes from an article at peteducation.com.

The digestion of rabbits, guinea pigs, most other rodents, and several other mammals has a unique aspect, and that is the formation of cecotropes. Through this special mechanism, these animals can receive more nutrition from what they eat. This special digestive process has been referred to as 'cecotrophy,' 'hindgut fermentation,' 'coprophagy,' or 'pseudorumination.'

What are cecotropes?

Cecotropes, also called 'night feces' or 'soft feces,' are the material resulting from the fermentation of food in a part of the digestive system called the 'cecum.' Cecotropes are nutrient-rich and are passed out of the body, like feces, but are reingested by the animal so the nutrients can be absorbed. Cecotropes have twice the protein, and half of the fiber of the typical hard fecal pellet. They also contain high levels of vitamin K and the B vitamins.

Wow! There's that vitamin K again. (re: circumcision on the 8th day, also mentioned in Leviticus. Vitamin K a blood clotting factor which is at it's highest level in a newborn on the 8th day, confirmed by modern science.)

Again from the article:

In a way, cecotrophy is similar to the process of ruminant animals chewing their cud. Cows, goats, and other ruminants chew their food once, swallow it, and then the digestive process continues in the rumen where the fiber starts to be broken down by bacteria. When these animals chew their cud, the material from the rumen is brought up through the esophagus to the mouth, where it is rechewed and swallowed. By repeating this portion of the digestive process, ruminants, too, receive more nutrition from their food.

Cecotropes and Coprophagy

Probably the reason hares were unclean is because the above mentioned droppings contain the rabbits dung, which they eat to get additional nutrition.

Think about modern instances of e-coli contamination on vegetables caused by farm runoff.

Here is another interesting article World Population Since Creation

Here is a site to go to for more information that Science confirms the Bible.
I haven't read all the articles.

ARTICLES ON THE BIBLE AND SCIENCE

Information is easy to find, so, skeptics, before disputing, check the facts.

God Bless

Sezsue

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Nice try, but your 'source' is slightly biased (Christian fundie site)... Islamic Fundies are against any and all 'infidels' (non-muslims), not just Christians... Hmmm, fundies killing fundies... Seems like a Geraldo topic...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
what a load of

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

Are you really serious??? You wanna use nutrition as an example??? Gimme a break! The sad part is that you spent soooo much time 'researching' that!

*Fistpalm...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

reply to post by sezsue

Are you really serious??? You wanna use nutrition as an example??? Gimme a break! The sad part is that you spent soooo much time 'researching' that!

*Fistpalm...

Just because I love you, too!

You asked for proof, "just one thing".

I could come up with some more, but why bother?

Believe it or not, the Bible addresses when you should let people go on to their own devices, too.

You are a perfect example.

God Bless

sezsue

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

reply to post by troubleshooter

Nice try, but your 'source' is slightly biased (Christian fundie site)... Islamic Fundies are against any and all 'infidels' (non-muslims), not just Christians... Hmmm, fundies killing fundies... Seems like a Geraldo topic...

See, you guys are so predictable........

from my previous post to you:

Now I know that some people ( hi moocowman ) will want to say something like, *what do you expect from a site that is called "creation.com", duh* so I figured I better include some information from a "secular" site, as well.

God Bless

sezsue

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I like prophecy of the short term. It will be interesting to see if anything does happen on your specified date.

Man only 7 more posts and I can finally start my own thread.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

Since I have now pledged to no longer feed the 'soapbox' mentality around here, I am no longer posting on this thread. Feel free to 'preach' away... My position on the OP was made clear pages ago, no need to keep feeding the stubborn...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I suspect that nothing is gonna happen. I did believe in these kinds of things but I should take it with a grain of salt.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

reply to post by sezsue

Since I have now pledged to no longer feed the 'soapbox' mentality around here, I am no longer posting on this thread. Feel free to 'preach' away... My position on the OP was made clear pages ago, no need to keep feeding the stubborn...

ME:

I could come up with some more, but why bother?

Believe it or not, the Bible addresses when you should let people go on to their own devices, too.

Exactly!........

But I still love you anyway!

Have a fabulous day, you never know what could happen.

And, God Bless!!!

sezsue

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

Probably the reason hares were unclean is because the above mentioned droppings contain the rabbits dung, which they eat to get additional nutrition.

Actually, the clean animals have to be BOTH cud chewers AND divided HOOVES. Rabbits have no hooves. They have paws for feet. Pawed animals are unclean. Hooved animals are 4 legged land animals commonly considered "cattle". Cows, lambs, deer, elk, etc... are all clean land animals. Just like water animals.... only SCALED AND Finned animals are clean from the water. No shellfish. No catfish. No squid. No whales. No sharks. No swordfish. I know this because I adhere to the clean/unclean meats law. I do this because Jesus, the apostles and the first century church still adhered to these laws. Most verses in the bible that are considered to be proof of releasing from these laws are nothing more than misunderstood scriptures.

See you later Jax. You're funny and will be missed.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Jesus said that a man is not defiled by what he puts into his mouth but rather by what comes out. Also, to not be concerned about what we eat or wear.

What amuses me is how this thread about how March 16 2010 is the beginning of the end, has become a 'debate' about eating habits!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Jesus was refering to those who don't wash their hands in the manner that the Jews of His time did... in a ceremonial way. His comments had to do with the dirt on one's hands and any germs that get on your food is cleansed through digestion. Nothing about clean and unclean meats in His comments. There were a simple 3 or so posts on the meats. Get over it. In reference to the end time.... I'm skeptical but curious as to what will happen in 2012.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Good luck in your studies, and thanks for your interesting take on things.

One question, however: Don't they teach in your divnity school the dangers of prophetic "date setting," and specific caution with respect to Revelation and the prophetic section of Daniel? I suppose it depends on the school, but I advise you to ask one of your professors about "date setting."

Regards,

Silent Thunder

[edit on 1/14/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Yes, my school does warn about date setting...of the return of Jesus...but that is not what I'm setting a date for. I am setting a date for the rebuilding of the temple. This is one event that MUST take place before the end. Thanks for the reply

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join