It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 16, 2010: The Beginning of the End!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
A day in the life....

Go into an open field, lie down next to a few of your favorite plants.

Light up a big doobie.

Thank your god that you did not get pulverized by a giant asteroid today.

Go back in the house.

Get some sleep.

Go back to work in the morning with expectaction that you can do this again tonight!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeeperOfGenisis
reply to post by troubleshooter

Of course you'd say this what about the crusades and everthing like that i guess you happily forgot about them and our present day sitsuation muslims fighting christans and so on i guess your right though religion never ever caused any major conflicts.

Crusades, Northern Ireland, Dark Ages, I agree that organizations with a religious label or orientation did some nasty stuff...
...but don't think that abolishing religion would make for a peaceful earth...
...because the evidence is just not there to support your ideal.

What was the religious motivation behind the Cold War?
What religion is behind the totalitarian regime of North Korea?
What was the religious motivation in appartite South Africa?
Iraq was a secular state under Saddam, was that war religious or economic/oil?
Japan attacked countries of various religious orientation.

I am not religious but your anti-religion stance can not be supported...
...most conflict is about economics, power and emperialism.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

I'm sorry, but I believe that you have made an error in your post. Fr. Malachi Martin is a modern day former priest and author (deceased 1999). St. Malachy is the person who gave the prophecy, it was released in 1590, some claim it to be a forgery but imo even IF that is the case it still has been pretty spot on by whoever or wherever it came from.

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I agree wars of today are purely about power but for the first 1500 years BC wars we purely religious and what of terrorisim? what is it they think they blow themselves up and get 100 virgins upon entering heaven don't quote me on that it's a guess) thats purely religious if there were no religion the planet would be a much better and safer place pure and simple i don't hate religion i just disagree with what it preaches.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Crap, 2 days after my 21st birthday!
Oh well atleast it's afterwards

Third line

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Of course you'd say this what about the crusades and everthing like that i guess you happily forgot about them and our present day sitsuation muslims fighting christans and so on i guess your right though religion never ever caused any major conflicts.

Crusades, Northern Ireland, Dark Ages, I agree that organizations with a religious label or orientation did some nasty stuff...

For someone that says they are not religious you certainly know the words of the bible like your a priest

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

For someone that says they are not religious you certainly know the words of the bible like your a priest

I am a Christ-one but not at all religious (no group, no doctrinal list, no ritual, no sacred thing, times or places).

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I've never read the entire Bible. Most of what I know, I know from Bible study and other Christians around me. Anyway, one thing I have always been told is that no one will know the end date. I don't know why people think they have it figured out using scripture and world events when the very Bible they're quoting has already said no one will know. Nothing will happen in March. The third temple isn't even close to being built. Do you people even know what's already there? A mosque. Don't you think the Muslims will have something to say about it? For a temple to be built, the mosque must be destroyed.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivorywire
I've never read the entire Bible. Most of what I know, I know from Bible study and other Christians around me. Anyway, one thing I have always been told is that no one will know the end date. I don't know why people think they have it figured out using scripture and world events when the very Bible they're quoting has already said no one will know. Nothing will happen in March. The third temple isn't even close to being built. Do you people even know what's already there? A mosque. Don't you think the Muslims will have something to say about it? For a temple to be built, the mosque must be destroyed.

Here is another reference...

"But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief." 1 Thessalonians 5:1-4

So children of the light will know the times and the seasons.

The day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night during a time of 'peace and safety'.

So the children of darkness are lulled into a false sense of security for some reason.

But only the children of the light will realize this is the trigger for 'the day of the Lord'...
...presumably the Spirit will reveal it to them.

We are certainly not in a time of 'peace and safety'.
And there is still no specific date setting!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
reply to post by sezsue

I'm sorry, but I believe that you have made an error in your post. Fr. Malachi Martin is a modern day former priest and author (deceased 1999). St. Malachy is the person who gave the prophecy, it was released in 1590, some claim it to be a forgery but imo even IF that is the case it still has been pretty spot on by whoever or wherever it came from.

Peace

You're right, thank you for correcting me. I know the difference, I just get the names mixed up. Got the first name spelled right, though, and I had to go back and edit for that. Missed the last name error though.

I hate it when that happens!

Bless you
sezsue

[edit on 10-1-2010 by sezsue]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Sorry but your interpretation of this matter of this scripture is way out, so I feel compelled to correct you, not to convince you, but for the other readers of this thread.

Jesus statement in Matthew 24:14 & 15 is 100% ALL in the future from when he said it. Can it be any other way? No, because it involved the spread of Christianity first, and many other signs that would be happening after his death, that's what Matthew 24 is all about up until this point. It has nothing to do with the past, except referencing the Daniel prophesy which was the Messianic prophesy of 70 weeks, which wasn't even complete yet. The chart below is the best way to describe it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8685b9cdfd36.jpg[/atsimg]

Back to the Scripture Matthew 24: 14 & 15

14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. 15 “Therefore, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,)

This is one of the only places in the bible where the reader is admonished to really think about this and use there own discernment. The reason is verse 15 has dual fulfillment, 1st was when the Roman armies invaded under General Gallus in 66 CE, when they never finished the job, this allowed the faithful Christians to fulfill verse 16

16Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains

But then the Romans returned in 70 CE under General Titus and sieged & raised Jerusalem. So the disgusting thing is the pagan "Roman armies" in the 1st century.

The reader (us) must discern the dual nature of this prophesy, because there is going to be a "disgusting thing" standing in a holy place in the last days too, it too will wield power like the Roman armies did. It will invade and attack as well, and it will be disgusting to those who don't like what it does. This is in the future. After it begins it's attack, humanity will experience this,

Matthew 24: 21-22a

21For then there will be great tribulation (affliction, distress, and oppression) such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now--no, and never will be [again]. 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved;

This "Great Tribulation" is what everybody at ATS fears, many sense it's nearness, they don't know exactly when or how or even why, but they see world events trending this way, and they are right.
Even now it's easy to see how the entire world economic system itself is set to go down during this "Great Tribulation".

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

Sorry but your interpretation of this matter of this scripture is way out, so I feel compelled to correct you, not to convince you, but for the other readers of this thread.

455 BC is the beginning of the 'seventy-sevens' of Daniel you reckon?
Some think the time period began in 457 BC.
Some think the 70th week is cut-off from the 69th week during the 'time of the Gentiles'.

The 'seventy-sevens' began with Cyrus approx 533 BC not Artaxerxes.

Just read the text, it's there...

Daniel 9:25 "...from the going forth of the commandment..."

Isaiah 44:28 "That saith of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid."

Jesus statement in Matthew 24:14 & 15 is 100% ALL in the future from when he said it. Can it be any other way?

The text says different.

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:" Matthew 24:15

One of the major failures of Christendom is that it became predominantly Gentile early and Hellenizing influences took hold...
...isolated itself from it's Hebrew origins was the subject of Paul's letter to the Romans and Hebrews.

Unless you understand what the Daniel prophecies concerning Antiochus Ephiphanies meant to the success of the incarnation of Jesus you will never understand this reference in Matthew 24.

Without the Maccabeen revolution there would have been no Israel...
...from which Jesus would be born.

Popular eschatology focuses on the pig on the altar thing and a literal 3rd Temple...
...but this is just part of the lie...
...until you understand that when Jesus spoke of the temple He was referring to His body, you will never understand this passage.

The Sanctuary in the wilderness set up post Exodus was symbolic and prophetic of what would happen to the Lord when He became flesh.

John saw this when he said, "...the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us..." John 1:14

The word 'dwelt' is 'skenoo' meaning tent or tabernacle...
...the Word as Jesus 'tented' among us.

A third temple would be just another denial by the Jews that Jesus was the Messiah...
...because Jesus was the embodiment of the Temple...
...Jesus was the Sanctuary in the flesh...
...Jesus was the embodiment of 'heaven and earth'...
...Jesus was the embodiment of the Shekinah that indwelt the Temple...
...and it still floors me that Christians are caught up in this 3rd temple deception...
..and make the same error that the Jews of Jesus day made.

[edit on 10/1/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

The text says different. "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:" Matthew 24:15

No it doesn't, your pulling that from the entirety of it's context as in Jesus was answering a question that his disciple asked that was in the future not the past.

Matthew 24:3

3As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

If you don't understand or want to comprehend that the resulting answer Jesus gave in Matthew 24 was ALL future based prophesy, you have been mislead.

One point I agree with you on though, there will be no third physical temple.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

The text says different. "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:" Matthew 24:15

No it doesn't, your pulling that from the entirety of it's context as in Jesus was answering a question that his disciple asked that was in the future not the past.

Matthew 24:3

3As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

If you don't understand or want to comprehend that the resulting answer Jesus gave in Matthew 24 was ALL future based prophesy, you have been mislead.

One point I agree with you on though, there will be no third physical temple.

Ok...let me say it slowly...

The Abomination of Desolation is a reference to a prophecy recorded in Daniel...
...the text says so.

The Jews had a feast called the Festival of Lights, aka the Feast of Dedication or Hanukkah...
...that commemorated the restoration of the Temple after Antiochus Epiphanies defiled it...
...by erecting an idol and slaughting a pig on the altar.

There was much more to it that this...
...Antiochus Epiphanies was determined to destroy Israel...
...another roadblock put in place to stop the revealing of Jesus as Messiah.

Antiochus Epiphanies was regarded by the Jews as the Abomination of Desolation predicted by Daniel's prophecy...
...Jesus disciples would have totally understood the history...
...and participated in the feast as did Jesus...
...and they would have also understood that Jesus was reapplying in principle this historic Abomination of Desolation to a future event.

In Matthew 24: Jesus is predicting a future application of Daniel's prophecy...
...another future Abomination of Desolation...
...that would do stuff like Antiochus Epiphanies did.

So yes it is a future prophecy...
...and it is based on a previous fulfillment that had a rich history in Hebrew culture.

[edit on 11/1/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

I agree wars of today are purely about power but for the first 1500 years BC wars we purely religious and what of terrorisim? what is it they think they blow themselves up and get 100 virgins upon entering heaven don't quote me on that it's a guess) thats purely religious if there were no religion the planet would be a much better and safer place pure and simple i don't hate religion i just disagree with what it preaches.

If religion ceased to exist, Man would find other excuses to wage war upon eachother. And because war involves killing other humans, Man would find other ways to self justify mass murder.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Of course you know I don't agree with your timeline 100%. I, for starters, believe Jesus to have been crucified in 31CE due to the TWO sabbaths that took place within the 3 days and 3 nights in the tomb. This would mean His ministry started in 27CE instead of 28 or 29. Either way, good post.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JacobTheBomb

It's right there in the first link he gave.
"on March 16, 2010, construction will begin on the third Temple."

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Like I said 2010 will come and go by without a problem you'll see!
just look out for 2014-15 thats when the good stuff will occur.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." Matthew 24:36

Real Christians don't set dates!

I'm not setting a date for the end. I'm setting the date when the third temple is to begin being built. I have set no dates for the second coming or the great tribulation.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
Well I am looking forward to 2013 so I can have a look back a all the doom sayers 2012 posts and see what's the next doomsday year they will pick.

I dont believe in religion of any kind I mean lets look at the Bible a story book written by about 40+ people over a period of what 1500yrs. That uses a circular argument to claim its true!

All religions on Earth have creation stories, doomsday stories another thing they all have in common they were written by MEN!

So all religious texts have as much right to be believed as the main 3/4 religions. They all tell different stories they all cant be right so more chance of them all being wrong.

Take Jesus , tell a child from birth he is special tell him he is the son of god and over a period of time the brain washing works.

Religion is like politics its about POWER , religious men have always had control over the general population and it still continues today.

Like I said at the start roll on 1st Jan 2013!

I love the whole, "the Bible was written by men" arguement. So was EVERY science text book ever written!! The only difference is that the Bible has never changed and has always been proven accurate given enough time. BUT science text books are constanly being rewritten. I'm sorry but your argument is really WEAK. also, about religion being a POWER thing. UHMMMMM......Go to any Oppressive country and see how much power comes your way by claiming you're a Christian. You will have the power over the 10x10 cell you are thrown into. Get a clue and look at the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join