It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 16, 2010: The Beginning of the End!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
u may have just predicted the next 9/11 bro, iv been reading something about this global climate treaty obama signed on 12/18/09 and its basically saying they are gunna tax us for carbon which breathing and # makes sooo idk there was a hr long vid i watched and it led me to believe that there was a terriost attack soon, and what do u know? on christmas there was a failed one.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Please if i have to hear another bible basher predicting the end of the world i might just cry lol

how many times have biblical prophicies came true in the past??? thats right none 2010 will come and go just like 2009 everytime something major happens all the christans are up in arms here on ATS claiming the end times are near just like the year 1000AD nothing happened after all the hysteria 2000AD same thing and im afraid to say 2010 will just be the same.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
I'm intrigued as to how you came up with March 16, 2010.

I do agree with the articles and the prophecies indeed coming true, however, I'm not sure where that exact date derived from. Maybe I missed it.

I kind of want to know too because March 15th is my birthday, and well, I might be really hung over on March 16th as a result of this coincidence.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I've come to the conclusion that the two of us agree on more than we think. Who do you think the Harlot Woman is? I say the "Roman Catholic Church" and the "Protestants" that branched off from them. Basically every so-called "christian" religion who doesn't adhere to the "Word of God" which is the Holy Bible.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The "Jews" are going to make a big mistake, the biggest mistake in "jewish" history. It's bad enough they rejected the messiah and slaughtered him the first time (according to the bible) but now they're clearly going to accept someone they shouldn't (according to the bible.)

[edit on 8-1-2010 by EMPIRE]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

Even if nothing happens on that day, I do believe we are very close to the promised second coming. Jesus told us to be aware of the signs, and made it very clear that we would know the time of his coming if we studied his words to us.

He made it clear that the Jewish people of the day should have recognized that he was their messiah. They didn't for two reasons.

First, the priests and scribes, who DID know, weren't telling the people.

Second,the people should have acted as the Bereans did, and checked out and studied the word for themselves, not relying on others giving them information, but reading the word for themselves.

Anyway, your point number 4 about Malachy Martin's famous pope prophecy, is interesting in the fact that the prophecy doesn't say the last pope will be the false prophet, it just says there will be a total of 112 popes, and then the End.

If we read Revelation, we see plainly that the False Prophet simply has to be the Pope, leader of the Catholic church, which is both a religion, a government, and a nation, so to speak. (Which I believe even though I am a former Catholic. I have known many wonderful people who are Catholic though, and I pray they come out of her, as Jesus said.)

With Benedict being the second to last, and being 83 in April 2010, he may not have much time left. So we have to wonder if there is anyone out there who may be the possible Peter, the Roman.

Well, in October 2009, Pope Benedict appointed Ghana Cardinal Peter Kwodo Appiah Turkson to the office of the president of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace, as a result of which, he will have to leave Ghana, and go to, where else.........ROME!!!!.

The reason this is exciting, is because he has been getting a lot more exposure lately and is seen as a very possible candidate to, wait for it, possibly **BECOME THE NEXT POPE**

Per this article I read:

An African cardinal has said the election of a black Pope is a good possibility, just as the United Nations has had a black secretary-general and the United States now has a black president.

Responding to a question at a Vatican press conference today about whether the Catholic Church is ready for a black Pope, Cardinal Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson of Ghana replied: “Why not?” He added the church has historically been “very successful” in electing “everyone” as pontiffs.

The cardinal referred to modern day precedents in high profile international positions, such as Kofi Annan chosen to be secretary-general of the United Nations, and now Barack Obama as president of the United States. “If God would wish to see a black man as a Pope, thanks be to God,” he said. Turkson, who is himself tipped as papabile (a possible candidate for the papacy), stressed that every priest, when ordained, should accept the possibility that he may become a bishop, cardinal, or a pontiff.

African Cardinal: Church Ready for Black Pope

from another article about the cardinal:

Ghana’s first Catholic Cardinal, Peter Appiah Turkson is closer to becoming the first black pope ever of the Catholic Church. Saturday October 24, 2009, Pope Benedict appointed Cardinal Turkson to head the Vatican’s justice and peace office. This position is a high-profile one that cements his reputation as a possible future candidate for the papal office, according to the Associated Press. The justice and peace office is responsible for promoting the church’s social teachings on justice issues, such as war, the death penalty and human rights. Turkson told reporters three weeks ago there was no reason there couldn’t be a black pope, particularly after Barack Obama was elected U.S. president. Turkson’s appointment to his new post was announced at the end of a three-week Vatican meeting on the role of the Catholic Church in Africa, which Turkson had headed.

Ghana’s Cardinal Turkson gets closer to becoming first black pope

One more thing. I want to stress that even though Malachy Martin was Catholic, and his prophecy is remarkably accurate, I believe we should remember that Revelation makes it clear that the Catholic church is Mystery Babylon the Great, Mother of Harlots.

Not all prophecies that come true are given by God, but sometimes God lets prophecies come true to test us, and make sure we are following His instructions. He basically said if the prophets follow and teach His Gospel, He sent them, but if they teach another Gospel, they aren't His prophets, even if their prophecies come true. I can say, as a former Catholic, the church does teach a different Gospel, very different.

We are living in exciting times, and Jesus is keeping his promise that we would not be unaware, having given us the signs of the times.

Jesus said He said he was going to prepare a place for us, get to know Him now while you can, so you can join the party when He returns as He promised.

To me, the signs say He is even at the doors.

God Bless

sezsue

[edit on 9-1-2010 by sezsue]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
It's bad enough they rejected the messiah and slaughtered him the first time (according to the bible) but now they're clearly going to accept someone they shouldn't (according to the bible.)
[edit on 8-1-2010 by EMPIRE]

Actually it was the ancestors of the Christians that "slaughtered" the Messiah (as you say "according to the bible"). They parade the image of the crucifix around to prove it.

Matthew 20:19 and will hand him over to the Gentiles to mock, to scourge, and to crucify

Mark 10:33 “...They will condemn him to death, and will deliver him to the Gentiles. 10:34 They will mock him, spit on him, scourge him, and kill him.

Luke 18:32 For he will be delivered up to the Gentiles, will be mocked, treated shamefully, and spit on. 18:33 They will scourge and kill him.

Acts 4:25 who by the mouth of your servant, David, said, ‘Why do the nations rage, and the peoples plot a vain thing? 4:26 The kings of the earth take a stand, and the rulers take council together, against the Lord, and against his Messiah.’ 4:27 “For truly, in this city against your holy servant, Yeshua, whom you anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together 4:28 to do whatever your hand and your council foreordained to happen.

This is what he says about the ancestors of the Gentiles

Luke 21:24 ...Jerusalem will be trampled down by the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

Isaiah 26:10 Let favor be shown to the wicked, yet he will not learn righteousness. In the land of uprightness he will deal wrongfully, and will not see the LORD’s majesty. 26:11 The LORD, your hand is lifted up, yet they don’t see; but they will see your zeal for the people, and be disappointed. Yes, fire will consume your adversaries.

Jonah 2:8 Those who regard lying vanities forsake their own mercy

As for the Christ of the Gentiles, jesus, he is the anti of Christ.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." Matthew 24:36

Real Christians don't set dates!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Well I am looking forward to 2013 so I can have a look back a all the doom sayers 2012 posts and see what's the next doomsday year they will pick.

I dont believe in religion of any kind I mean lets look at the Bible a story book written by about 40+ people over a period of what 1500yrs. That uses a circular argument to claim its true!

All religions on Earth have creation stories, doomsday stories another thing they all have in common they were written by MEN!

So all religious texts have as much right to be believed as the main 3/4 religions. They all tell different stories they all cant be right so more chance of them all being wrong.

Take Jesus , tell a child from birth he is special tell him he is the son of god and over a period of time the brain washing works.

Religion is like politics its about POWER , religious men have always had control over the general population and it still continues today.

Like I said at the start roll on 1st Jan 2013!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." Matthew 24:36

Real Christians don't set dates!

32"Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it[d]is near, right at the door. 34I tell you the truth, this generation[e] will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
40Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left.

41Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left. 42"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

45"Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47I tell you the truth, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, 'My master is staying away a long time,' 49and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

All lot of people take that statement to mean that we will have no idea when Jesus will be coming back. But he makes it very clear, He DOES expect us to know. He even said the Jewish people of His time should have known the date of His coming. After all, there were some pretty specific prophecies made throughout the Old Testament, ie Isaiah.

Actually, I have read several studies where the authors are suggesting that that phrase actually is referring to the phrase * Heaven and earth will pass away, but not my words*, because He goes on to say, no one knows THAT time, but only the Father.

He does expect us to know the general time frame pretty close, because He
directly mentions Noah right after that.

The thing is, Noah KNOWS when to enter the ark, but all those around him that mocked him didn't believe him until the doors were closed and the rain was coming down......even though they had seen Noah building the ark for 120 years.

The part after that that says, one taken and one left, may not refer to a rapture BEFORE any trouble, but if you look at the Noah story which is referenced here.......who was really taken here?

Noah and his family were the only ones LEFT, after the flood receded....the others were TAKEN by death.

Jesus tells us in Revelation, that the saints are martyred for the word of God, and tells us to hold fast. In the scriptures, the word tells us many times that God chastises those he loves and starts with the church, or his own people.

After all, we are to be an example to other people. If we are all gone during the tribulation, who is going to tell the unsaved what they need to know.

During the tribulation, there will still be a time during which people can still come to the Lord and be saved......

We live during one of the wickedest times in our history, why should we not have to suffer for the Lord?

[edit on 9-1-2010 by sezsue] spelling

[edit on 9-1-2010 by sezsue]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The Riley Family

Actually it was the ancestors of the Christians that "slaughtered" the Messiah (as you say "according to the bible").

And the ancestors of Christians are not only gentiles but Jews. Christianity isn’t rooted in gentiles. In fact, it is linked to the early followers of Jesus, Jews who were Followers of the Way or People of the Way.

They parade the image of the crucifix around to prove it

I don’t agree with running around wearing images or putting them in your place of worship. In fact, I myself see it as a form of idolatry.

Matthew 20:19 and will hand him over to the Gentiles to mock, to scourge, and to crucify

And who exactly handed him over? Gentiles handed him over to gentiles?

Mark 10:33 “...They will condemn him to death, and will deliver him to the Gentiles. 10:34 They will mock him, spit on him, scourge him, and kill him.

Who will condemn him to death? The gentiles? So the gentiles are going to condemn him to death and then hand him over to the gentiles?

Luke 18:32 For he will be delivered up to the Gentiles, will be mocked, treated shamefully, and spit on. 18:33 They will scourge and kill him.

See above.

Acts 4:25 who by the mouth of your servant, David, said, ‘Why do the nations rage, and the peoples plot a vain thing? 4:26 The kings of the earth take a stand, and the rulers take council together, against the Lord, and against his Messiah.’ 4:27 “For truly, in this city against your holy servant, Yeshua, whom you anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together 4:28 to do whatever your hand and your council foreordained to happen.

Pay attention to the bold.

This is what he says about the ancestors of the Gentiles

Luke 21:24 ...Jerusalem will be trampled down by the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled. Isaiah 26:10 ...Jonah 2:8 Those who regard lying vanities forsake their own mercy... As for the Christ of the Gentiles, jesus, he is the anti of Christ.

None of this is has anything to do with what I said. Do I need to show you a history of Israel killing her own prophets? Also, I clicked on your link thanks for the information. Are you familiar with Sananda? Google it and you’ll find something very interesting.

Based on “salvation” one can either say we all killed Jesus/Yeshua or that he gave his life freely to save mankind and restore us. That is another topic for another date. However, when looking at things from a legal perspective, as well as a biblical one, the Jews killed Jesus. Yes the Romans beat him (the jews also hit him), mocked him (the jews also did this), and crucified him but it was the Jews who handed him over for the death sentence because of their laws and customs. Moreover, the Romans even tell him his own people handed him over for the death sentence. Now if that were to happen today do you think the jews would not be charged with murder? Look at Charles Manson, the man didn’t kill anyone (that can be proven) yet how long has he been in prison? He gave the orders, he encouraged it, etc.

1 Thessalonians 2:14-16
For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews: Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men: Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

I’m sorry, but the Jews killed Jesus.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by EMPIRE]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Bible prophecy is being fulfilled right before our eyes.
1.Israel is a nation again
2.The third temple will soon be built
Those who know the truth are deemed to be liars,fanatics,crazies...
Those who think they know the truth are treated as being truthful,
intelligent and aware.
Time is running out and people better wake up before it is too late.

Its not a prophecy.

Its a plan, an agenda...and its all full of crap. I can prove it, I just used it to clean myself as I ran out of toilet paper.

[edit on 9/1/2010 by the_denv]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I have been watching things unfold for the last few years and it appears to me we must be very close.

Maranatha

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

Basically every so-called "christian" religion who doesn't adhere to the "Word of God" which is the Holy Bible.

Yes I agree with that statement 100%. We focus on them, but take it one step further, if they aren't going to make it, what does that say for the absolute non-christian religions, for example the adherents of Islam?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If religion didn't exsist all of it i mean not just christianty the worl;d would be a much more peaceful place if we are to have a doomsday soon it is religion that has caused it.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KeeperOfGenisis

I wish I could offer you all of the stars I have ever received.

Its great to see others here at ATS with this understanding.

I asked the question earlier in this same thread 'do people not see what kind of god they are bringing'??

It will come, they will get their God of war...right from the finger tips of man himself.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeeperOfGenisis
If religion didn't exsist all of it i mean not just christianty the worl;d would be a much more peaceful place if we are to have a doomsday soon it is religion that has caused it.

I amuses me when people say this...
...because they are ignorant of history...
...some of the worst atrociites in history against human beings have been perpetrated by a-religious or atheist regimes.

Read a little about Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, Pol Pot.

[edit on 9/1/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Of course you'd say this what about the crusades and everthing like that i guess you happily forgot about them and our present day sitsuation muslims fighting christans and so on i guess your right though religion never ever caused any major conflicts.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueperspective
This is a fulfillment of Matthew 24 when Jesus spoke of the end times:
15 “So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let the one who is on the housetop not go down to take what is in his house, 18 and let the one who is in the field not turn back to take his cloak. 19 And alas for women who are pregnant and for those who are nursing infants in those days! 20 Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be.” There must be a new temple in order for the anti-Christ to defile it and it is close to being built.

The Abomination of Desolation does not require that a third temple be built.

Jesus applied the 'Abomination of Desolation" to Antiochus IV Epiphanes...
...and He also reapplied it in principle to future fulfillment(s).

Jesus said "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:"

The term the 'Abomination of Desolation' is a reference to the following texts in Daniel...

Daniel 11:31 "And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate."

Daniel 12:11-13 "And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. 12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. 13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days."

The Jews understood these passages in Daniel to have been fulfilled locally in the Maccabeen period when Antiochus IV Epiphanes who ruled the Seleucid Empire attacked Jerusalem about 167BC.

To consolidate his empire and strengthen his hold over the region, Antiochus decided to Hellenize the Jews by outlawing Judaism and by ordering the worship of Zeus as the supreme god. This was anathema to the Jews and when they refused, Antiochus sent an army to enforce his decree. Because of the resistance, the city was destroyed and many were slaughtered. Eventually he banned the traditional Jewish religion and desecrated the temple by slaughtering a pig on the altar and erecting a statue of Zeus.

Later this was reversed by the Maccabeen revolution and the festival of Hanukkah was established to commemorate the cleansing and rededication of the temple. This festival is also known as the 'Feast of Dedication' or 'Festival of Lights'.

Ironically, Jesus own appearance at the feast of Hanukkah marked his rejection by the Jews...

John 10:22-23 "And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter. And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch."

John 10:33 "The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."

...they had missed the meaning of their own history

So it is with this background that Jesus says to his disciples ... "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand):" Matthew 24:15

Jesus is reapplying the principle evident in the history to Himself...

John 2:19-21 "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up....he spake of the temple of his body."

So Jesus applied the 'Abomination of Desolation' to the events of the Gospel...
...and in principle it can be reapplied wherever this Gospel is distorted, suppressed or lost.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Oh i do remember something about WW2 and didn't Hitler think they were the master race created by god and set about destroying all jews??? sounds pretty religious to me or arn't you up to date with your WW2 facts?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join