It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancients Pyramids of the Visoko Valley and the new underground Labirinth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

why don't you have time? are you too good for us or what? you must be busy saving the planet or educating the noobs here on ats huh?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Moodle

Do you expect someone to read a thread and post a summary for you?

Please tell me you weren't serious with that post?

@Imagir: The placement of those 'carved' stones really does nothing for the case of the pyramid. I wouldn't even trust the claims that these are original carvings considering the controversy regarding Osmanagic and what some of his family/co-workers have done to perpetuate the hoax.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Moodle

I don't have the time because:

From 08:30 to 09:30 I am preparing myself to go to work.
From 09:30 to 13:30 I am at work.
From 13:30 to 14:30 I have my lunch break, during this time I try to catch up to all the active threads I am following (the posts that were made during night time in the US), although sometimes, like today, I don't have the time to read them all.
From 14:30 to around 20:00 I am at work again.
From around 20:30/21:00 up to 22:30 I can spend my time catching up to the threads I have been following (the posts that are made during morning time in the US), doing what Mods do (
) and look at new threads that may not be related to my "work" as a Moderator.
From 22:30 to 23:00 I have my dinner, and most of the time I go back to ATS up to midnight.
If there is nothing interesting on TV or I don't have any new movie to watch on DVD then I am usually on ATS until I go to bed, between 01:30 and 02:00.
From 02:00 to 08:30 I sleep.

As you can see, my world is not limited to this specific thread, that's why I don't have the time to re-read two threads, one with 14 pages and the other with 32.

Also, I think that the best is that people read the original sources instead of condensed versions (unless they just want to have a general idea of what is being discussed) or other people's words about it (they may have some bias changing the meaning of at least some of the sentences).

So, answering your question, "or what".

I am not too good or too bad (I think) for anyone (whoever that "us" you refer to may mean), I am not saving the planet (only helping destroying it, by using more energy to post on ATS), but I am available to teach or explain anything that I know about to anyone, from an "ATS little bity Baby" to an "ATS King Kong".

PS: for an explanation of what is an "ATS little bity Baby" and an "ATS King Kong", see this post, unless you are too busy for that.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

Hoghead... I couldn't tell in your response what side of the fence you were on regarding these Bosnian Pyramids?

However, I believe the complications of getting support for the excavations may be because Osmanagich's questionable credibility, Bosnia's war torn country with still undiscovered land mines in the area laying about, and economic troubles.

Hopefully that is about to change since the conclusion of the 1st International Scientific Conference about the Bosnian Pyramids held last year.

The First International Scientific Conference about the Bosnian Valley of the Pyramids (ICBP 2008) was held between August 25-30, 2008 in Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina. More than 50 scientists from Egypt, Saudi Arabia, China, Russia, Poland, Great Britain, Hungary, Austria, Croatia, Montenegro and Bosnia-Herzegovina took part at the Conference. Distinguished archaeologists, geologists, physicians, Egyptologists, chemists, architects, geodesic experts and other participants presented dozens of their papers.

Committee for Recommendation which consisted of:

dr. Nabil Swelim, Egyptologists and archaeologist, President of the ICBP 2008
dr. Oleg Khavroshkin, geophysicist, Chairman of the ICBP Scientific Committee
dr. Alaa Shaheen, archaeologist, Dean of the Faculty of Archaeology at the Cairo University
dr. Hassan El-Saady, historian, vice-dean of the Faculty of Arts at the Alexandria University
dr. Anna Pazdur, physician, Lab for the radiocarbon dating, Silesian University, Gliwice, Poland
dr. Mona Haggag, archaeologist, Secretary of the Archaeological Sociaety of Alexandria, Egypt
dr. Ivan Šimatović, President of the Organizational Committee, Croatia
dr. Jiao Nanfeng, Director of Archaelogical Institute for Shaanxy Province, China
dr. Mostafa El-Abbadi, historian, Founder of the modern Library in Alexandria (Bibliotheca Alexandrina), Egypt
Chris Norman, planner, Edinburgh, Velika Britanija
dr. Mohamed Ibrahim Aly, Egyptologist and archaeologist, Faculty of Art at the University Ein-Shams, Cairo
Semir Osmanagić, Founder of the „Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun" Foundation and Vice-President of the ICBP 2008

CONCLUSIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS

Work at the archaeological location "Bosnian Valley of the Pyramids" in Visoko, Bosnia and Herzegovina, is an important geo-archaeological and epigraphical research that requires further multidisciplinary scientific research which should answer the origin of the Bosnian pyramidal hills and the extensive underground tunnel network as well as other archaeological sites in the vicinity;

ICBP Conference recommends that Second International Scientific Conference about the Bosnian Valley of the Pyramids should be held in Sarajevo in two years (2010) and gather experts in pyramid research from all over the world;

ICBP Conference introduce the initiative to establish Centre for Pyramid studies with headquarter in Sarajevo;

ICBP Conference recommends universities in Bosnia and Herzegovina to establish study at the graduate level for archaeology as a support to the reasearch project "Bosnian Valley of the Pyramids".

Source: www.icbp.ba...

It looks like they are seeking lots of volunteers for excavation this coming summer.
International Summer Camp for Volunteers for Bosnian Pyramids 2010

Ally Barakat, Expert from Egypt telling his theory about Bosnian Pyramid and ancient Bosnians
Video

So the question remains: Are these Pyramids?

The photos and radar images certainly raise questions that should be investigated and researched.

And as I said earlier - I'll be watching this one.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMap...you are my friend... but what was that. Please stay on topic.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

OK, sorry about that.

To keep my posts on topic, one of the things I remember from those two threads is that Colette M. Dowell and Robert M. Schoch were invited to study the "pyramids", and when the report was not as expected (and after some harsher words about Colette Dowel's reports) it was ignored by the "Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun Foundation".

You can read Colette Dowel's point of view here.

PS: I forgot to say that I have more free time during the weekends.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
reply to post by ArMaP

What about the TUNNELS?
Dug by Osmanagic father?

Once again, I think you'll find that subject addressed at Hall of Maat as well...seek and ye shall find.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

yeah yeah that's cool. thanks for the explanation. i just wanted to make clear that i wasn't on your side on this argument in case anyone noticed that we sort of were.

i see you pop in threads once in a while and it's never for a positive reason. you always show up, insult soemone in a way that you think is clever and will pass off as making you look smart and then everyone else gets quiet.

it's really annoying.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Speaking purely as a casual observer...Why is it so difficult for humanity to realize that we have been building and rebuilding over old sites for thousands of years? How many "undiscovered" pyramids and temples will reveal themselves to us in the coming years baffles my tiny mind...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

I think there's also an earthen pyramid in china...there are a few reports of straggler pyramids all over the world

I think some served an agricultural purpose

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
If the Pyramids of Visoko are a gigantic Hoax, this is the most gigantic Hoax in the history of modern archeology of which I have never felt.

If all this gigantic Hoax is planned by Osmanagic, then the Mr. Osmanagic is a man really, but REALLY the most LUCKY Man, because:

He has uncovered a site where there are five “hills” with a pyramidal shape (and lately, the traces radar have confirmed it).
He has uncovered that these pyramidal hills are perfectly aligned with the points cardinals North/East South//the West.
He has uncovered that the slope of sides of pyramidal hills to 45° is to terraces.
He has uncovered that material outside has an unusual composition similar to the concrete.
He has uncovered Labitinth of tunnel and galleries pyramidal basements that very probably connect all and the five hills.
He has uncovered that this net of galleries is of various kilometers and it is extended under the entire site.
He has uncovered, inside of the enormous tunnels, stone blocks of some tons, which smoothed, carved with strange designs and positioned over the waterbearing stratum.
He has uncovered artifacts that going back to many thousands of years ago.
He has uncovered that around “enormous pyramidal hills” is an enormous number of Stone Spheres some of which of the weight of some tons.

and inside the tunnels he has uncovered also this!
Yes, Mr. Osmanagic is probably the more fortunate archeologist in the history of archeology!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Whatever happens with regard to the local "pyramids" Mr. Osmanagic should be given the keys to the village for what he has done for tourism and raising the profile of a country up to recent times known only for mayhem. These people need a break, along with everybody in the Balkans, and if this becomes their Giza-like money making machine, so much the better.

On the subject of the pyramids, the older something is often times the harder it is for the casual observer to tell what it is. What looks like a pile of rocks to me, can actually be a stone age axe making factory to the trained eye.

If these are man made structures and if they are really thirty thousand years old, I would not be surprised to see sagging and loss of shape due to erosion of the "fill" they used under whatever stone facing they might have. The facing could well have collapsed in parts into the structure or formed landslides down its side. Just because it looks like a pile of earth and rocks doesn't mean it wasn't your patio once.

I'm looking forward to developments and rooting for the pyramids, but if they are not such a spectacular find, that's OK too.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I believe hoagland found something on the moon and mars. I believe there just may be some tye of life on europa, if not venus itself, and I believe our history is riddled with visitations. This however looks like a mountain range to me. I cannot bring myself to believe this anything but natural caves, and natural rock formations. Most likely created violently and abruptly, hence the sharp edges of the mountains themselves.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I know I promised a translation the other day but I've been a little busy. Here is the translation from the first 5 minutes of the 1st clip. After 5 minutes Semir starts talking about bio-energies that the pyramids give off. I'm not sure how to translate that part properly but I will give it a shot when I have more time. For now:

They’re start off in Sarajevo. They call it a small Jerusalem, due to the fact the all 3 major religions live in one city. Visoko (where the alleged pyramids are) is located 30 km outside Sarajevo.

The discovery could change the history of the world as we know it.

The pyramids are bigger and older than the Egyptian ones. The pyramids are surrounded with artifacts made of rock. Who or which civilization did this?

We are meeting under the Pyramid of the Sun with Semir Osmanagic, the man who made this sensational discovery.

“Semir, who and when did you make this discovery”?

“I came to Visoko for the first time in my life, in Spring 2005. I noticed right away that this hill had an exact geometric form. It was also perfectly coordinated to exact cardinal points (true north and south) and natural hills never have this perfect geometric shape. We are in front of a geometrical structure that is the biggest in the world. It is 210 meters in height”

Interviewer: “To which time period to these rocks belong to”?

Semir: “The valley of the pyramids in Bosnia is the most vast complex in the world. It is made of 5 pyramids: The Sun, The Moon, The Earth, The Dragon and Love. They’re all interconnected by subterranean tunnels and tombs. The pyramid of the Sun reaches a height of 230 meters, but its base is 620 meters x 440 meters. These big blocks of rocks have been found here for thousands of years. According to various institutes that have been here estimate the age of the pyramids to be over 12,000 years old”.

Semir “History has to be re-written”.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
These people need a break, along with everybody in the Balkans, and if this becomes their Giza-like money making machine, so much the better.

o.

Amen to the people of the Balkans needing a break. Balkan in Turkish means Blood and Honey, which, in my opinion, refers to the people in the Balkans. You'll find people to be like honey but you also find people that will take your last drop of blood from you.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I've been looking at this matter for quite a while, and I'd say this is fake. Even if there are two faces that look quite symmetrical triangles, the rest of the "pyramid" is quite irregular and oddly-shaped.

Having explored the Balkans and Greece myself a few times, I can say for sure that there are LOTS of hills, mountains and rock formations that are very pyramidal or conical in their shapes, yet nothing indicates they were of artificial origins at any point. These were very old volcanoes that were downsized during the last ice age.

Just another trick to boost tourism in an unpopular area of the Balkans

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RamsOnTop

Thanks for your "translation"job! Stars for you!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
From another thread related.

And I agree!

Originally posted by Imagir
If the Pyramids of Visoko are a gigantic Hoax, this is the most gigantic Hoax in the history of modern archeology of which I have never felt.

If all this gigantic Hoax is planned by Osmanagic, then the Mr. Osmanagic is a man really, but REALLY the most LUCKY Man, because:

He has uncovered a site where there are five “hills” with a pyramidal shape (and lately, the traces radar have confirmed it).
He has uncovered that these pyramidal hills are perfectly aligned with the points cardinals North/East South//the West.
He has uncovered that the slope of sides of pyramidal hills to 45° is to terraces.
He has uncovered that material outside has an unusual composition similar to the concrete.
He has uncovered Labitinth of tunnel and galleries pyramidal basements that very probably connect all and the five hills.
He has uncovered that this net of galleries is of various kilometers and it is extended under the entire site.
He has uncovered, inside of the enormous tunnels, stone blocks of some tons, which smoothed, carved with strange designs and positioned over the waterbearing stratum.
He has uncovered artifacts that going back to many thousands of years ago.
He has uncovered that around “enormous pyramidal hills” is an enormous number of Stone Spheres some of which of the weight of some tons.

and inside the tunnels he has uncovered also this!
Yes, Mr. Osmanagic is probably the more fortunate archeologist in the history of archeology!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The problem is that most of the things on that list are not exactly true.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join