It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 16, 2010: The Beginning of the End!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

The Quran doesn't count since Mohammed blatantly pirated material from the Bible in constructing his 'Religion'... Doesn't anyone research history? The man was a Warlord, not a Prophet! Geez!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

Erm... thats my Birthday. Great.
Most likely ill get to drunk and do something stupid. lol.

But seriously, whats the chances?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
#1 is most important, you say?
That they are breaking ground for the third temple?

A temple is not necessary as long as there is a sacrificial altar. Construction for the altar started right after the mourning of Tammuz last summer.

As far as the temple being the "abomination of desolation"....that is not the abomination.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

One of the last warnings Jesus gave his prophets was this:

"Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not."*

Do you have any idea how much time lapsed between the time Jesus said this and Paul claimed to have seen him on the road to Damascus?

It was the very thing Jesus had warned his disciples about!

Paul was an opportunist. Half of the books in the New Testament were written by Paul. Most modern religions with roots in protestantism, Catholicism, and Evangelism are based on Pauline doctrine and have nothing to do with Jesus.

Paul did not accept Jesus as any kind of special atonement sacrifice as proven by the fact that he still continued to offer sacrificial animals at the temple.

*Matthew 24:23

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

One of the last warnings Jesus gave his prophets was this:

"Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not."*

Do you have any idea how much time lapsed between the time Jesus said this and Paul claimed to have seen him on the road to Damascus?

It was the very thing Jesus had warned his disciples about!

Paul was an opportunist. Half of the books in the New Testament were written by Paul. Most modern religions with roots in protestantism, Catholicism, and Evangelism are based on Pauline doctrine and have nothing to do with Jesus.

Paul did not accept Jesus as any kind of special atonement sacrifice as proven by the fact that he still continued to offer sacrificial animals at the temple.

*Matthew 24:23

Paul seeing Christ on the road to Damascus was not the return of Christ which is what Jesus was talking about in His "Olivet Prophecy." People will be blowing the whistle saying that Jesus has returned when it's nothing more than a false prophet or even the anti-christ. Christ simply used Paul to spread the Gospel message to the gentiles. Paul is the first and most popular of the christian mercenaries. To study Pauline doctrine without using the rest of the NT or any of the OT is damaging to anyone who does it. If you use the entire bible and use it to define it, you'll gain vast knowledge. Peter even said to be careful how you interpret Paul's words because they can be twisted... just as the rest of scripture.... to one's own benefit.

2 Peter 3
14 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless;
15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you,
16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

You were never "one of me" because you have fallen away. One of the first signs that you are a true Christian is that you endure to the end. Second, you must not be that familiar with the ancient Words because you would know that indeed God does require you and everyone else to bow the knee. Out of Romans 14:10-12
"10 Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; 11 for it is written, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess [2] to God.” 12 So then each of us will give an account of himself to God."
Trust me you don't know anything about the word of God or you would not have abandoned it. You are more a slave to "Old words" then I, because the enemies of God have been spewing lies since the beginning and you are the baby bird that swallows the throw up of your true master.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

There were no witnesses. We have only Paul/Saul's word for this.

Paul/Saul was a powermonger who saw how Simon-Peter was annointed to carry out God's work on Earth. The old ways became the new ways through the teachings of Paul/Saul, who as an educated man, was/is respected by the learned, over the teachings of the simple fisherman that Jesus trusted.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

If you look for this God of force, you wont see the Perfect Unseen One.

This is not true.

If you choose a path of Truth, even if you start with the God of OT and Revelation, you will find Truth.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

edit to add: And where exactly have I been a hypocrite? Where have I said one thing, yet believed another here??? Thowing around ad hominems only serves to make you look foolish, not I...

[edit on 5-1-2010 by JaxonRoberts]

You are a hypocrite for the simple fact that you think that you are "thinking for yourself" and "I don't allow anyone to tell me how to believe" yet you are like all the other people that follow the religion of atheism, evolution, or humanism. That old religion has been around alot longer then Christianity. Now I find that extremely funny. You are just as much dogmatic as I and yet you are following a lie. The irony is to great to be funny. I find it most sad. So rightly I have called you the hypocrite that your life displays.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
everyone read the REVELATIONS book published by the Jehovas witnesses it explains everything perfectly from the bible

There is nothing perfect about a false religion.

Jesus said, 'There will be many who will come after me and cry out saying they are me, of me. Do not be deceived'

If you read any religion's version of the Bible, be sure to ignore every other human beings interpretation of it and meditate and pray for the spirit of the Living God to guide you to understanding.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Barnabas was with Paul on the road to Damascus. There were also others who witnessed the light and sounds but didn't see Christ as Paul did on this same occurence.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueperspective
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

You were never "one of me" because you have fallen away. One of the first signs that you are a true Christian is that you endure to the end.

Wow, I didn't realize that one required your approval to be considered a 'true Christian'!!!

Second, you must not be that familiar with the ancient Words because you would know that indeed God does require you and everyone else to bow the knee. Out of Romans 14:10-12
"10 Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; 11 for it is written, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess [2] to God.” 12 So then each of us will give an account of himself to God."

I am familiar with your ancient Words, but this does not mean that I still give them power or relavence. And just because the fictitious God of your Holy Book requires such does not make Him more real. And such a petty, power hungry, egotistical God would not be worthy of such a sign of respect. Very un-Divine like behavior!

Trust me you don't know anything about the word of God or you would not have abandoned it. You are more a slave to "Old words" then I, because the enemies of God have been spewing lies since the beginning and you are the baby bird that swallows the throw up of your true master.

Other than disgusting, this is just useless double talk. You should be a politician.

You are a hypocrite for the simple fact that you think that you are "thinking for yourself" and "I don't allow anyone to tell me how to believe" yet you are like all the other people that follow the religion of atheism, evolution, or humanism. That old religion has been around alot longer then Christianity. Now I find that extremely funny. You are just as much dogmatic as I and yet you are following a lie. The irony is to great to be funny. I find it most sad. So rightly I have called you the hypocrite that your life displays.

You seem to think that you have the slightest clue as to what I do and do not believe in regards to the Divine. You most certainly do not. I am certainly NOT an atheist! And I do not give the Divine the negative human characteristics that you and your religion do. I give reverence to a Divine Being that embodies nothing but positive traits... Not the traits of the Christian God, who is supposedly the same God as portrayed in the Old Testament:

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”
Richard Dawkins: The God Delusion

Every trait that Dawkins gave your God is taken directly from your Old Words. While I disagree with Dawkins in regards to the existance of the Divine, I cannot argue with his observations on the Bible. I would never kneel before such a dispicable being!

The difference between you and I is that you seem to think you have all the answers and think that you understand the nature of The One, which is very arrogant. I, on the other hand, realize that I lack the ability to even comprehend The Divine, and I have nothing but questions as it is impossible for mere humans to comprehend the answers... but I do recognize human BS when I read and hear it. I refuse to allow the organized religions of man to have any power over me.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

You cant group people into a label if they each use their own reasoning and cognitive thinking to come to their own conclusion.

You are the one following in the masses...following another mans word about God...instead of seeking a personal path for yourself.

But your Bible talks against using the reasoning that God made you with, so of course, you would not respect a person's personal journey in life.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to for go their use".-Galileo Galilei

Its ironic that those that use their reasoning and logic, can agree that the God of the OT was given human attributes, making the image of God, not so perfect.

God does not label us do to our religions, Thee weighs and measures our thoughts and hearts.

You have limited God greatly, you and many many others, and in my past, I did the same thing. Mixing the God that did not love his children unconditionally and the one that does...wont work. You can only have one master. A parent doesnt make a child earn their love....and neither does God. Thee continues to guide us in many ways, even many life times if needed, to learn about ourselves, learn about the ways of flesh, discern the path that is not...so we find the path that is. The Bible is perfect because it offers both paths to a person, but if one is not truly testing all things through the Holy Spirit....they will not see the difference in the two images. They will attach carnal ways to ways of God....and this will be a marker for them to come back and re learn more about the path that is not to sift out the path that is.

By certain things that have been said, sometimes even just a few words from the mouth of another....is enough to show...what nature that person is of...it is then easy to see...what nature of a god they follow.

God doesnt leave all the answers in a book...God doesnt give Thee's pearls to the swine...to the ones that would call spiritual things foolishness.

Most religious people have not even discerned Gods nature with the words Divine, Holy, and Perfect. If you did this, you would see what Gods nature is not...and the path that is not.

Religion is of the world, of man....not of Spirit. There may be spiritual things found within all religions...but the nature of the action and the man giving the message, must be discerned between living for flesh or living for spirit.

The Divine One has been disgraced....but this is needed, for like I said, we learn through experiences...we must experience paths that are not so we recognize the path that is.

The very idea that God needed man to kill anything at all...is the most carnal belief of mankind and is a marker for many.

You cant label personal paths and journeys.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Wow, I didn't realize that one required your approval to be considered a 'true Christian'!!!

These are not MY requirements. Hebrews 3:12-14, "12 Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God. 13 But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original confidence firm to the end." So I guess you were never a Christian.

I am familiar with your ancient Words, but this does not mean that I still give them power or relavence. And just because the fictitious God of your Holy Book requires such does not make Him more real. And such a petty, power hungry, egotistical God would not be worthy of such a sign of respect. Very un-Divine like behavior!

It really doesn't matter how you view the words. I don't think this passage mentions having a choice, and for someone who admits that he knows nothing about the divine you sure do have a strong judgment about what He is not like. I find that ironic.

Other than disgusting, this is just useless double talk. You should be a politician.

The imagery is meant to invoke disgust, just like the religious people of Jesus' day were discribed as white washed tombs with dead mens bones inside.

You seem to think that you have the slightest clue as to what I do and do not believe in regards to the Divine. You most certainly do not. I am certainly NOT an atheist! And I do not give the Divine the negative human characteristics that you and your religion do. I give reverence to a Divine Being that embodies nothing but positive traits... Not the traits of the Christian God, who is supposedly the same God as portrayed in the Old Testament

Oh, so you're a hypocrite because you claim to have no knowledge of the Divine yet you have created one to your own liking. Which is what you claim that those of the Old Testament have done. You can attack the established God of the Bible, but we should all accept your fairy tale personally tailored god. uhmm..

The difference between you and I is that you seem to think you have all the answers and think that you understand the nature of The One, which is very arrogant. I, on the other hand, realize that I lack the ability to even comprehend The Divine, and I have nothing but questions as it is impossible for mere humans to comprehend the answers... but I do recognize human BS when I read and hear it. I refuse to allow the organized religions of man to have any power over me.

Everything I say is from the Bible. I never have onced claimed to have the answers in and of myself. I think you are attacking the messenger because you don't like what the Bible has to say about you. Sorry, but those are the facts. You really should not try to argue, instead you should realize that Jesus offers a light and easy yoke. He can take care of all your needs and all you have to do is accept him and repent and then live a life pleasing to him. Who could hate that?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Everything in the scripture is not a living truth about Thee Divine One.

One must discern the nature of 'Holy'.

God never left a book for us. Man did. Gods book is life itself.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Sory, no s & f

Ponder this!

The world didn't end with the dinosaurs.

Now we have the age of Man.

The age of man, as we know it, may end.

So what! You were somewhere before you came here. Pack your bags and get ready to move up or be broken down for further refinning so the gold/goodness within you can be used. That is based on the progress you have or have not made while here in living 3D.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I have studied the bible and come to the conclusion it is a work of men. Men with agendas. So, beware of what you put your faith in.

There are many good truths within that work, but the bottom line is that it is created from earlier works, many of which have been destroyed around the time of writing/creation of the said bible(King James version is just that, man's version).

It is plainly there for those who really want to look. Based on what they are now finding in Iran & Iraq or Babylon. The original work by Ezra while in Babylon is now what Religion touts as the greatest work is not that original, as described in the Sumerian Seals as being their works of the creation story which was written long before.

Take the blinders off.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I tire of your self righteous arrogance... BORED NOW!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Just a quick comment about a possible catalyst in all this....RT [ russia today ] had a story about obama calling for a million troops anticipating riots from the american people, by the end of winter!

now just how valid that is remains to be seen....but if they announce a major banking failure worse than what already happened...and say your money is not insured either....I could see the "S" hitting the fan over something like that.

some finacial advisor are speculating about a currency swap, where we would lose 2/3rds of our money in the swap[ get 1new for each 3old dollars you turn in ]...but also lose 2/3rds of any debt we owed...right now it is just talk...airing out possible scenarios such as a domino effect of 2 or 3 or more things happening could send shockwaves...

[edit on 7-1-2010 by toasted]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

The harlot woman riding the beast is the false religious system.

I didn't know you believed that, another thing we have in common with our belief structure

One thing is for sure we are living in serious times where we need to be watching world events, that's why I like ATS it helps me do that.

"But what I say to you I say to all, Keep on the Watch." - Jesus Christ, 33 AD (Mark 13:37)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join