It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you be a human pet and be walked around on a leash?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
im not sure if i have posted this in the right place, i guess if its in the wrong place then one of the mods will move it.

i wanted to post something other then my usual topic of UFO's and Aliens so here goes, i came across an article in the Daily Mail which is a well known newspaper in the UK and it showed a couple whom one is a human pet and the other is the pets owner.

'I'm a human pet': The Goth teenager whose fiance walks her around on a dog lead. Given that she describes herself as a human pet ? and is happy to walk around on a lead ? Tasha Maltby is used to odd looks and even odder remarks.

Read the full article here

a question or two.... or three....

could you be a human pet or own a human pet?

do you think this is insane?

do you believe many people like this kind of thing but are afraid of 'coming out' in fear of getting mocked, flamed or laughed at?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Loads of people like to be dominated, and others like to dominate others.

I doubt many would like to go round on a dog lead though.

link   
It happens quite often. Haven't you ever seen a GIMP? That's their bread and butter.

link   

Originally posted by justjoemusic

'I'm a human pet': The Goth teenager whose fiance walks her around on a dog lead. Given that she describes herself as a human pet ? and is happy to walk around on a lead ? Tasha Maltby is used to odd looks and even odder remarks.

do you think this is insane?

do you believe many people like this kind of thing but are afraid of 'coming out' in fear of getting mocked, flamed or laughed at?

I think the vast majority of people prefer to be led around like dogs.

THe less thinking they have to do the better.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2cd2709cec48.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

this ones better

[edit on 12/29/2009 by Remixtup]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Just a couple of Goths living off of the system. Nothing to see here. Perhaps a job and a car is what they need.

And yes the bus driver should be thrown out on his bum. He needs a nice cubicle tucked away from people.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Remixtup

this ones better

haha!!!!
she must be a human version of a saint bernard!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is old news. The article itself is a year old. It takes all sorts I guess! If they aren't harming anyone, let them be.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I personally couldn't ever be a pet to anyone.

However, although I have a strong will and sense of freedom, I am not dominate over others either.

That isn't to say that I haven't taken in my fair share of human strays and kept them for a while as House Pets. I didn't keep them on leashes but I housed and fed them, clothed them, and treated them kindly in exchange for them keeping the foot of my bed warm, or fetching me my slippers.
I even had one human House Pet that I was able to train to do the dishes and mix a Vodka Gimlet to hand me when I got home from work!

Human House Pets has been a status symbol amongst Drug Dealers since at least the 1980s. They take in waifs and strays and contrary to popular belief, don't pimp them out or use them for sexual gratification, but shelter them and protect them as a sign of their wealth and power. It's like their version of keeping a stable of pure-bred Arabian horses, or a garage full of Lamborghinis.

However, in the instance of the article quoted by the OP, I think it is a combination of finding Identity in doing something different from mainstream culture, shock value, and choosing to live a 24/7 DOM/sub lifestyle. There are many people that find Liberty, Solace, and Self-Expression in living subservient to another. To each there own.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

could you be a human pet or own a human pet?

Um... nah... I couldn't do it (either station) well, maybe for Halloween, but there would be two leashes (we would both get to hold one)... Lol. I admit, I don't understand the Goth culture and I don't know anybody in it, so unless someone can explain it to me, I guess I won't comment further on that...

The bus driver sounds crazy, someone should look into that.

The article felt the need to specify the couple was living on "benefits" and planned to start a family soon... I wonder why it specified that without going into the reasons why the couple was living on "benefits" it almost seemed like it was sending an underlying message. Perhaps on the surface it looked like an article on the side of bringing discrimination to light, but the underlying message seemed to indicate not... hmmm?

ed: fix quote

[edit on 29-12-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ahh just some kids having some fun! Just think in ten years time he will be asking her permission to go have beer with his buddies!

I love this crazy planet!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Remixtup

this ones better

That terrifies me on more than one level

I would be more worried about that leash acting as a lightning conducter during a thunderstorm. I wonder what these 2 do for work?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Lol. I admit, I don't understand the Goth culture and I don't know anybody in it, so unless someone can explain it to me, I guess I won't comment further on that...

It's okay to be confused because the fact that they are Goth is a Non-Sequitur. The Master/Pet (or Slave) is a Bondage & Discipline/Dominance & Submission thing, not a Goth thing. The MSM apparently either decided that the moniker "Goth" draws more attention/ratings than saying that they were part of the Fetish Community...although they both share similar interests in wearing PVC/Vinyl/Leather, that's where the similarities end...or the MSM doesn't happen to know the difference between one Sub-Culture and the next.

It's rather akin to pointing out someone wearing Golf Pants and saying that they must be Republican. Sure, some Republicans play Golf, but having an interest in playing Golf doesn't automatically make you a Republican.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I had a pet cat, but I think my cat thought I was his pet.

Does that count?

[edit on 29-12-2009 by Junkheap]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
why not? if they want to grab the attention of others. i have always been intrigued by goths and their style, it is very unique.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Dude, just go to Newtown in Sydney, hahahaha. every second person there has a chain and lead around their neck. But personally I just find it weird. I love metal and everything metal, but wearing pleather pants and being dragged around on a chain isn't my thing.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Maybe were all pets, well at least us guys. I believe Wives are the owners and the husbands are the dogs. LOL
Well I can only say that because my ex-girlfriend called me a dog. I did bring home the bacon for a while. I guess it no different like a good dog getting the morning newspaper.
This should have been posted on BTS side of

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I've known people like this.

Honestly, they are less disturbing to me than these people.

www.christiandd.com...

In either case, I'd freaking go ballistic if either was my daughter or son.

[edit on 2009/12/29 by Aeons]

top topics

join